iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 30, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #12,346 of 14,594
Then I hope for you that Monarchs 2 will blow you away as well. I remind you of Kinera Nana who also fascinated you. Then the Nana 2 came and you were no longer happy with the bass. But you never heard Nana 2.0 with 12 EXN. Maybe they deserve another chance. Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it fits with Monarch 2!!
Honestly, i was thinking about the Nannas Imperial since i sent them back. I really wanted to keep them but this bass wasnt enough for me. The mids were magical, very emotional. After trying the Monarchs OG, im happy that didnt keep them. What i love about this hobby is the fact that im learning and i really like it. From the very beginning, i was a treble head, than i needed more bass. Then i was more into warmish sound, the trebles could be nonexistent for me. Now i want a dead flat sound as i find it more true to the life (imho of course) but most of all, this kind of sound is for a long range for me. Sure no WOW factor isnt very exciting but this feeling when you can turn the volume knob very high and the whole fr response gets louder, it creates fantastic atmosphere. Will see, everything changes, we all change and our taste too. Nothing wrong with that:)

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #12,347 of 14,594
Honestly, i was thinking about the Nannas Imperial since i sent them back. I really wanted to keep them but this bass wasnt enough for me. The mids were magical, very emotional. After trying the Monarchs OG, im happy that didnt keep them. What i love about this hobby is the fact that im learning and i really like it. From the very beginning, i was a treble head, than i needed more bass. Then i was more into warmish sound, the trebles could be nonexistent for me. Now i want a dead flat sound as i find it more true to the life (imho of course) but most of all, this kind of sound is for a long range for me. Sure no WOW factor isnt very exciting but this feeling when you can turn the volume knob very high and the whole fr response gets louder, it creates fantastic atmosphere. Will see, everything changes, we all change and our taste too. Nothing wrong with that:)
Did you tried UM Mest Mk II ?

Apr 30, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #12,351 of 14,594
Seems like this Crinacle hype didnt come from nowhere. I had an opportuninty to audition my friend's Monarchs OG today (the first version). Maybe its just me, who likes similar sound profile but OMG. I can undarstand people who dont agree with his ratings. There was almost no WOW factor from the first listen. BUT they sounded like speakers. Very even, the music was in front of me. No peaks, no one trick pony effects. Surprisingly, this reference like tuning gave me more emotions than everything else ive experienced. It felt true somehow. A very sophisticated approach. The dx300 shows its potential now. The reference source combined with excellent tuned iems equals MAGIC. Now i think im starting to understand this game. Dead flat in a good execution means fantastic! Cant wait for my Monarchs 2!
Keep in mind that the Monarch OG and the MK2 are different, the MK2 has not the same sub-bass.

Apr 30, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #12,352 of 14,594
No wonder:) The u12t are a better sets.
I have had the U12t and the Mest, and I would choose the Mest over the U12t one thousand times.

Apr 30, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #12,354 of 14,594
Did you tried UM Mest Mk II ?
Mest MK II and DX300 somehow doesn't fit. Anyone who reacts sensitively to high mids will not be happy with this combination. Of course, that's just my opinion. But a lot of other people say that too. Also, I think they sound kind of emotionless. At high volumes, the mids tend to scream. At least that's how I hear it. I have now brought mine here to the local shop to sell Die Mest. In my opinion, every IEM collection should have a DX 312, IT 07 and Oriolus Isas with a good upgrade cable. Then you actually have everything you need and all genres are covered and at a very high level.

Apr 30, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #12,355 of 14,594
Mest MK II and DX300 somehow doesn't fit. Anyone who reacts sensitively to high mids will not be happy with this combination. Of course, that's just my opinion. But a lot of other people say that too. Also, I think they sound kind of emotionless. At high volumes, the mids tend to scream. At least that's how I hear it. I have now brought mine here to the local shop to sell Die Mest. In my opinion, every IEM collection should have a DX 312, IT 07 and Oriolus Isas with a good upgrade cable. Then you actually have everything you need and all genres are covered and at a very high level.
I agree, but only from reviews and looking at the fr response. Thats why i picked the Monarchs 2 as they are better tuned than the Mest 2 and u12t. People need to understand the meaning of tuning. If the tuning is f___cked up, nothing will make up for it, no detail, no soundstage, no bass slam, separation etc. You can buy 3k+ dol iems but they can sound off if the fr is far from a natural ear sound perception.
Thats why im sticking to the Timeless as they have fantastic tuning (better than my Xelentos, IT07, Radiance) even tho they arent as sophisticated microdetail wise.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #12,356 of 14,594
I agree, but only from reviews and looking at the fr response. Thats why i picked the Monarchs 2 as they are better tuned than the Mest 2 and u12t. People need to understand the meaning of tuning. If the tuning is f___cked up, nothing will make up for it, no detail, no soundstage, no bass slam, separation etc. You can buy 3k+ dol iems but they can sound off if the fr is far from a natural ear sound perception.
Thats why im sticking to the Timeless as they have fantastic tuning (better than my Xelentos, IT07, Radiance) even tho they arent as sophisticated microdetail wise.
You absolutely have to try the Oriolus Isas. They are so well matched. They have an incredible midrange full of emotion and feeling. You are unbelievable. The bass is also very good and the highs are also more extended and the sounds softer with the Satin Audio Cable Athena. Micro details also increase with this cable. Fantastic to my ears. My absolute favorite IEM.

Apr 30, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #12,357 of 14,594
Wow I never thought I would hear the word shouty and MEST MK2 used in the same sentence but everything is relative. If one is coming from an iem where 1k-3k region is virtually null then I could see how it would be shouty. I wouldnt call MEST MK2 a shouty IEM though. It's probably one of the smoothest iems out there relatively speaking across the entire FR.

Remember, tips, fit and synergy is everything with MEST MK2

Apr 30, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #12,358 of 14,594
Wow I never thought I would hear the word shouty and MEST MK2 used in the same sentence but everything is relative. If one is coming from an iem where 1k-3k region is virtually null then I could see how it would be shouty. I wouldnt call MEST MK2 a shouty IEM though. It's probably one of the smoothest iems out there relatively speaking across the entire FR.

Remember, tips, fit and synergy is everything with MEST MK2
Yes that's with amp 11. 1. Not only me think so. And the middles with out any feeling and emotions. For me not ok. With amp 12 is a little better but not much. Buy Oriolus Isa and then when you hear it you will understand what i mean. One of the best middle tones what i hear in my life. Full of emotion a great timbre and totally smooth. Magical!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back