iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 24, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #12,181 of 14,596
I recall seeing a life hack video on how to remove the yellowing effect and return the shade to transparent. I don't know for sure if it really works since I never tried it.
So, I never realized that it could be done, so I looked it up, and it seems as though there are many things that can work. Rubbing alcohol, denture tablets, Alka-Seltzer, vinegar, bleach, etc...

Apr 24, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #12,182 of 14,596
All this talk about the amp12 has got me thinking about picking up one myself. I'm pretty happy listening to my Fiio FH9's & the dx300 as is, but maybe I'll prefer this amp :D. What's the difference with these mods tho? I only recently realized the "exn" was not only a modded amp12, but is apparently multiple mods? Looks like many of you are in Europe getting this done - is there a place doing it in the states that's reputable?

Apr 24, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #12,184 of 14,596
All this talk about the amp12 has got me thinking about picking up one myself. I'm pretty happy listening to my Fiio FH9's & the dx300 as is, but maybe I'll prefer this amp :D. What's the difference with these mods tho? I only recently realized the "exn" was not only a modded amp12, but is apparently multiple mods? Looks like many of you are in Europe getting this done - is there a place doing it in the states that's reputable?
Ask Whitigir he can do fot you
I only do EX 😊, not EXN-P. For anyone who loves EXNP, I recommend buying directly from Steve and import it to the states. He most of the time have it on the shelves and ready to ship out the next minutes.

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #12,185 of 14,596
I only do EX 😊, not EXN-P. For anyone who loves EXNP, I recommend buying directly from Steve and import it to the states. He most of the time have it on the shelves and ready to ship out the next minutes.
Is there a link that explains the EXN-P? It is the same idea as what you do but different caps?

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #12,187 of 14,596
I have an amp12, but found the amp11 more dynamic and staging. Went back to using the Amp11mki.

I wouldn't be too motivated to get an amp12 unless you want a less forgiving playback. Like if you got a pretty dark iem/headphone.

Maybe I should send my amp12 to get modded.

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #12,188 of 14,596
Here are general details. They ship to the US, 30 pounds for UPS International.
https://www.npaudio.uk/npaudio-modifications/npaudio-dx300-amp12exn-upgrade-npaudio-spec

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #12,190 of 14,596
When i plug the Timeless into my ears paired with the EXN, the first thing i hear is space. Almost unlimited amount of air. This is the case when i really found out what a great tuned iems are capable of and combined with a very holographic and clean source, the result is nothing short of amazing. I like the Timeless with the amp11.2 too, but it lacks dynamics a bit and the trebles arent as smooth and extended. Cant wait how will perform the Monarchs 2. Still almost 3 weeks of waiting:frowning2:

Apr 24, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #12,191 of 14,596

I have an amp12, but found the amp11 more dynamic and staging. Went back to using the Amp11mki.

I wouldn't be too motivated to get an amp12 unless you want a less forgiving playback. Like if you got a pretty dark iem/headphone.

Maybe I should send my amp12 to get modded.
I don't know the difference between the EX mods, but @Whitigir has said in the past of the differences between W and EX: The EX mod is better for those with higher end head gear, and the W mod is better for those that don't have higher end head gear. I am sure that this is a general statement and there is an exception to every rule, so either of those would sound fantastic I would bet. :) IMHO They are both upgrades to the stock amp 12 (though I LOVE mine still).

I still plan on getting a modded one at some point (almost pulled the trigger a couple months ago).

I can say this though. The EX (and W) is a Whitigir mod/invention. The EXN is an expansion of EX by NPAudio (hence the N).

Apr 25, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #12,192 of 14,596
@RIGATIO. Do you still have your Focal Radiance??? Or sent back like most things?? If you still have them, be sure to try the iBasso CB 17 cables and the Dekoni Elite Pads for Stellia. You will be enthusiastic. An enormous gain in sound for the money! And the Dekoni pads are so comfortable. Much better than the original pads. It's just a tip from me.

Apr 25, 2022 at 6:22 AM Post #12,193 of 14,596
@RIGATIO. Do you still have your Focal Radiance??? Or sent back like most things?? If you still have them, be sure to try the iBasso CB 17 cables and the Dekoni Elite Pads for Stellia. You will be enthusiastic. An enormous gain in sound for the money! And the Dekoni pads are so comfortable. Much better than the original pads. It's just a tip from me.
Yes, still have them and like them very much. Thanx, will try. For now im enjoying the Timeless immensely and the Radiance dont find much use, they are great tho, definitely best closed backs ive tried with the dx300 to date.

Apr 25, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #12,194 of 14,596
Hi guys.
Im interested in modifying the amp12 module for my Ibasso dx300.
When i had ibasso dx220 I modified the amp8 and amp9 modules with the fidelizer mod. Rally enjoyed amp8 with his mod. Stock amp8 had a similar sonic signature to amp12.

I would like to know the changes in sound signature of the different mods. I think that amp12 sounds great but maybe too flat.
I would like it to gain some extra punch and a more organic sound without losing treble extension or too much scene.

Best Regards.

Apr 26, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #12,195 of 14,596
Hi guys.
Im interested in modifying the amp12 module for my Ibasso dx300.
When i had ibasso dx220 I modified the amp8 and amp9 modules with the fidelizer mod. Rally enjoyed amp8 with his mod. Stock amp8 had a similar sonic signature to amp12.

I would like to know the changes in sound signature of the different mods. I think that amp12 sounds great but maybe too flat.
I would like it to gain some extra punch and a more organic sound without losing treble extension or too much scene.

Best Regards.
I have modified amp12EXN. I dont think it has extra punch but everything else is a significant step up. Its cleaner, smoother, has more extended bass and sounds more organic overall. It also has slightly bigger staging- more space due to the cleaner and smoother trebles and more airy mids. Better holography too. Battery life is the same as with a stock one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back