iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 14, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #11,986 of 14,593
All that electronics is just to give you a string of 0s and 1s at a certain speed. There's no more. Just 0s and 1s.
All SD will give the same string of 0s and 1s for the same file. If not, the file simply won't work.
Well there is more to it than that and the card in question is the best I have heard. It isn't just 1s and 0s, it is also how they are handled.

Apr 14, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #11,987 of 14,593
Well there is more to it than that and the card in question is the best I have heard. It isn't just 1s and 0s, it is also how they are handled.
No, it is just a string of 0s and 1s. It’s a digital file, just that.
How are the handled is then a problem for the DAP. But all SD cards will give the same file (string of 0s and 1s) to the DAP.

Apr 14, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #11,988 of 14,593
If you like the Timeless but think the bass is thumpy, your IEM is the Shuoer S12.
It is like the Timeless with a little more treble and a faster, more defined bass.
Thanks! But i think i will stay with the Timeless as i love its balance overall. I really like the bass on them, maybe my EXN gives them a good controll, its quite tight, punchy and deep. Actually everything is breathtaking to be honest. Its a level of engagement i havent experienced for a long long time. Im in the music, the vocalists sing only for me. Its a very captivating type of presentation but still i can listen to it for long hours.

Apr 14, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #11,989 of 14,593
Thanks! But i think i will stay with the Timeless as i love its balance overall. I really like the bass on them, maybe my EXN gives them a good controll, its quite tight, punchy and deep. Actually everything is breathtaking to be honest. Its a level of engagement i havent experienced for a long long time. Im in the music, the vocalists sing only for me. Its a very captivating type of presentation but still i can listen to it for long hours.
I think a like the Timeless more than the S12 too. I said that to jamato because of his comment before.

Apr 14, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #11,990 of 14,593
Whats great about them is the fact that they do THINGS completely effortless. Seems like its nothing for them, no special effects, no artificial bass boost, no treble boost. Its just so natural in presentation that its hard to find the words. And the dx300 gives them so much juice- they sing!

Apr 14, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #11,991 of 14,593
No, it is just a string of 0s and 1s. It’s a digital file, just that.
How are the handled is then a problem for the DAP. But all SD cards will give the same file (string of 0s and 1s) to the DAP.
I just looked at your ranking list of IEMs. The Isas are also at the top of my list, I like them much better than the UM Mest MK II. But the Isas have had competition. I like the Tender 1 even better. And that on amp 11.1 !! I'm lucky, I'll get my amp 12 modification back by the weekend. Let's see how it sounds then. But I can warmly recommend the Isas and also the Tender 1 to every DX 300 owner.

Apr 14, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #11,992 of 14,593
I just looked at your ranking list of IEMs. The Isas are also at the top of my list, I like them much better than the UM Mest MK II. But the Isas have had competition. I like the Tender 1 even better. And that on amp 11.1 !! I'm lucky, I'll get my amp 12 modification back by the weekend. Let's see how it sounds then. But I can warmly recommend the Isas and also the Tender 1 to every DX 300 owner.
Try Timeless, you will not regret! And they are cheap. Some people buy 2 pairs after trying them. Im thinking about it too.

Apr 14, 2022 at 2:42 AM Post #11,993 of 14,593
Try Timeless, you will not regret! And they are cheap. Some people buy 2 pairs after trying them. Im thinking about it too.
I've read good and not so good. Our friend Samandhi bought it. And what he had reported didn't sound so euphoric. And I didn't like the thing with the somewhat spongy bass at all. So I chose the Dethonray Tender 1. And I don't think it was a mistake. The amp 11. 1 is known for the fact that it reproduces a woolly bass. That's why I actually thought when I burned in the tender and listened intensively after almost 200 hours that it wouldn't tear me off my stool. But wrong, it's the former IEMs that even deliver a very good sound performance on the amp 11.1. Tight bass, very good mids that sound lively and analog, on a par with Isa. The heights are very soft and detailed. No hissing or any disturbing or annoying sounds, even at very high volumes. Now I'm as excited as the tender with amp 12 blades. Even more power, more dynamic I think. The fit of the Tender 1 is outstanding as is the build quality. The cable is also excellent. But everyone has their own taste and opinion. But each of the sound of the. Isas mag will be even happier with the Tender 1

Apr 14, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #11,994 of 14,593
I've read good and not so good. Our friend Samandhi bought it. And what he had reported didn't sound so euphoric. And I didn't like the thing with the somewhat spongy bass at all. So I chose the Dethonray Tender 1. And I don't think it was a mistake. The amp 11. 1 is known for the fact that it reproduces a woolly bass. That's why I actually thought when I burned in the tender and listened intensively after almost 200 hours that it wouldn't tear me off my stool. But wrong, it's the former IEMs that even deliver a very good sound performance on the amp 11.1. Tight bass, very good mids that sound lively and analog, on a par with Isa. The heights are very soft and detailed. No hissing or any disturbing or annoying sounds, even at very high volumes. Now I'm as excited as the tender with amp 12 blades. Even more power, more dynamic I think. The fit of the Tender 1 is outstanding as is the build quality. The cable is also excellent. But everyone has their own taste and opinion. But each of the sound of the. Isas mag will be even happier with the Tender 1
I get your point. But don't forget that the Tender is nowhere near to the Timeless tuning wise. It actually measures quite badly. Plus u will get your modified amp 12 which will have much better controll over bass and better dynamics. I dare to blindly shoot that the Timeless is a way better planar iem than the Tender. And it's 3 times cheaper:)

Apr 14, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #11,995 of 14,593
I have seen the Tender 1 graph, definitely not my thing.

Apr 14, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #11,996 of 14,593
I have seen the Tender 1 graph, definitely not my thing.
To be honest, I can't understand these graphic measurements. Something must have gone wrong. That's why I had my doubts for a long time. But in the Dethonray Tender 1 thread I got opinions from some users and then I decided to give it a try. And if I use the enclosed tips, the overall signature is still too light for me. With Xelastec tips it is exactly right. Bass and mids become fuller. So I think they sound really good. These are the only IEMs I can listen to for 10 hours uninterrupted. I don't even have to take them out in between because I don't even notice them. And the sound experience is fantastic for my ears.

Apr 14, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #11,997 of 14,593
I get your point. But don't forget that the Tender is nowhere near to the Timeless tuning wise. It actually measures quite badly. Plus u will get your modified amp 12 which will have much better controll over bass and better dynamics. I dare to blindly shoot that the Timeless is a way better planar iem than the Tender. And it's 3 times cheaper:)
Where did you buy the timeless? Did they charge customs? I've been thinking about buying one for a long time...

Apr 14, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #11,998 of 14,593
Apr 14, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #11,999 of 14,593
Aliexpress, Spanish IVA included :wink:
But did you pay customs? Because the seller deducts €40 from VAT on the purchase and gives me €179 but he says that he will declare €20...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back