iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 14, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #9,377 of 14,596
May I ask what kind of cables do I need If I want to use DX300 as my source as well as DAC? I would like to connect it straight to my integrated amp via DX300 coaxial port. I'm using Rogue Audio Cronus II. Below attached with an image of the connectors available at the back of my Cronus Magnum II.
cronus2inputs.jpg

Is it coaxial to RCA cables? how does it look like though.

Dec 14, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #9,378 of 14,596
May I ask what kind of cables do I need If I want to use DX300 as my source as well as DAC? I would like to connect it straight to my integrated amp via DX300 coaxial port. I'm using Rogue Audio Cronus II. Below attached with an image of the connectors available at the back of my Cronus Magnum II.
cronus2inputs.jpg

Is it coaxial to RCA cables? how does it look like though.
You only have rca input , you need that amp11 and 3.5mm to rca out

Dec 14, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #9,379 of 14,596
You only have rca input , you need that amp11 and 3.5mm to rca out
Is there such a thing as coaxial to rca out since there is a coaxial port on the dx300 or it doesn't work like that. Sorry, I'm not so good with this stuff.
If 3.5mm to rca out is the only option then I'll start hunting for the cable. If I were to order amp12, does it mean I have to buy 4.4mm to rca out?

Dec 14, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #9,382 of 14,596
Is there such a thing as coaxial to rca out since there is a coaxial port on the dx300 or it doesn't work like that. Sorry, I'm not so good with this stuff.
If 3.5mm to rca out is the only option then I'll start hunting for the cable. If I were to order amp12, does it mean I have to buy 4.4mm to rca out?
Coax is digital, you can’t use it that way.

Amp12, you will need Ibasso dongle, and adapter, and extensions.....or you go with transformer balanced as @cat6man is doing
absolutely. in my car system, i use the amp12 LO into a Jensen PO-2XR which takes balanced in (XLR) and provides unbalanced out (RCA).
i have it wired up in the car now, though i have not yet installed/hidden the extra hardware required to convert the balanced LO (see photo).
the balanced out LO is really much better sounding and worth the effort.

isomaxPO2xr-dx300.jpg

Dec 14, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #9,387 of 14,596
Do SE and BAL need separate burn-in?
I bought DX300 w/AMP11MK2 and currently it's slightly less resolving on 4.4 than my W2 though previous owner told me that he was listening only to SE.
Btw, any important initial setup suggestions?)
First impressions, long story short: I'm in love :)

It's interesting how different is the listening experience and pairings with DX311 compared to W2: my beloved modded 3DT doesn't sound that great with this DAP regardless of cabling/tips but ol' good and long forgotten Z5 suddenly shine with NOS and copper cable. These ugly boys are still overly warm but sound truly grand and at scale when fed with a proper current on high gain, especially with 90-00's pop: such a guilty pleasure :)

I'd be really grateful if you could recommend a great IEM pairing to DX311MK2 under $500 used which is both musical and revealing, having good natural timbre: currently considering Simphonio RX10 which are sold for just $400 at local classifieds. Isas, Volt or Land were my first thoughts though these are very rarely seen locally unfortunately.

Dec 14, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #9,388 of 14,596
First impressions, long story short: I'm in love :)

It's interesting how different is the listening experience and pairings with DX311 compared to W2: my beloved modded 3DT doesn't sound that great with this DAP regardless of cabling/tips but ol' good and long forgotten Z5 suddenly shine with NOS and copper cable. These ugly boys are still overly warm but sound truly grand and at scale when fed with a proper current on high gain, especially with 90-00's pop: such a guilty pleasure :)

I'd be really grateful if you could recommend a great IEM pairing to DX311MK2 under $500 used which is both musical and revealing, having good natural timbre: currently considering Simphonio RX10 which are sold for just $400 at local classifieds. Isas, Volt or Land were my first thoughts though these are very rarely seen locally unfortunately.
Definitely Isabellae.
Musicteck does not send them to Russia?

Dec 14, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #9,389 of 14,596
Definitely Isabellae.
Musicteck does not send them to Russia?
Nope, and even if they did it would cost me well above $800 including postal and customs fees.

Dec 14, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #9,390 of 14,596

Users who are viewing this thread

Back