iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 12, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #9,271 of 14,598
I've spent the last week comparing all of my IEMs. No special ones. Fiio Fa 9, CA Dorado 2020, UM Mest MK II, Oriolus Isabellea and iBasso IT 07. Everything with the DX 312. They all sound good. There isn't much to disagree with. But for my taste there are only 2 that I really like. For me, headphones are only good if they have the right timbre, the sweet feeling of seducing me with bobbing my feet or the feeling that I want to dance now! only manage 2. The Isa and IT 07. Optimal synergy with the 312. Try it out guys. You won't be disappointed. PS. The Mest is great but it doesn't give me the cool feeling like the other two. :L3000::beyersmile::beyersmile:

Dec 12, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #9,272 of 14,598
I've spent the last week comparing all of my IEMs. No special ones. Fiio Fa 9, CA Dorado 2020, UM Mest MK II, Oriolus Isabellea and iBasso IT 07. Everything with the DX 312. They all sound good. There isn't much to disagree with. But for my taste there are only 2 that I really like. For me, headphones are only good if they have the right timbre, the sweet feeling of seducing me with bobbing my feet or the feeling that I want to dance now! only manage 2. The Isa and IT 07. Optimal synergy with the 312. Try it out guys. You won't be disappointed. PS. The Mest is great but it doesn't give me the cool feeling like the other two. :L3000::beyersmile::beyersmile:
Isnt the IT07 too bright or too intensive? Does it callm down these expansive mids of the dx300 a bit? Still considering this iems.

Dec 12, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #9,273 of 14,598
I love the Isabellae.
But I have tried the IT07 and I really prefer the Mest over it by a lot.

Maybe you would like the Timeless. It sounds like the Isabellae but warmer and softer.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #9,274 of 14,598
Isnt the IT07 too bright or too intensive? Does it callm down these expansive mids of the dx300 a bit? Still considering this iems.
It depends, for me, on the tips. I use the tips that form to the ear canal by the heat of the body. I find them excellent with these tips and better than my JH customs, which is good and bad, since I paid a lot for the customs and still enjoy them but the IT07 really hit the right points, being natural and musical.

Dec 12, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #9,275 of 14,598
It depends, for me, on the tips. I use the tips that form to the ear canal by the heat of the body. I find them excellent with these tips and better than my JH customs, which is good and bad, since I paid a lot for the customs and still enjoy them but the IT07 really hit the right points, being natural and musical.
What type of music are you mainly listening to?

Dec 12, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #9,276 of 14,598
No, don't overhaul. The IT 07 are exactly right. Everything fits after 200 hours. Really cool. The Fiio LC-RE cable fits very well. Will cancel my cable what I ordered from SA if it still works. The IT 07 are perfect with DX 312.

Dec 12, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #9,277 of 14,598
What type of music are you mainly listening to?
I listen to most everything. Metal, classical, rock, hard rock, jazz, a lot of blues, reggae. I use the purple cable from ibasso, which ever one that is.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #9,278 of 14,598
No, don't overhaul. The IT 07 are exactly right. Everything fits after 200 hours. Really cool. The Fiio LC-RE cable fits very well. Will cancel my cable what I ordered from SA if it still works. The IT 07 are perfect with DX 312.
How about headphones? I am wondering how dx300 will sound with my Focal Clear, Audeze-X and sennheiser hd650. Does it have a good synergy with these?

Dec 12, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #9,279 of 14,598
I think you mean the Sedna Xelastec? I like it best in connection with the Fiio LC-RE cable. Tried everything Spinfit, Final Audio E, Whirlwind and others.

Dec 12, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #9,280 of 14,598
How about headphones? I am wondering how dx300 will sound with my Focal Clear, Audeze-X and sennheiser hd650. Does it have a good synergy with these?
Ive tried the dx312 with hd660s and it wasnt anything special. I mean it was correct in every regard, sounded like a good stationary rig but no excitement for me. I think the 660s paired with the amp12 is just too correct. Will try the amp11.2 with them soon.

Dec 12, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #9,281 of 14,598
I only have the Focal Celestee. And the sound is ****ing great with iBasso CB 17 cables and Dekoni Limitid Edition Stellia Earpads. Works also great with Clear my friend told me.

Dec 12, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #9,282 of 14,598
I only have the Focal Celestee. And the sound is ****ing great with iBasso CB 17 cables and Dekoni Limitid Edition Stellia Earpads. Works also great with Clear my friend told me.
I see a good deal for the celestee- can get them for 660 euros from the shop. Almost pulled the triger on them but.. according to the reviews they have ONLY one weakness- the stage. Its one of the smallest soundstages on the market. Is that true?

Dec 12, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #9,283 of 14,598
I see a good deal for the celestee- can get them for 660 euros from the shop. Almost pulled the triger on them but.. according to the reviews they have ONLY one weakness- the stage. Its one of the smallest soundstages on the market. Is that true?
I can tell only that my focal clear has not very wide sound stage, but they sound so dynamic and attractive with awesome level of details and inclusive sound that I even like them better for sound signature than Focal Utopia personally. I have compared them both and Focal Clear won for me personally, I love them so much with dynamic Rock, Pop and Jazz...the sound is the most dynamic and energetic ever that I have heard from any headphones personally.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #9,284 of 14,598
So that iBasso makes really good sound for good money, we all gradually know. After I was so enthusiastic about the sound of the IT 07 I tried to try out the SR 2, which is supposed to go well with the DX 312. But next I'll test Hifiman. Thought of Anara, never heard of Planar. Tips guys ??

Dec 12, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #9,285 of 14,598
Humm. What kind of source did they test with? I don't think the sound stage is that small with the 312. And quite neat for a closed headphone. But Focal is also not known for huge, unnatural sound stages like the Sennheiser 8XX. But I don't miss anything because somehow everything is right in the combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back