iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 24, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #722 of 14,618
it can’t come soon enough !!! 4X Cirrus Logic Flagship OMG (my mind is blown)
If sony doesn't show anything wow this CES 2021, I think I'll buy a dx300. But the android would be a waste as I don't use streaming services, my 60300 track 3400 album library is enough (150 days listening time lol, 1.3699TB)

Dec 24, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #723 of 14,618
If sony doesn't show anything wow this CES 2021, I think I'll buy a dx300. But the android would be a waste as I don't use streaming services, my 60300 track 3400 album library is enough (150 days listening time lol, 1.3699TB)
You can buy a cheap dx160 to try out if you like this DAC-IC in Ibasso tuning. The Dx300 comes with MangoOS and that is Linux based just like Walkman. I have seen Walkman lovers being frustrated with Sony because they are so quiet at their stuff, but just so all of you should realize, the Walkman has a very different presentations and House signatures VS Ibasso. The closest to Walkman house sound would have to be Shanling, and then Cayin, but that is pretty much it, and even so, Walkman still has it very own uniqueness.

It is not that I try to discourage people from joining in the fun, but I should head up to people, so they know what to expect

Then again, I am all with every enthusiasts that as long as it peaks your interests, you should try it out. In this case, at least there is a lower tier of the same chips being used in a different implementation, and that is Dx160. It is available and much cheaper to try out

Also worth it to mention, neither dx160 nor Shanling/Cayin having anything like Walkman OS or Mango OS. The dx160 May have MangoOS if you follow @Lurker0 and his mod

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #724 of 14,618
20201224 iBasso DX300 Memo.jpeg

Google Translate :
One minute after iBasso Audio was on stage, and years of performance under the stage-the behind-the-scenes story of DX300 More than two years ago, we started with Samsung's 8890 platform and got in touch with Qualcomm's 660 platform. In view of the significant advantages possessed by the latter, we naturally made a break with the former. The new generation of platforms is destined to be an extraordinary journey! We cannot easily define what kind of player is the best portable player. But we can at least define what kind of player is the best in a certain direction. DX300, we have positioned it as a flagship player with strong sound and comprehensive quality of operation. The goal at the beginning of the project was not only to win in the present, but to maintain the level of wood Xiu Yulin for a long time in the future. . Qualcomm 660 is the main control of the system, making it a modern player with smooth and powerful functions. But obviously the HIF player is not a mobile phone, and only relying on a SOC chip to make the system smooth does not satisfy us. Fast enough is only an improvement in the system experience, and will not directly bring about an improvement in sound. The multi-process and SRC of the Android player are destined to be not a tangled master. The SRC problem has already been solved on DX100. In a twinkling of an eye, 1989 has passed, and long-term hard work has also brought forth the flowers of the wild. FPGA-Master, as the audio master, is independent from the system SOC and controls all audio data and clocks globally. The accuracy and stability of audio data are destined to be even more extraordinary. The above mentioned dual control. As for electricity, we have made a very bold innovation on Max. Max's sound level has been heard by fans all over the world, and its reputation has exceeded our expectations. Digital-analog separation power supply is an important part of its outstanding performance. We applied for a patent and applied it to DX300. If you ask me which power architecture is better for DX220Max or DX300, the answer is definitely DX220Max. The DX220Max is slanting forward, and its large size is inevitable. It is suitable for audiophiles who pursue the ultimate sense of hearing. However, the dual-electric architecture is destined to be the power supply of the DX300. The dual control and dual power of DX300 can be said to be a very significant evolution for the player. System control and audio control are separated, and digital power supply and analog power supply are separated. The structure is clear, and the sound has a good foundation. The rest of the tuning will come naturally. The choice of DAC is the top priority. In terms of the commonality of DAC, the ESS series focuses on analysis and lines, while AKM's chips tend to balance the atmosphere, while Cirrus Logic's CS series is known for its emotionally rich and abundant sound performance. If good sound can be made with a top DAC chip, then our industry is too simple. It takes a lot of time to explore and tame a DAC chip well. It depends on the indicators and the sound quality is adjusted well. Since June last year, we have decided to use the flagship CS43198 of the CS platform. The main reason is that we like the sound of CS43198. I used the old flagship CS4398 to listen to Huang's "Broad Sea and Sky", and the rich throat resonance and smooth emotions are still in my ears. However, Lian is quite old, the new CS43198 provides more powerful decoding capabilities and higher quality indicators, and the dynamic range of -130dB is not inferior to other flagships. After listening to a song "Broad Sea and Sky" with DX300, it was full of memories. I can't find that taste on other DAC chips. More behind the scenes, I won’t repeat them. The final presentation is wonderful, you will wait and see. Christmas is coming, I wish all fans a happy holiday! -Ibasso Gou Chaohui December 24, 2020.

:slight_smile:

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #727 of 14,618
20201224 iBasso DX300 Memo.jpeg
Google Translate :
One minute after iBasso Audio was on stage, and years of performance under the stage-the behind-the-scenes story of DX300 More than two years ago, we started with Samsung's 8890 platform and got in touch with Qualcomm's 660 platform. In view of the significant advantages possessed by the latter, we naturally made a break with the former. The new generation of platforms is destined to be an extraordinary journey! We cannot easily define what kind of player is the best portable player. But we can at least define what kind of player is the best in a certain direction. DX300, we have positioned it as a flagship player with strong sound and comprehensive quality of operation. The goal at the beginning of the project was not only to win in the present, but to maintain the level of wood Xiu Yulin for a long time in the future. . Qualcomm 660 is the main control of the system, making it a modern player with smooth and powerful functions. But obviously the HIF player is not a mobile phone, and only relying on a SOC chip to make the system smooth does not satisfy us. Fast enough is only an improvement in the system experience, and will not directly bring about an improvement in sound. The multi-process and SRC of the Android player are destined to be not a tangled master. The SRC problem has already been solved on DX100. In a twinkling of an eye, 1989 has passed, and long-term hard work has also brought forth the flowers of the wild. FPGA-Master, as the audio master, is independent from the system SOC and controls all audio data and clocks globally. The accuracy and stability of audio data are destined to be even more extraordinary. The above mentioned dual control. As for electricity, we have made a very bold innovation on Max. Max's sound level has been heard by fans all over the world, and its reputation has exceeded our expectations. Digital-analog separation power supply is an important part of its outstanding performance. We applied for a patent and applied it to DX300. If you ask me which power architecture is better for DX220Max or DX300, the answer is definitely DX220Max. The DX220Max is slanting forward, and its large size is inevitable. It is suitable for audiophiles who pursue the ultimate sense of hearing. However, the dual-electric architecture is destined to be the power supply of the DX300. The dual control and dual power of DX300 can be said to be a very significant evolution for the player. System control and audio control are separated, and digital power supply and analog power supply are separated. The structure is clear, and the sound has a good foundation. The rest of the tuning will come naturally. The choice of DAC is the top priority. In terms of the commonality of DAC, the ESS series focuses on analysis and lines, while AKM's chips tend to balance the atmosphere, while Cirrus Logic's CS series is known for its emotionally rich and abundant sound performance. If good sound can be made with a top DAC chip, then our industry is too simple. It takes a lot of time to explore and tame a DAC chip well. It depends on the indicators and the sound quality is adjusted well. Since June last year, we have decided to use the flagship CS43198 of the CS platform. The main reason is that we like the sound of CS43198. I used the old flagship CS4398 to listen to Huang's "Broad Sea and Sky", and the rich throat resonance and smooth emotions are still in my ears. However, Lian is quite old, the new CS43198 provides more powerful decoding capabilities and higher quality indicators, and the dynamic range of -130dB is not inferior to other flagships. After listening to a song "Broad Sea and Sky" with DX300, it was full of memories. I can't find that taste on other DAC chips. More behind the scenes, I won’t repeat them. The final presentation is wonderful, you will wait and see. Christmas is coming, I wish all fans a happy holiday! -Ibasso Gou Chaohui December 24, 2020.

:slight_smile:
I have no doubt about Dx300 to have better power supply. IMO, the Max was just Maximized but was used on the older platform. The Power controls were designed to be from one battery. Ibasso just cut off the section for amp, and provide external Rails with supplies toward the amp. The Amp has a real dedicated power, but the DAC still has a shared power architecture from the older Dx220. However, the improved cross talk and separation and soundstage could obviously been observed. This was one main reason why the Max did not really stand ground against the DMP-Z1 in Soundstage presentations

Now I am super duper excited to see this being implemented on a much smaller device, on top of everything else. This is going to be Awesome !

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #728 of 14,618
DX160 is a marvel of a DAP and the best value for money I ever had in a DAP. The SQ is just really amazing and the tuning I prefer over DX220 although modules sure add a twist.

I love that DX300 is going to pave the way for an alternative to the all dominating ESS and AKM chips, and that this alternative is Cirrus.

This adds to the DX300 uniqueness and iBasso on the market... think of it, FPGA, dual batteries and separate circuit like the Max, Quad DAC all combined into a slim form factor with a huge screen and all this retaining the modular design of DX2xx!

I say to the naysayers, reflect on this a little while before judging, I think we have a very strong contender here and I am buying one as soon as it gets out!

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #729 of 14,618
DX160 is a marvel of a DAP and the best value for money I ever had in a DAP. The SQ is just really amazing and the tuning I prefer over DX220 although modules sure add a twist.

I love that DX300 is going to pave the way for an alternative to the all dominating ESS and AKM chips, and that this alternative is Cirrus.

This adds to the DX300 uniqueness and iBasso on the market... think of it, FPGA, dual batteries and separate circuit like the Max, Quad DAC all combined into a slim form factor with a huge screen and all this retaining the modular design of DX2xx!

I say to the naysayer, reflect on this a little while before judging, I think we have a very strong contender here and I am buying one as soon as it gets out!
I will be honest here, the moment Dx160 came to my attentions, I was left speechless of how well the pitch and timbres were being presented. The only thing I could complain about was the Metallic sparkling of the upper extensions. It seems to be toned down to eliminate harshness, noises, sibilants, the typical stuff from minimalist designs of power supply. On top of that, the coupling and decoupling inside the Dx160 was also very minimal. I know the latest NOS filters did have some hiss due to all of the above. I knew it, and thought that Ibasso could have brought this chip to be a much more wonderful design. I have honestly been thinking all along that they should do it, and dreamed of it.

One thing for sure is that dx160 punched above it pricing

Voila! Thanks Ibasso! Thanks Santa :D. I really didn’t expect modular amp! So Thanks Santa round 2 **

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #730 of 14,618
Now we just need a release date and a difficult conversation with the bank :laughing:

Dec 24, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #733 of 14,618
I think only Chinese customer can get that discount condition. For other countries likes us, we would get full price of the international price which may be higher than China price.

Dec 24, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #734 of 14,618
I think only Chinese customer can get that discount condition. For other countries likes us, we would get full price of the international price which may be higher than China price.
You are right ! It seem we may need to wait until next year to start seeing stock ? If presale isn’t 25th then January is reasonable for stocking right ?

Dec 24, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #735 of 14,618
Cirrus logic = iPod = bad sound quality

Know The History (not just your biases)

Crap on iPods and Cirrus Logic all you want but it were not for these initial steps with iPod Classic and iPod Touch with Wolfson and Cirrus Logic dac chip popularity and innovations (design, Os, interlaced storage space) all “Linux based” daps would have not come to market or with much success...including firmware mods sites like Rockbox.

The Dap chip makes up only about 5% of the sound. How if is implemented makes all the difference.

FYI: Sony Walkman no dap chip, lower power output for audiophiles standards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back