iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 23, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #691 of 14,618
The knob looks like a wheel of a soapbox or gravity racer.

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #693 of 14,618
I think this volume knob will fit better with a case that may/will come with the player ? Since most of the time it does

THIS! Likewise, I have a feeling this has to do with a design of a case which I'm sure will come stock. Big DAPs need a case for a better grip.

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #694 of 14,618
There was a already a video that showed this volume knob so it’s not a real “surprise” but love that this has now become pages long controversy. This will take at least 5 pages for everyone to comment on. At this rate 299 page shows by January 21st is within our range of possibilities....keeping in mind that’s fpga hasn’t been announced and nor has The dap chip. OH and internal storage. Haha

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #695 of 14,618
Not only that but they combined the volume wheel with the on/off function... Why in the world would that decision be made? Volume adjustments can be frequent whereas on/off is probably once a day or so.

Also noticed in the video that they have not added the fast alpha skip forward/backward menu navigation - shame, shame, shame on you iBasso.

So far I am not seeing anything to warrant a move from the DX228EX - which continues to amaze in the sound department.

Cheers,
Tim

Dec 23, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #696 of 14,618
Not only that but they combined the volume wheel with the on/off function... Why in the world would that decision be made? Volume adjustments can be frequent whereas on/off is probably once a day or so.

Also noticed in the video that they have not added the fast alpha skip forward/backward menu navigation - shame, shame, shame on you iBasso.

So far I am not seeing anything to warrant a move from the DX228EX - which continues to amaze in the sound department.

Cheers,
Tim

On/off function is not only for the power but also for the screen on/off. I find it very convenient in other DAPs to use a thumb to turn the screen on and change the volume right away, a plus when dealing with larger size DAPs.

Dec 23, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #699 of 14,618
Aren't protuberant volume wheels a hearing damage hazard? I've read stories of some AK DAP's owners accidentally turning up volume to unsafe levels while dropping or picking up these DAPS from their pockets. Does iBasso use a safety mechanism in their DAP's volume wheels to prevent that?

Dec 23, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #700 of 14,618
Aren't protuberant volume wheels a hearing damage hazard? I've read stories of some AK DAP's owners accidentally turning up volume to unsafe levels while dropping or picking up these DAPS from their pockets. Does iBasso use a safety mechanism in their DAP's volume wheels to prevent that?
Yes. you can disable the volume wheel when the screen is locked.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #702 of 14,618
Dec 23, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #703 of 14,618
Should try everything out as soon as it peaks your curiosity :D, and that is how my pocket is draining empty

I finally received my 4.4 cable, and was able to plug my Whitgir Signature amp up, oh my, damn, if I win the lottery I'm starting a DAP company and putting you in charge of engineering!!!! My Solaras never, ever sounded so good, huge soundstage, and pitch blackness between the notes.

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #704 of 14,618
That knob is pretty ugly. I don't like the combined power and volume knob. I am happy they kept the swappable amps.

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, I think it's beautiful, reminds me of a fine watch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back