iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 23, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #6,722 of 14,593
After putting the Amp12 down for a bit and using the amp11mark2

i have gone back to the PO of the amp12 and it seems to have opened up,
After getting more hours on it. Its more balanced than before and quieter.

@jamato8 - what burn in hour sweet spot should i be aiming for?
I found that after 250 hours things evened out. It was a longer burn in that expected but worth it. By 300 hours, you should be good to go.

Jun 23, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #6,723 of 14,593
I have a question: do many of you guys use dynamic Iems? I use beyerdynamic Xelento and find a sound not perfectly balanced. Its like trebles, upper mids and mids are well textured but from mid bass to bass and sub it's way softer and it lacks a little bit of an edge. I know I'm nitpicking here and it could be a matter of synergy. I'm actually overwhelmed by the dynamics and a soundstage tho.
Ok nevermind. I changed the tips to the smaller ones and it's better. Forget it.

Jun 23, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #6,724 of 14,593
Anyone here have Solaris 2020 IEM and can give impressions for use with the PO of the AMP 12?

Jun 23, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #6,726 of 14,593
I found that after 250 hours things evened out. It was a longer burn in that expected but worth it. By 300 hours, you should be good to go.
thanks for the reply.

It seems that way (as you say) after further burn in.

i will aim for 250 to 300 then.

my earlier recessed mids assessment may have been premature i think.

The minor earlier waterfall hiss is also much less too (with sensitive multi BAs)

7FB37F57-40AB-45A5-BF20-A5FF21394884.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #6,727 of 14,593
Would someone try out Apple Music (Beta) to see if it’s fully installing and launching and playing?

I can also confirm it works although the spatial audio doesn't as the DX doesn't appear to support Dolby Atmos.
However after trying the spatial audio on my mobile phone, your not missing much

Jun 24, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #6,728 of 14,593
Perhaps there is some misunderstanding, because Davy from UAPP told me today that they were still waiting for information from you (iBasso).

Please check with him, because if so, we may never see full UAPP support for the DX300 and that would be a real shame.
Well just got some clarification, for DSD will be fixed on prob couple of patch update, since there's other bug that prob more urgent.
MQA, that still cloud for the solution... Tbh I dont care about MQA.. but again my concern is for different matter also, IMO...
lets hope both can solve the matter ASAP... (still I dont care about MQA... lol.. Again my own opinion)

Jun 24, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #6,729 of 14,593
I think i found out whats wrong with my AMP12 and why it is draining so much battery:

Burned.jpg

@Paul - iBasso Im gonna contact the seller NT-Global about it!

NT-Global responded and gonna directly exchange it with a new one, top support!

Jun 24, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #6,730 of 14,593
NT-Global responded and gonna directly exchange it with a new one, top support!
Top support indeed!!!

I have been blowing my mind and having endless eargasm with Dx300/12

I am happy to report that now and more than ever!!! I am totally head over heels with Dx300.

This combination is such a killer

EX1K — FiiO LE-RC— Dx300/12 with Adapter MMCX-1K from Aliexpress

I love the Amp12 for it bass responses !!! Crazily vivid and dynamic, and Amp12 drives both ex1k/Z1R as well in the bass department. Yes, the bass in Z1R is more for sure, but ex1k bass can hardly be brought out this way, the way the Dx300/12 can bring. I would dare be saying that even the Cayin C9 doesn’t bring this kind of Bass quality and textures. However, due to the vastly differences between signature of PO to LO connecting toward the C9. I am always loving the capability of the Amp12, simply because it means if anyone is seeking for a different signatures, they can always modify and tune the Amp12 the ways they want, and also means that the Dx300 Main DAC is crazily capable with neutral signatures but yet not lacking any musicality or emotions if at all. Through all of my experiences up until now, the Dx300 and it DAC implementations with the Amp12 as a proof is the most engaging Portable source that I have ever heard, and while being musical, with references detail level retrieval’s.

Yes, that explains why I am loving the Dx300 so much now!!! Constantly on the go with this combination. Not the Max and not the C9 stack ! If I ever sold the C9, this would be the reason, and I am etching toward listing it soon !!

DSF/DSD flawlessly !!!

30919351-B8B2-409B-BFA1-582724B3D3FF.jpeg

Jun 24, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #6,731 of 14,593
Top support indeed!!!

I have been blowing my mind and having endless eargasm with Dx300/12

I am happy to report that now and more than ever!!! I am totally head over heels with Dx300.

This combination is such a killer

EX1K — FiiO LE-RC— Dx300/12 with Adapter MMCX-1K from Aliexpress

I love the Amp12 for it bass responses !!! Crazily vivid and dynamic, and Amp12 drives both ex1k/Z1R as well in the bass department. Yes, the bass in Z1R is more for sure, but ex1k bass can hardly be brought out this way, the way the Dx300/12 can bring. I would dare be saying that even the Cayin C9 doesn’t bring this kind of Bass quality and textures. However, due to the vastly differences between signature of PO to LO connecting toward the C9. I am always loving the capability of the Amp12, simply because it means if anyone is seeking for a different signatures, they can always modify and tune the Amp12 the ways they want, and also means that the Dx300 Main DAC is crazily capable with neutral signatures but yet not lacking any musicality or emotions if at all. Through all of my experiences up until now, the Dx300 and it DAC implementations with the Amp12 as a proof is the most engaging Portable source that I have ever heard, and while being musical, with references detail level retrieval’s.

Yes, that explains why I am loving the Dx300 so much now!!! Constantly on the go with this combination. Not the Max and not the C9 stack ! If I ever sold the C9, this would be the reason, and I am etching toward listing it soon !!

DSF/DSD flawlessly !!!

30919351-B8B2-409B-BFA1-582724B3D3FF.jpeg
Wait, this album exists as DSD, i could only buy it as 88.2/24 PCM?!
Or is it a vinyl rip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back