iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 20, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #6,661 of 14,593
I've been trying out apple music beta on both my dx300 and Samsung s21 ultra. On my Samsung phone I get the option to enable dolby atmos on the apple app however its not available on the dx300. Is this a hardware limitation? The beta builds are the same on devices

Jun 21, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #6,662 of 14,593
Hallo Leute, ich lese diesen Thread seit Ende Januar jeden Tag. Nun habe ich mich entschlossen mich zu registrieren. Also ich habe seit Anfang Februar den DX 300 mit dem Amp 11 MK1. Ich finde den Sound mit CA Dorado 2020 super. Bei meinem neuen UM Mest MK II gefällt es mir auch gut aber irgendwie steht die Mitte zu sehr im Vordergrund. Etwas ermüdend, vor allem bei längerem Hören. Ich überlege jetzt, mir den Amp 12 zu kaufen. Ich denke, das könnte gut zum Mest passen, nach dem, was ich hier gelesen habe. Hat jemand zufällig vom Mest MK II mit AMP 12 gehört? @ Twister 6 vielleicht?

Jun 21, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #6,663 of 14,593
Hi guys, I've been reading this thread every day since the end of January. Now I have decided to register myself. So I've had the DX 300 with the Amp 11 MK1 since the beginning of February. I think the sound with CA Dorado 2020 is great. With my new UM Mest MK II I also like it but somehow the middle is too much in the foreground. A bit tiring, especially when listening for a long time. I am now considering buying the Amp 12. I think that could fit in well with the Mest after what I've read here. Has anyone heard of the Mest MK II with AMP 12 by chance? @ Twister 6 maybe?

Jun 21, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #6,664 of 14,593
Back to the AMP11 MKII, the battery life doubled again and i get the same results as before switching to AMP12.
With AMP11 on low gain at 44 volume or medium gain at 40 volume via 4,4mm to my monarchs i get 14-15 hour battery life, while the battery drain is nearly even so 1-4% difference between analog and digital in the end.
With the AMP12 on the same settings, i get maximum 8 hours of analog battery life, while the digital still sits above 50%.

Jun 21, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #6,665 of 14,593
Back to the AMP11 MKII, the battery life doubled again and i get the same results as before switching to AMP12.
With AMP11 on low gain at 44 volume or medium gain at 40 volume via 4,4mm to my monarchs i get 14-15 hour battery life, while the battery drain is nearly even so 1-4% difference between analog and digital in the end.
With the AMP12 on the same settings, i get maximum 8 hours of analog battery life, while the digital still sits above 50%.
So personally for me the battery life of 8 hours would be sufficient if I get a significant improvement in sound with the Mest MK II. I'm thinking of even better basses that are more structured, clearer and more powerful like Amp 11 MKI. The mids are no longer in the foreground and even more fine details can be heard. And if the sound stage gets bigger, so much the better. Amp 11 MK II i never heard.But for me it would be great if ibasso brings out an amp card with only one 4.4 connection and only uses the creme de la creme. Capacitors, etc. Since I only have IEMS and hear.

Jun 21, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #6,666 of 14,593
For real ? My Amp12 is getting 16 hours as well, and I have been continuously burning it off the charger , over many nights :).
So personally for me the battery life of 8 hours would be sufficient if I get a significant improvement in sound with the Mest MK II. I'm thinking of even better basses that are more structured, clearer and more powerful like Amp 11 MKI. The mids are no longer in the foreground and even more fine details can be heard. And if the sound stage gets bigger, so much the better. Amp 11 MK II i never heard.But for me it would be great if ibasso brings out an amp card with only one 4.4 connection and only uses the creme de la creme. Capacitors, etc. Since I only have IEMS and hear.
no way does the Amp12 drain down to 8 hours, at least to what I know and is experiencing

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #6,668 of 14,593
For real ? My Amp12 is getting 16 hours as well, and I have been continuously burning it off the charger , over many nights :).

no way does the Amp12 drain down to 8 hours, at least to what I know and is experiencing
But this is happening to me with just: DX300 -> AMP12 -> DDHiFi DJ44AG -> Penon OSG -> ThieAudio Monarch

Same for me, about 30% left after 12h of burn in, vol 60, medium gain. Wifi turned off.
WiFi is also turned off for me and flight mode, so everything is the same as with the AMP11 MKII, but it is still happening.

Jun 21, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #6,670 of 14,593
Do you all have the problem with the analog battery life under Amp 12 ??? Ok i see not all have this problem. I hope in the next 2 weeks Amp 12 is available here in Vietnam. Then i will try it with my UM Mest MKII . Hope it is good. If not much better then i have a new case what fits better. :grinning::grinning::grinning:
Hi, I've read in some forums that amp MK I is warmer than MK II. Looking forward to your impressions of Amp 12. I was prepared to buy this amp but after mixed reviews of the questionable influence on Iems, I've decided to wait. I even bought a 4.4 to 2.5 mm adapter. Maybe there is another amp coming:) anyways I'm extremely happy with the sound with the Xelento. Maybe it was a bit too thick in lower mids and made me tired after longer listening sessions. Yesterday i switched tips to the smaller ones and the sound cleaned up in this region. Now the soundstage and the separation is fantastic, with the sound wraping around my head almost 360 degrees. Wow. I think the best balance with at least Amp 11 MK II you can get using Iems without an emphasis in lower mids. If yours have it, maybe the tips which make the sound brighter will help in this regard.

Jun 21, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #6,671 of 14,593
Hi Regatio, Yes MK 1 is warm sounding with a little character of a tube amp. I think that is the Problem for my Mest MK II is to warm for them.
With the Campfire Dorado 2020 is the sound great with Amp MK 1. But sure for EDM i like mor the Dorado with the Hiby R6 SS. The Bass punch harder.
About Xelento i can say nothing. But i had some years ago the AK T 8 ie and T8ie MKII in combination with the AK 240 SS. The sound was great, but im a Traveller and in Lima the roubed me everything from my Hostel room. crap happens

Jun 21, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #6,672 of 14,593
Hi Regatio, Yes MK 1 is warm sounding with a little character of a tube amp. I think that is the Problem for my Mest MK II is to warm for them.
With the Campfire Dorado 2020 is the sound great with Amp MK 1. But sure for EDM i like mor the Dorado with the Hiby R6 SS. The Bass punch harder.
About Xelento i can say nothing. But i had some years ago the AK T 8 ie and T8ie MKII in combination with the AK 240 SS. The sound was great, but im a Traveller and in Lima the roubed me everything from my Hostel room. crap happens
Damn, that's really unfortunate, sorry to hear that. Someone grabbed a great piece of gear. I have amp11 MK II and even this one was bit too warm with the xelentos with the tips i always used. Now is waaay better. I'm wondering how would ie900 sound with dx300. Some reviewers say that is quite polite so if it's true, it doesn't make the best match with dx300. Now I'm guessing that the best Iems would be the ones with brighter, punchier, harder hitting nature.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #6,674 of 14,593
I have read thru this forum and it is unclear to me about the DX300's ability to play dsf files? Can anyone tell me if it can play them, and if it plays them how good a job does it do of gapless play?
Thanks
The only problem I found with DSF files is that the player cannot read the "Year" tags compared to Flacs.

Jun 21, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #6,675 of 14,593
I've been trying out apple music beta on both my dx300 and Samsung s21 ultra. On my Samsung phone I get the option to enable dolby atmos on the apple app however its not available on the dx300. Is this a hardware limitation? The beta builds are the same on devices
I don't believe the dx300 plays Dolby Atmos.....happy to be corrected mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back