iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 27, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #5,716 of 14,593
I've got a long running issue maybe people can help with. As I understand it, Android has a native music library creator that reads the ID3 tags (in my case mp3 files) and many music player apps use this library. In my case it's as if there aren't any tags to my files - music player apps will tell me I have x number of tracks with unknown artist, unknown song title etc

I use Media Monkey to sync files from my media library to my DX300 - but I had the same issue with the DX220. I have to use a media player such as Neutron which creates its own library - but it still uses the ID3 tags, and it works.

When I use a tag editor on the device it can't read the existing tags and I've tried editing the tags on the PC and just copying them across in case it was MediaMonkey but the result is still the same. I'm stumped on this one. How does anyone else copy files across, and do you have similar issues?

thanks
Nick
Use MP3Tag, it tags anything tou throw at it and can remove conflicting tags like mp3 with ape tags

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #5,717 of 14,593
Use MP3Tag, it tags anything tou throw at it and can remove conflicting tags like mp3 with ape tags
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have used it and it makes no difference.
Nick

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #5,719 of 14,593
Try looking for corrupt s files. Using a tool like Audio tester
I've looked up audio tester but I can't see that it tests files - just tells you some parameters about the player. If the files were corrupt wouldn't you expect that they wouldn't play properly, which they all do?
Nick

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #5,720 of 14,593
20210427_144248.jpg
Been a while listening back to IEM...

just a HMMM exp pairing with DX300...
Tonality is warm sig overall, with mid bass puncy. Detail Rumble, Vocal recess, with treble consider roll off.
Technicality, Not a wide soundstage presentation, more on Height and Depth. No overlay, excellent separation, with Black background.

on Volume 36, mid Gain, Digital filter no.5, not easy to drive for IEM... to compare, SOLARIS OG, only Volume 7. My 320 Ohm Earbud, will be around 40 ish...
assuming I get the same loudness based on my own ear.
Again IMO...

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #5,723 of 14,593
Any tips or tricks to get the usb dac to connect to a tv or even Apple TV? Seems like it won’t connect to much, maybe this can be addressed in a firmware update. It’s a pretty cool feature.
I wished that the Bluetooth DAC support would be extended more.
I elaborated around that starting with DX220 Max but so far no manufacturer including Shanling seems to see that as a priority (it's actually a niche requirement for a DAP).
I.g. I have a Sony coundbar supporting LDAC transmitter function.
Would be great to receive that with a DAP but only device which is working is my cheap Qudelix 5k.
Same for my APT/X-LG-TVs.
Apple TV could eventually work using SBC (not so really audiophile).
Iphones and Macs are though fully supported with AAC / APT-X

So your USB-DAC-functionality doesn't sound realistic as I think there's no standard-interface/protocol for TVs / AppleTV devices which could be used.
Different story for PS4/5 as from what I have heard where manufactures are providing standard interfaces

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #5,724 of 14,593
I wished that the Bluetooth DAC support would be extended more.
I elaborated around that starting with DX220 Max but so far no manufacturer including Shanling seems to see that as a priority (it's actually a niche requirement for a DAP).
I.g. I have a Sony coundbar supporting LDAC transmitter function.
Would be great to receive that with a DAP but only device which is working is my cheap Qudelix 5k.
Same for my APT/X-LG-TVs.
Apple TV could eventually work using SBC (not so really audiophile).
Iphones and Macs are though fully supported with Mac / APT-X
Seems like a flaw that should be addressed. This is the only device I’ve had among countless Bluetooth devices that is this selective on what it will pair to. You would think it could be addressed in a firmware update pretty easily.

Apr 27, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #5,726 of 14,593
20210427_144248.jpg
Been a while listening back to IEM...

just a HMMM exp pairing with DX300...
Tonality is warm sig overall, with mid bass puncy. Detail Rumble, Vocal recess, with treble consider roll off.
Technicality, Not a wide soundstage presentation, more on Height and Depth. No overlay, excellent separation, with Black background.

on Volume 36, mid Gain, Digital filter no.5, not easy to drive for IEM... to compare, SOLARIS OG, only Volume 7. My 320 Ohm Earbud, will be around 40 ish...
assuming I get the same loudness based on my own ear.
Again IMO...
Am I crazy for using much higher volumes? I've got the Elysium with the DX300 and just tried your volume settings. They seem far too quiet to me... Is this where I learn that I'm experiencing hearing loss? I usually use high gain and volume at 50-60 for the Elysium...

Apr 27, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #5,727 of 14,593
Am I crazy for using much higher volumes? I've got the Elysium with the DX300 and just tried your volume settings. They seem far too quiet to me... Is this where I learn that I'm experiencing hearing loss? I usually use high gain and volume at 50-60 for the Elysium...
I was using the Tin P1's at 78-80% on high gain.....damn that set takes 💥💪

Apr 27, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #5,730 of 14,593
I was using the Tin P1's at 78-80% on high gain.....damn that set takes 💥💪

Still one of my favorite iems EQ'd . They have a crazy nice bass reverb effect off the dx300 when eq'd. (and bass is punchy!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back