iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 24, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #5,687 of 14,593
Apr 25, 2021 at 2:34 AM Post #5,689 of 14,593
@Paul - iBasso any plans on producing a Nutube module in the near future?

Could bring some more striking different signature to the ballpark to show the advantage of using modules in DX300 and doing so compete with other TOTL DAP flavors like e.g meaty M8 if one is in the mood for this.

Apr 25, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #5,691 of 14,593
Can dx 300 use usb out to external Dac ?
Of course, just use UAPP app to recognize the dac when it's connected via usb-c.

Apr 25, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #5,693 of 14,593
Spent almost 2 days going about trying to make MTP access and transfer work on MangoOS with my laptop. Tried all sorts of tricks (updating drivers, controllers, manual install). In the end I had to admit it just doesn't work as intended. Laptop recognizes DX300 as a driver and displays the internal card and storage ratio (taken to free). It also displays the contents of some folders okay (e.g. android apps). However, it fails to read and write files to the Music folder. When I transfer a folder from my laptop to Music, it transfers okay, most times, and, while transferring and, again, on completion of transfer, the folder can be read. But after disconnecting and then reconnecting via USB, MTP does not allow read and write of my folder in Music and sometimes displays its content as zero files (0 bytes), other times it crashes and disconnects (with MTP still "ON" in MangoOS).

Fortunately, the same problems are not replicated when on Android mode, which works as expected and allows read and write fine. For my purposes, which is listening mostly to locally stored music, this allows me to bypass the MTP problem with MangoOS. Yet, a problem it still remains, for IBasso have made kind of a meal advertising MTP with MangoOS as a new useful feature. I know MTP from Android to Windows has presented problems in the past to not a few users, but for a $1200 player, things like that should work out of the box, or at least be picked up and fixed at QC. It's a fairly basic feature, MTP has been around for long enough and is not as much dependent on regular changes to software by another company (like for instance Tidal, etc.). Otherwise this facility amounts pretty much to false advertising. Hope IBasso can fix this MangoOS problem with a firmware update (@Paul - iBasso FYI).

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #5,695 of 14,593
That is strange, are you using stock cables ? I have never had any problem write/read in MTP on MangoOS ?
Aye, stock cable, as provided in the box. At first I thought it may have been my laptop (although Windows 10 is fully updated) and tried it on my partners HP. Same thing. What's weird is that transferring a large folder (ca. 5000 files) was done okay (after one failure). I could see files transferred and then, when it was done, while still connected via MTP, I could read the contents of my folder under Music, no problem. The problem was after disconnecting and re-connecting. Then, no read or write of files on my folder at all (lots of crashes of File Explorer which would cause also DX300 to disappear from drive list, while MTP was still ON).

Apr 25, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #5,696 of 14,593
Aye, stock cable, as provided in the box. At first I thought it may have been my laptop (although Windows 10 is fully updated) and tried it on my partners HP. Same thing. What's weird is that transferring a large folder (ca. 5000 files) was done okay (after one failure). I could see files transferred and then, when it was done, while still connected via MTP, I could read the contents of my folder under Music, no problem. The problem was after disconnecting and re-connecting. Then, no read or write of files on my folder at all (lots of crashes of File Explorer which would cause also DX300 to disappear from drive list, while MTP was still ON).
Did you make sure that the MangoOS did not have auto sleep on ?

Apr 25, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #5,697 of 14,593
I've searched thru this thread a couple of times but see no answer, so I ask: Does the DX300 still charge while in USB DAC mode? I know other DAPs like M8 does but the DX160 doesn't.
It indicates it's charging but my usb porst can't provide enough current to really charge it. Maybe some usb c ports or a usb hub can provide the nexcessary current draw.

Apr 25, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #5,698 of 14,593
Can you switch it to UMSC? USB Mass Storage mode instead of crappy MTP?

Apr 25, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #5,699 of 14,593
Did you make sure that the MangoOS did not have auto sleep on ?
Both Sleep timer and Auto Power Off had been set to "Off". That was first thing I did, as my first time trying to transfer a folder it was cut off at about 20 mins, which made me realized "OFF" was not the default setting out of the box. I wondered if it was the stock cable, as you'd suggested, but then why would it be selective as to what it reads? I mean, the device appears fine as an ADB interface link, the Internal Drive is there with the correct size and all the folders show. Then you display the contents in Music and it shows my folder, no problem. But if you try to read the folder's properties, it shows 0 bytes and then the thing disconnects. If you try to go into the folder to read/write on its contents, it shows 0 files. A faulty cable would prevent data from transferring right from the start, wouldn't it?

Another thing, what's the OS on your computer? Is it Win 10?

Can you switch it to UMSC? USB Mass Storage mode instead of crappy MTP?
Thanks, but can't see any option to do so on MangoOS. Wish I could do so, cause my PD2 worked on UMSC just fine for read and write.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #5,700 of 14,593
@Paul - iBasso any plans on producing a Nutube module in the near future?

Could bring some more striking different signature to the ballpark to show the advantage of using modules in DX300 and doing so compete with other TOTL DAP flavors like e.g meaty M8 if one is in the mood for this.
Actually I am more interested if there is space for 2 vacuum tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back