iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 4, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #5,221 of 14,593
According to search there are no posts here relating to Android File Transfer/AFT and transferring music files.
Can people confirm that the DX300 and its SD card can mount as drives in the Mac OS Finder?

I'm using an M11Pro, and while I otherwise love it, I am completely done using AFT and want to remove its 1990s shittiness from my life forever.

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #5,222 of 14,593
According to search there are no posts here relating to Android File Transfer/AFT and transferring music files.
Can people confirm that the DX300 and its SD card can mount as drives in the Mac OS Finder?

I'm using an M11Pro, and while I otherwise love it, I am completely done using AFT and want to remove its 1990s shittiness from my life forever.
I am afraid you still need to use AFT as for any Android device I had in my hands so far

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #5,223 of 14,593

I have a Mac and of course you need to use AFT but for an SD card, no matter the player, I always use a card reader. I find it easier, faster and just plain convenient.

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #5,224 of 14,593
So the good news is, no, you do not have to use AFT.

I found OpenMTP. I just transferred a few GBs of flac files from my Catalina Mac to my FiiO M11Pro - both internal and SD - quickly, smoothly, crashlessly. It almost seems like the 21st century with this thing!

It's free and open-source. It's described as some developer's answer to 'hopelessly outdated' AFT and its freezes and crashes. And it works with 64-bit Mac OS, at least in my case.

Hope it works for you guys.

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #5,225 of 14,593
So the good news is, no, you do not have to use AFT.

I found OpenMTP. I just transferred a few GBs of flac files from my Catalina Mac to my FiiO M11Pro - both internal and SD - quickly, smoothly, crashlessly. It almost seems like the 21st century with this thing!

It's free and open-source. It's described as some developer's answer to 'hopelessly outdated' AFT and its freezes and crashes. And it works with 64-bit Mac OS, at least in my case.

Hope it works for you guys.
That is really good news!

Apr 5, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #5,226 of 14,593
@Paul - iBasso et all, I'm sure I'm one of many here who chose the DX300 over other competing DAPs because of it's driving power and portable solution that works awesomely for IEMs and headphones alike.

That said, it'd be great if there were perhaps an XL-sized Amp module targeting full-size HP use.

Perhaps even a balanced dual-NuTube module with power similar to the Cayin C9 :D

That'd be quite the package... I think at least.

Apr 5, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #5,227 of 14,593
@Paul - iBasso et all, I'm sure I'm one of many here who chose the DX300 over other competing DAPs because of it's driving power and portable solution that works awesomely for IEMs and headphones alike.

That said, it'd be great if there were perhaps an XL-sized Amp module targeting full-size HP use.

Perhaps even a balanced dual-NuTube module with power similar to the Cayin C9 :D

That'd be quite the package... I think at least.
Heh, as soon as I heard about the DX300's modular amp system, I was thinking/praying "please please, release a dual Korg Nu-Tube amp unit" :joy:

Apr 5, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #5,228 of 14,593
Heh, as soon as I heard about the DX300's modular amp system, I was thinking/praying "please please, release a dual Korg Nu-Tube amp unit" :joy:
I asked iBasso but there is no room but I think they have posted that before. Also, I am sure as soon as they would make a more power amp module, and the play time would correspondingly be shortened, people would complain. but honestly, I use all my regular headphones without issue and haven't turned on my large headphone amps (home) for a while, the DX300 is that good. A dual Korg would be fun though.

Apr 5, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #5,230 of 14,593
I asked iBasso but there is no room but I think they have posted that before. Also, I am sure as soon as they would make a more power amp module, and the play time would correspondingly be shortened, people would complain. but honestly, I use all my regular headphones without issue and haven't turned on my large headphone amps (home) for a while, the DX300 is that good. A dual Korg would be fun though.

Such sad news.
In fairness, I think that, short of giving stuff away for free, no matter what iBasso do (and this applies to many other companies here too), some people will find something to complain about :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Actually, that possibly even extends to giving stuff away for free lol :joy:

Apr 5, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #5,231 of 14,593
Just buy a C9.... if it helps the MEST seems to go quite well with it :wink:
I can't deny, it's been blinking on my radar for a while now!
But I'm in a phase of trying to save money right now, so new purchases are (probably) not happening for a while.
I got the EE Odin a while ago, but sold it recently for the cash.
Miss that IEM already but I'm very fortunate to have been sent the MEST Mk II to review, so I'm not crying into my coffee quite yet :p

Looking forward to comparing the original MEST and the Mk II.
I have a feeling that one might sound better on the DX220MAX, and the other might sound better on the DX300.
Pure speculation at this point, I admit, but let's see.. :)

Apr 5, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #5,232 of 14,593
Just buy a C9.... if it helps the MEST seems to go quite well with it :wink:
To use with C9, a dedicated LO will be better. Will iBasso create a module with dedicated LO and balanced PO at the same time?

Apr 5, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #5,233 of 14,593
To use with C9, a dedicated LO will be better. Will iBasso create a module with dedicated LO and balanced PO at the same time?
All headphone outputs of the DX300 can act as a line out.
I am not sure though if the internal amplifier is bypassed when selecting the LO option.

Apr 5, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #5,234 of 14,593
Yes, we will have a dedicated LO coming fairly soon.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back