iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 31, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #5,176 of 14,593
Chips shortage is actually a world problem now....lol, and it happens everywhere, in every industries
The graphics card prices skyrocketed. Most of the high end cards like RTX3080/3090 or RX6900XT are not available at the online stores or sold for 50 - 80% more than the price that they should be. The little amounts that they were available are in the hands of scalpers at the moment.

Mar 31, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #5,177 of 14,593
What are the correct settings for UAPP? I have it updated, everything set to auto/left blank as per app popups, yet no MQA here.

Mar 31, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #5,178 of 14,593
What are the correct settings for UAPP? I have it updated, everything set to auto/left blank as per app popups, yet no MQA here.
Mqa requires an additional plugin to be purchased although I am not sure UAPP still fully supports dx300. I think it has only preliminary support and the full one is being worked on.

Mar 31, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #5,179 of 14,593
I have said plugin purchased, everything was fine on DX220 :)

Mar 31, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #5,180 of 14,593
Pushed the button on it! Not going to wait around for a lower Amperage unit. I think, based on what I've read on this thread (and other reviews on the web), DX300 represents a very decent price/value ratio. It is possible that some other under $2000 DAPs out there might have a slight edge over it when it comes to sound as some have said (I'm thinking of R8). But, a) I am not sure I could hear it (as opposed to having the presumption of hearing it) and b) at $600 more, not sure sound difference is reflected in the price (especially if you count the benefit of a very fast Android implementation for the DX300).
I do presume, though, it's going to be an upgrade on my PD2 (itself not a bad little DAP) that I can hear. Next target, a portable amp for a stack (appetite comes with eating) :ksc75smile:

Quick question: aside from music or video Android apps, can one also load email/messenger apps through APK?

Mar 31, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #5,185 of 14,593
Pushed the button on it! Not going to wait around for a lower Amperage unit. I think, based on what I've read on this thread (and other reviews on the web), DX300 represents a very decent price/value ratio. It is possible that some other under $2000 DAPs out there might have a slight edge over it when it comes to sound as some have said (I'm thinking of R8). But, a) I am not sure I could hear it (as opposed to having the presumption of hearing it) and b) at $600 more, not sure sound difference is reflected in the price (especially if you count the benefit of a very fast Android implementation for the DX300).
I do presume, though, it's going to be an upgrade on my PD2 (itself not a bad little DAP) that I can hear. Next target, a portable amp for a stack (appetite comes with eating) :ksc75smile:

Quick question: aside from music or video Android apps, can one also load email/messenger apps through APK?
If you cant hear distinct difference between R8 and dx300 on technical level. Just stick to dx300 for sure. You have a future of amp modules ahead with dx300. Which will reduce the difference further.
And yes, question of wether difference between dx300 and R8 is worth 600 bucks is there and real. But this is the case for all higher tier daps.
I think if you has this question bothering you, again dx300 is pretty good sweetspot of price/performance.

Regarding android implementation and ui speed and quality R8 is unmatched still. While speed wise i doubt you will see difference outside of benchmarks.
Hiby has done a massively good job to keep software polished and hick up free.
But, dx300 is newer product so with some time it will catch up. Besides its pretty good as is. Those two daps are as far as im aware way ahead of the rest of competition with their ui speed features and streaming capabilities.

Mar 31, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #5,186 of 14,593
So, the Amp11 MKII is with a new transistors. People is curious what they are ? Here are the pictures for illustrations

The blue one is in SSOIC-8 package and look like an OpAmp but it isn’t an OpAmp, but a Dual transistors in that package.

So, either the Blue or Red are being replaced ? Who knows. Someone mentioned previously that the one in blues are being discontinued ?
21AE4A8F-5588-4BF4-80C8-36116BE31EEE.jpeg
Anyways, both of these form a Discrete output stage with class A amplification design.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #5,187 of 14,593
So, the Amp11 MKII is with a new transistors. People is curious what they are ? Here are the pictures for illustrations

The blue one is in SSOIC-8 package and look like an OpAmp but it isn’t an OpAmp, but a Dual transistors in that package.

So, either the Blue or Red are being replaced ? Who knows. Someone mentioned previously that the one in blues are being discontinued ?
21AE4A8F-5588-4BF4-80C8-36116BE31EEE.jpeg
Anyways, both of these form a Discrete output stage with class A amplification design.
Yes as I mentioned previously, PBSS4350SPN has been discontinued.
https://www.nexperia.com/products/b...s/double-bipolar-transistors/PBSS4350SPN.html
You can also see its spec, Max Current 2.7A.
That's why I guess these transistors will be replaced in AMP11 MKII.

Mar 31, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #5,188 of 14,593

Actually the R8 is as fast.

Yes. You can load games too.

Mar 31, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #5,189 of 14,593
Mar 31, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #5,190 of 14,593
If you cant hear distinct difference between R8 and dx300 on technical level. Just stick to dx300 for sure [...] Regarding android implementation and ui speed and quality R8 is unmatched still. While speed wise i doubt you will see difference outside of benchmarks.
Hiby has done a massively good job to keep software polished and hick up free.
Actually the R8 is as fast.
Thanks to both for your remarks. I didn't mean that DX300 is faster than R8, but that, for sound differences I would probably not be able to perceive and the price differential, DX300 is as (or fairly close to as) fast as R8 for the Android implementation to not make a difference in my decision. I have not tried the R8, but I am a rather naive listener with no special training (not a musician either), so I reckon the difference in sound quality, if there, will not be so perceivable to me. Tbh, $600 can also go towards a portable headphone amp. If money was not an obstacle, on the other hand, I'd probably demo the R8 too (so that I am not left with the question :ksc75smile:).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back