iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 12, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #4,802 of 14,593
@Paul - iBasso

Question... is FPGA Master only on Android OS.... ???? or also works on MANGO OS ???

recently I experienced quite unique between Android OS and MANGO OS..
It is system generic part of the hardware, so no OS dependency. It is always there, running.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #4,803 of 14,593
Chaps, quick Q on balanced 4.4 line out: can we an 4.4mm-2.5mm adapter to hook to a balanced 2.5mm to dual XLR cable for connecting to balanced amp? don't seem to have seen the answer.

Any advice @Paul - iBasso ?

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #4,804 of 14,593
Chaps, quick Q on balanced 4.4 line out: can we an adapter to hook to a balanced 2.5mm to dual XLR cable for connecting to balanced amp? don't seem to have seen the answer.

Any advice @Paul - iBasso ?
I think it works just fine as long the cable topology is right..
I used the LO 4.4 to 2.5 Balanced with 3.5 SE
20210312_193026.jpg

IMO, open for corrections if others can jump in

It is system generic part of the hardware, so no OS dependency. It is always there, running.
1615552512973.png

Hmm.. seems not inline with the picture... well.. I just saying, if you pass the 300 hours, I find the layered sounding is more visible on Mango Player (Android OS) rather then MANGO OS. with same digital filter, (prob) same volume etc..

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #4,805 of 14,593
Hmm.. seems not inline with the picture... well.. I just saying, if you pass the 300 hours, I find the layered sounding is more visible on Mango Player (Android OS) rather then MANGO OS. with same digital filter, (prob) same volume etc..
What is not in line this picture? Where do you see the OS and FPGA module dependency? The FPGA module is also doing the jitter correction, and it sits right in the middle of all audio traffic. What you are hearing has nothing to do with the FPGA module.

Mar 12, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #4,807 of 14,593
hello, the sticker that comes standard on the dx 300 can be removed, I don't know if it's a sticker or a badge
It’s a sticker. I removed mine and replaced with one of those that came with the tpu cases which are the same

Mar 12, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #4,808 of 14,593
@Paul - iBasso - I've finished my DX300 review and I'm ready to make like Snoop Dogg and drop it like it's hot :D

Would you be able to create a reviews page for the DX300 (or send me a link if there's one already)? :)

Mar 12, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #4,809 of 14,593
@Paul - iBasso - I've finished my DX300 review and I'm ready to make like Snoop Dogg and drop it like it's hot :D

Would you be able to create a reviews page for the DX300 (or send me a link if there's one already)? :)
Do you mean to link to a review from our webpage? What type of format?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 12, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #4,811 of 14,593
So about the audio thing LO and PO. When do you use LO and when do you use PO?
The PO is for headphones and IEMs and the LO is line out, into external amplifiers.

Mar 12, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #4,812 of 14,593
@Paul - iBasso any chance iBasso can pull something like this off? In my opinion, it would be a game changer and put iBasso (and more specifically the DX300) way ahead of the competition. While what they've done is great, A&K has somewhat missed the mark. I'll explain below.
  • Roon doesn't play nice on Android. This is well known. Even on TOTL Android based DAPs w/ high end DAC(s) it relies on the Android audio libraries and as a result tracks are almost always upsampled/downsampled when playing via the Roon Remote app.
  • A&K decided to make the SP1000/SP2000 a roon endpoint which corrects this issue and allows for bit-perfect playback BUT aside from providing basic album art and play/pause/next/back controls on the DAP itself you need a PC, Smartphone or Tablet to control most if Roon's functions.
If iBasso could make the DX300 a Roon Endpoint (similar to what A&K just announced) users could use the Roon Remote app for full control functionality and send streams to the bit-perfect Roon Endpoint. With the screen, performance, etc. provided with the DX300 this would be the absolute best solution for a complete portable (around the house anyway) Roon solution.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #4,813 of 14,593
Has anyone successfully paired dx300 with an Apple TV 4K in BT DAC mode? I have been unable to get mine to pair. DX300 sees ATV but ATV rejects pairing code if I attempt to pair from DX300 UI. ATV does not show DX300 as an available device.

I usually watch TV with AirPods Pro, but wanted to try some of my headphones for fun.

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #4,814 of 14,593
Has anyone successfully paired dx300 with an Apple TV 4K in BT DAC mode? I have been unable to get mine to pair. DX300 sees ATV but ATV rejects pairing code if I attempt to pair from DX300 UI. ATV does not show DX300 as an available device.

I usually watch TV with AirPods Pro, but wanted to try some of my headphones for fun.
Bluetooth compatibility in Receiver mode is one of the lacking issues of all Ibasso DAPs unfortunately.
It is working fine with Macbook, IPhone or IPad though.
Also LDAC via other Android phone can work but all the rest from my experience: no...

Mar 13, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #4,815 of 14,593
Do you mean to link to a review from our webpage? What type of format?
Sorry, what I'm referring to is the official Head-Fi 'showcase' page, where Head-Fi members can post their reviews of the product which that page is for.
So for example, here's the page for the IT07:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-it07.24987/

I have no idea how to set one up, and honestly not the time to do it as I'm still so busy finishing reviews for the DX220MAX and IT07 too :D
If you or anyone can help out, it would be great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back