iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 10, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #4,786 of 14,593
Does anyone know where the auto play on plug detection option is in neutron ?
Excellent question! I about murdered my ears the other day because Neutron was still open in the background when I plugged my Andromeda’s in.
I couldn’t find the setting when I looked through the options

Mar 10, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #4,787 of 14,593
Does anyone know where the auto play on plug detection option is in neutron ?
Try Settings-->Connection and Controls-->Play if Output Attached (disable options within that menu) and also disable "Play on Start" and "Play if Power Attached" just in case.

Mar 10, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #4,788 of 14,593
Try Settings-->Connection and Controls-->Play if Output Attached (disable options within that menu) and also disable "Play on Start" and "Play if Power Attached" just in case.
Thank you! OMG I missed this option so I was looking for it forever. It was right at “Play If Output Attached”
D38102CD-ACE7-4B43-82BD-C57FD09115A2.jpeg

Mar 10, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #4,789 of 14,593
Today is the day for my setup

To anyone who wonders, the Dx300 Line out is great but pairing with C9 is good for medium and low gain only, high gain has distortions, and that is what I will recommend
654C1A9E-6364-48D2-BB78-E15DBAFCF14E.jpegB2407A68-1E0D-42B9-9F4A-5C28D84CA299.jpeg

C9 looks so nice! Does it make a neat stack with DX300 size-wise (looks like that judging from the picture to me)?

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #4,790 of 14,593
I have been playing the DX300 for 3 hours with the Utopia balanced with 16/44 and I am down to 99 on the amp battery and 89 on the digital. Crazy the play time that the 300 has. Amazing! And, very analog natural sounding. Scott Hamilton playing that sax!

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #4,792 of 14,593
battery live is crazy other extreme dam thing never drains :)

i'm still burn-in at night so try to kill battery in day and slow charge at night while it's playing
sounds amazing with Stella as well and it's made me fall in Love with my solaris again
Yes, enjoy the Stellia as well. Good phones. I listen mostly with the Utopia, SR2 and the Stellia. No particular order and they all sound different enough to stand totally on their own for high quality sound. Good stuff!

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #4,793 of 14,593
I think the battery calibration also needs burn in. At first out of the box it seems swinging erratically, and after 150 hours or so it seems to correct itself and last longer

C9 looks so nice! Does it make a neat stack with DX300 size-wise (looks like that judging from the picture to me)?
Yes, they are like perfectly made for one another in appearances

Mar 10, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #4,794 of 14,593
I think the battery calibration also needs burn in. At first out of the box it seems swinging erratically, and after 150 hours or so it seems to correct itself and last longer

Yes, they are like perfectly made for one another in appearances
Who carries the C9 in the US.

Yes, at first the battery was up and down but now after 600 plus hours, the battery life has only improved over time. And I just noticed, I have the wifi turned on. Off now. lol

Mar 10, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #4,797 of 14,593
Who carries the C9 in the US.

Yes, at first the battery was up and down but now after 600 plus hours, the battery life has only improved over time. And I just noticed, I have the wifi turned on. Off now. lol
Musicteck do carry C9, but it is temporarily out of stock
Is this preferred over UAPP?
I do prefer neutron to UAPP on my side.
Yes, and I very much agreed. Unless I am in MangoOS, Android will always be Neutron priority

Mar 12, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #4,798 of 14,593
Hey guys has anyone compared the dx300 to the Astell & Kern Kann Alpha? I have the Alpha but i'm pretty frustrated with the underwhelming screen especially in use outside which i know this player will easily fix. I know this is a much bigger unit but i have big pockets so its not too much of an issue. Just wondering how both compare sound wise.
Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #4,799 of 14,593
Hey guys has anyone compared the dx300 to the Astell & Kern Kann Alpha? I have the Alpha but i'm pretty frustrated with the underwhelming screen especially in use outside which i know this player will easily fix. I know this is a much bigger unit but i have big pockets so its not too much of an issue. Just wondering how both compare sound wise.
Thanks

I have both. Pretty different sounding daps.

Alpha: Moreee power, pretty neutral with a bit meatier low end. Soundstage is good but not dx300 good.
Dx300 is more euphonic, better instrument separation, massive holographic soundstage with better layering and warmish timbre. It’s sweeter sounding but less neutral type of sound than Alpha imho.
Noise floor around the same, low for both daps.
Alpha is thicker, dx300 is much much much longer. Alpha is heavier. As you wrote, Alpha screen is much smaller.

They are both great daps so it comes on personal preferences and intended use. For power hungry hps Alpha takes the edge but for easier to drive hps and iems dx300 would be my choice. As a pure streaming machine, the dx300 it’s my ultimate machine with its big screen and fast processor. Really love its sound and considering selling the Alpha.

However, I still consider AK really created an awesome dap with the Alpha considering sound quality, dimension and power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back