iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 28, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #4,501 of 14,596
Seriously? I had no idea, I think if I had one, I would use it every day, from what I have read it is fantastic, in fact, I'm even undecided between A18t and A18s. . . .:L3000:

I use mostly full size headphones. A18t is good but I would be careful about auditioning the U18t and ordering the A18t based on that. My A18t has considerably less air in the treble than U18t, and this was why I ordered A18t rather than A12t. I have fit problems with most IEMs, so wanted a custom. But if I knew that outcome, I would have rather gone for A12t or even U18t.

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #4,502 of 14,596
I will always get my CD and rip it, those suckers can sleep with their ideas
Same here, I’ll just stick to my CD’s encoded to ALAC, here. No apologies, no judgement, sounds good to me!

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #4,503 of 14,596
Finally received the TPU case from aliexpress. As everyone else has said, it is perfect. I'm unclear on why they bothered to make a "window" for the High Res Audio sticker which is misaligned. However, they provided many, hi-res audio stickers to make up for it. I hope all the future amp modules line up with the holes in the TPU case.
While admiring the TPU case, I just noticed that same thing! Misalignment and the Hi-Res stickers. Still the TPU case is a worthy addition and somehow made this great player better.

Feb 28, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #4,504 of 14,596
Nice marketing gimmickry.

- "We can't say decompress, it is what MP3 does. We should invent a new name, like unfoldig.
+ But that is not enough! We need to find a way to tax the complete chain. We need to push that down to the DAC, we need to put our hands into the pocket every one out there: The consumer, the artist, the software developer, the device manufacturer, even the DAC manufacturer.
- But why would that be? Today's high bitrate...
+ We don't use the word 'bitrate'.
- OK, high resolution...
+ We don't use that, too.
- OK, but, why would anyone need a lossy compressed audio when there is...
+ We don't say lossy, remember 'unfolding'?
- OK, but why would anyone buy that?
+ Because we have good marketing agents. If we can lure the consumers into buying this crap, the rest of the chain will have to pay their due 'taxes'.
- Sounds more like an extortion, I love it!
+ Yeah, we'll call it 'certification'.
I spoke to a rep of one the chip makers a while back (I was at a show). A very well known manufacture but he said it was between him and me, and so it goes that I will not mention who the manufacture is. But what he said was that MQA is not a valid system. It is not something they will support and does not add to the quality of the musical equation. But it does make money for a company and people have latched onto it, thinking it is a valid process. I paraphrase of course but the gist of it is, having broken down what it does, he saw no value for music reproduction.

Until we see an A/B of MQA versus non MQA enabled music quality, we are pretty much in the dark as consumers.

It would be great for some valued YouTube creators/reviewers to do an MQA teardown side by side comparison video.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #4,505 of 14,596
Until we see a A/B of MQA versus non MQA enabled music quality comparisons we are pretty much in the dark as consumers

It would be great for some valued you tube creators/reviewers to do a MQA tear down and side by side comparison.

Nope, we just need a pair of our own ears, keeping all the theoretical information in the back of our minds. There is no force on earth that can convince me that an "unfolded" MQA can sound better than a FLAC with 96 kHz sampling. And there is no force on earth that can convince me to buy an MQA that needs special setups so that it can sound close to a simple hires FLAC file. It is just ridiculous.

Feb 28, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #4,506 of 14,596
Feb 28, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #4,507 of 14,596
Why don't you do it yourself? For instance, here you can download the same recordings in several formats, from DXD to CD-quality, including DSD and MQA. Also don't miss their special DXD-DSD-MQA test set!

I wouldn’t be the best person to do this as I do not have the knowledge or experience to produce a valid review that would hold up to constructive criticism from the outside world.

Feb 28, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #4,508 of 14,596
Nope, we just need a pair of our own ears, keeping all the theoretical information in the back of our minds. There is no force on earth that can convince me that an "unfolded" MQA can sound better than a FLAC with 96 kHz sampling. And there is no force on earth that can convince me to buy an MQA that needs special setups so that it can sound close to a simple hires FLAC file. It is just ridiculous.

Each to their own but personally I like to look at all things with an open mind and consider all options.

Feb 28, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #4,509 of 14,596
Hi! This query is regarding the Bluetooth DAC mode. While I can transmit from my iPhone or any iOS device to the dx300, I can’t seem to do so from any of my TVs(Panasonic gz1000) or NAD d3045 in Bluetooth transmit mode.
Any observations regarding this?

Feb 28, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #4,510 of 14,596
Hi! This query is regarding the Bluetooth DAC mode. While I can transmit from my iPhone or any iOS device to the dx300, I can’t seem to do so from any of my TVs(Panasonic gz1000) or NAD d3045 in Bluetooth transmit mode.
Any observations regarding this?
Nice avatar! Lovely stack

Feb 28, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #4,511 of 14,596
I wouldn’t be the best person to do this as I do not have the knowledge or experience to produce a valid review that would hold up to constructive criticism from the outside world.
It doesn't matter... If you can't hear it yourself it doesn't matter what any reviewer says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back