iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 28, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #4,516 of 14,593
Eh haven't you returned your DX300 after a day?

Anyhow, if you like tubes you should look into the C9 amp.
This is true, I am returning it. However, I do love me some tubes. Right now I am currently running a CA Continental Duel Mono amp, it has the ability to easily tube roll and it sounds great. That C9 does look cool though, I want to try it.

Feb 28, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #4,517 of 14,593
Why are you returning it ? If you like tubes on tubes on tubes signatures, I would think 300 should be able to rack them for you
I posted why earlier, but basically I had a ton of problems with it, battery problems, charger problems, software problems. I purchased it along side an SE200 and M8 and the DX300 sound paled in comparison. Maybe I had a defective unit, but there were enough problems that I was not willing to try a replacement.

Feb 28, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #4,518 of 14,593
I posted why earlier, but basically I had a ton of problems with it, battery problems, charger problems, software problems. I purchased it along side an SE200 and M8 and the DX300 sound paled in comparison. Maybe I had a defective unit, but there were enough problems that I was not willing to try a replacement.
I think sadly you had a unit that wasn't working normally. No issues at all and excellent battery life. Also, IMO, the M8 does not out perform it. Well enjoy what you have.

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #4,519 of 14,593

Same here

I sold mine and swapped for the M8

The DX300 is a superb DAP but I prefer the sound, construction and quality of the M8.

IMHO the DX feels more like an Apple iWatch and the M8 feels more like a Rolex if that makes sense.

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #4,520 of 14,593
Same here

I sold mine and swapped for the M8

The DX300 is a superb DAP but I prefer the sound, construction and quality of the M8.

IMHO the DX feels more like an Apple iWatch and the M8 feels more like a Rolex if that makes sense.
They need to just turn the thing into a phone, that is what it is trying to be. If it could make calls, it would be the coolest phone alive. I hope they fix the firm wear soon though, trying to get apps working is a real chore.

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #4,522 of 14,593
They need to just turn the thing into a phone, that is what it is trying to be. If it could make calls, it would be the coolest phone alive. I hope they fix the firm wear soon though, trying to get apps working is a real chore.
Which apps are not working? So far for me the firmware for me is rock solid.

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #4,523 of 14,593
I have a question... So I have been solely streaming Tidal up until now. I am looking into starting to use files, but have a question about SACD's. How does someone copy their SACD onto their DAP? I do not see any SACD computer drives available, so how is this done?
SACD is copyright protected...You need some devices that is able to extract img and have programs to splice them into tracks and extract to DSD files. The progress is mind blowing and confusing. It is better to just buy digital copy of those dsd and download

You can Google search how, no one can tell you simple steps to do it at all

Most of those drives are only older pioneer and Sony Blu-ray, including some rare Ps3

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #4,524 of 14,593
Which apps are not working? So far for me the firmware for me is rock solid.
Pretty much all of them, kept throwing up error/crash messages upon initial app start up. The only thing that worked for me was Tidal. I eventually got Utube working, but in a severely crippled form, where scrolling was impossible..... It is possible I have a defective unit, as it was not working with most of my chargers and the amp battery would go from 100% to %0 in 15-20 minutes.

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #4,525 of 14,593
SACD is copyright protected...You need some devices that is able to extract img and have programs to splice them into tracks and extract to DSD files. The progress is mind blowing and confusing. It is better to just buy digital copy of those dsd and download

You can Google search how, no one can tell you simple steps to do it at all

Most of those drives are only older pioneer and Sony Blu-ray, including some rare Ps3
Thats ok, I'll take your word for it. Sounds like a process that is not even worthwhile considering. Thanks!

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #4,526 of 14,593
No thanks on the phone but not sure what you are doing regarding apps. I have found that loading apps very easy and fast and no issues in using.

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #4,527 of 14,593
Pretty much all of them, kept throwing up error/crash messages upon initial app start up. The only thing that worked for me was Tidal. I eventually got Utube working, but in a severely crippled form, where scrolling was impossible..... It is possible I have a defective unit, as it was not working with most of my chargers and the amp battery would go from 100% to %0 in 15-20 minutes.

Interesting, never had any issues with any of the application I used. Maybe it would be a good idea to report that issues, so that iBasso can fix the issue.

Just a small note, on Android device I would rather use NewPipe as a YouTube client, rather than the official YT application.

https://newpipe.net/

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #4,528 of 14,593
Interesting, never had any issues with any of the application I used. Maybe it would be a good idea to report that issues, so that iBasso can fix the issue.

Just a small note, on Android device I would rather use NewPipe as a YouTube client, rather than the official YT application.

https://newpipe.net/
How is it different ? No ads ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back