iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 19, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #4,201 of 14,593
This are the bugs that I've found:

1: In Android, the gain selector from the Mango App is incorrect, the high gain work like low and vice versa
2: In Mango, the covers art fliker a lot in the scrolling, and that scroll is too fast (I don't know if this is normal)

Feb 19, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #4,203 of 14,593
This are the bugs that I've found:

1: In Android, the gain selector from the Mango App is incorrect, the high gain work like low and vice versa
2: In Mango, the covers art fliker a lot in the scrolling, and that scroll is too fast (I don't know if this is normal)
I just tried the gain in Android and pure Mango and they both work correctly. For flickering in Mango, I would guess that since it doesn't use Android, the saves the artwork differently.

Feb 19, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #4,205 of 14,593
My problem with gain is just from the app, in the android settings the gain is showing correctly

A 3rd party app? Then I would contact the company that puts out the app.

Feb 19, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #4,207 of 14,593
No, the Mango Player
I am using Mango and it is working correctly . Just tried it now, High is on the left then med and then low on the right. Works correctly.

Feb 19, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #4,208 of 14,593
Its better than the old days when we had boomboxes and multi rack stereo systems.

i had to go to the store and buy a special cassette or vinyl 45 to update my system.

it was worse for those not living close to an audio retailer. They had to ordered theirs via the stereo companies via mail order.
It could takes months and sometimes by the time the cassette arrived there was a new update!

still not as risky as loading a video game with a 90 minute cassette and then the Pong game not loading and having to do it again...

————————————-

in other DX300 news the gain settings for the DX300 i have on android and pure mango are correct.

—————————————-
Hiss

(*i am not a hiss meister. But i do get my ears tested every year).

i have tried several experiments with various earphones such as Monk earbuds, various Campfire Audio multi BAs, other BAs, some hybrid IEMs and also single driver IEMs.

I used Dire Straits as a nice quiet well mastered album to check for hiss

I would play the track for a few seconds (to let the amp kick in).. then stop the track.....Then up the gain to high and volume to maximum and check for hiss. A most extreme test. But it gives results. Then i dial down the gain and volume of course.

i found generally the multi driver BA IEMs to exhibit a minimum hiss. The level was not much different from high gain/max volume to low gain/ normal volume (around 35-45 depending). The hiss is not large, nor distracting. Possibly only noticeable to most by critical listening.

The earbuds, single dynamic drivers and hybrids seemed not to exhibit hiss.

At earlier listening sessions i did not detect hiss with aome of the multi driver BAs... So go figure.
Slightly more on 4.4mm than 3.5mm. I have not done a 2.5mm test set yet.

i did think it was less on pure mango - but mai brain could have been seeing double by that point.

But nothing major in my mind. Quite minimal and not distracting.

————————————-

I still have the DX300 vs DX220 amp8EX notes to type up. But would like to include the Max in the round up.

381BE75B-F825-4DFF-AED1-E18A759E7C55.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #4,209 of 14,593
I am using Mango and it is working correctly . Just tried it now, High is on the left then med and then low on the right. Works correctly.
Thanks for this, is a translation problem. I'm using the DX300 in spanish and there the Low gain (baja) is on the left and high gain on right. When I change the player to english the problem was fixed just like you say.

Attachments

• 20210219_204117.jpg
    20210219_204117.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 19, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #4,210 of 14,593
Thanks for this, is a translation problem. I'm using the DX300 in spanish and there the Low gain (baja) is on the left and high gain on right. When I change the player to english the problem was fixed just like you say.
There you go! Ok, well I guess let iBasso know.

Feb 19, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #4,211 of 14,593
Is it a Gel type case, meaning easy to get the device in and out. Amazon had some clear cases for the M15 but they were so hard to take off once on
Don’t know if it is Gel, but it is soft and easy enough to put the 300 in and or take it out , in the while retaining it protective job

Feb 19, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #4,212 of 14,593
It's a big holiday, more so the importance of CNY should not be underestimated across Asia, without personal experience. The vast majority of the west will never grasp what exactly CNY means or how important it is. Crying about not getting your toy's right here, right now is what it is...

FWIW I'm an expat with extensive experience across Asia & PRC, 20 years in and still learning.

Q-6
I have absolutely no doubt you’re right, but there was a week between the update being available and the start of CNY. And yesterday suddenly it was available and we’re still in the middle of CNY.

Feb 19, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #4,213 of 14,593
I have absolutely no doubt you’re right, but there was a week between the update being available and the start of CNY. And yesterday suddenly it was available and we’re still in the middle of CNY.
It's more complex than you & others think involving multiple companies and SW certifications. Patience is a virtue, I assure that your world wont fall apart without the OTA update. Everything is simply more difficult to accomplish these days no thanks to the pandemic of that I'm more than acutely aware of...

Ironically I have little to no skin in the game, as I'm still only considering the DX300, equally calling out companies for not being at your beckon & call over a major public holiday period in the mist of a global pandemic, tad selfish methinks. iBasso will get on with it soon as is practically possible as it's in their own best interest...

Q-6

Feb 20, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #4,214 of 14,593
Well! Although I’m kind of sorry for starting such a storm (I think it was me), I was right to point out that the OTA update had not happened. As Paul from iBasso explains, it was an oversight and nothing to do with Chinese New Year. It seems like he may have seen the posts and they fixed it. Job done! Thanks, Paul for doing that and, as you say, let’s move on.

Feb 20, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #4,215 of 14,593
Most reputable sites do warn of delay during Lunar New Year if dealing externally, should people opt to proceed they need be expectant of said delay. As for the issue at hand hardly a back breaker given that there's a physical download for the firmware update. Like I said Entitlement, last time I checked an OTA update to a DAP is hardly a life or death matter.

In all likelihood iBasso relies on third parties for hosting and pushing the update, so all may not be 100% under their control especially during the Lunar New Year period. As for the rest, that's down to you to effect change. As they say what comes around, goes around, this side of the world we also see seasonal slowdowns, it what it is. Want to loose your mind over such trivia, knock yourself out...

Q-6

I think iBasso just wanted to have the firmware ready and available for users before going on vacation but didn't have the time to make it ready for OTA download. They could have easily just released it after the vacation and no one here would know that the firmware is ready but they are waiting for the OTA update to be available. Apparently the local update file is a full image but the OTA update is an incremental update, so it probably needs by them or a third party extra effort to prepare it. So it is not upload the same file somewhere and it will be available.

Lastly, as a non-western person lived and worked in several western countries, I think it is important to understand that, as the west has their Christmas, there is a big population of the world which west is just a small part of that have their own important times of the year for celebration and enjoying with their families. Even in the west there are differences for vacations, just look at Germany vs US. For me, for example, Christmas means nothing other than extended weekend and new year is a horrible time of fireworks that my pets are scared the whole night. So it is what it is, so think of it like they wanted to give us an updated firmware "before Christmas" but didn't have the time to make it ready for OTA update, so they did it "after Christmas".

By the way, Hiby also released a new firmware just yesterday.

EDIT: Just saw Paul's post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back