iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 20, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #4,217 of 14,593
Testing Dx300 with my Z1r now...
1st impression...huge soundstage, lots of power, nice bass and black background. Just not as detailed as other flagship.
It is detailed, it is just warmer and meatier than the like of AK and even the previous flagship Dx220 or Max. It is a different tuning and a different DAC

Feb 20, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #4,218 of 14,593
It is detailed, it is just warmer and meatier than the like of AK and even the previous flagship Dx220 or Max. It is a different tuning and a different DAC

I am comparing with LPGT Ti and M8...of coz, it's not a fair comparison

I might use the 'wrong digital filter...make such a big impact in sound signature :xf_eek:

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #4,219 of 14,593
20210220_172113.jpg
Its happening... My gadget on the weekend...
browsing, Listening HiRes song, and social media apps (Facebook, YouTube etc)...

LoL

This is not possible with the previous model...

Feb 20, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #4,221 of 14,593
Please don't argue about this. We thought the OTA firmware had been uploaded but found out it had not been. It was an oversight and not intentional. Once I realized it had not been updated we worked to have it done.

Please move on, Enjoy the music and stay safe out there.
Thanks, Paul, for bringing some levity to this situation.

Feb 20, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #4,222 of 14,593
Loving the TPU case
Just received my similar (if not the exact same) TPU case from AliExpress and, as much as I hate to admit it, the TPU case brings to light the shortcomings of the stock blue case included with the DX300. Somehow, the TPU case brings some balance and confidence to handling the DX300. Better grip and less slip with the TPU. Volume wheel moving’ and grooving’ much better and freely with the TPU, as well.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #4,223 of 14,593
I am comparing to LPGT Ti and M8...of coz, it's not a fair comparison

I might use the 'wrong digital filter...make such a big impact in sound signature :xf_eek:
The dx300 and the Dx160 are the DAP that has digital filters to be impacting the sound performances like nothing else out there in the market. It is very pronounced
Just received my similar (if not the exact same) TPU case from AliExpress and, as much as I hate to admit it, the TPU case brings to light the shortcomings of the stock blue case included with the DX300. Somehow, the TPU case brings some balance and confidence to handling the DX300. Better grip and less slip with the TPU. Volume wheel moving’ and grooving’ much better and freely with the TPU, as well.
yeah, you have better senses of security as it will not slip out and fall out. The leather case gives you that feeling lol!!

Feb 20, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #4,225 of 14,593
Readme.txt for DX300_full_ota_1.02.204
Improvements with this firmware:

1. Rectified the bug that some online video and audio did not sync. £¨Android OS£©
2. Added support of Amazon Music HD. £¨Android OS£©
3. Added double tap wake up feature. £¨Android OS£©

Does it work for you? For me not, I updated mine with the internal system update.

Feb 20, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #4,226 of 14,593
Readme.txt for DX300_full_ota_1.02.204
Improvements with this firmware:

1. Rectified the bug that some online video and audio did not sync. £¨Android OS£©
2. Added support of Amazon Music HD. £¨Android OS£©
3. Added double tap wake up feature. £¨Android OS£©

Does it work for you? For me not, I updated mine with the internal system update.
Double tap is a little wonky funky. Sometimes I have to keep on tapping, and sometimes I find myself having to finger massaging the screen to wake it up....but it could be just me

So I fall back to using the wheel

Feb 20, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #4,229 of 14,593
Double tap is a little wonky funky. Sometimes I have to keep on tapping, and sometimes I find myself having to finger massaging the screen to wake it up....but it could be just me

So I fall back to using the wheel
I found the same. Not as responsive as I’m used to with my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back