iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 18, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #4,171 of 14,596
What is current firmware version for the DX300?

Feb 18, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #4,172 of 14,596
What is current firmware version for the DX300?
It shows it in the title for the thread and it is on the 1st page. :^)

Feb 19, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #4,173 of 14,596
Maybe it’s just me, but I think it’s ok to pay £1k for a piece of audio equipment and not expect to jump through technical hoops to get the fw updated. I find it unacceptable to have to wait this long. Chinese New Year started on 12 Feb. This update was available on 6 Feb. Hiby push them out OTA within a day or two. iBasso needs to get its act together I think.
Entitlement - If so important to you DL the RAR and update manually. Smaller companies may not resume until early March, travel internally remains problematic due to the ongoing pandemic, a factor worth pondering on as many in P.R. China do not work in close proximity to the family point of origin.

Q-6

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #4,174 of 14,596
Getting blown away by the battery life.

Binge watching The Pacific (again) and also Band of Brothers (again) the last couple of days as well as music listening.
Loving the large screen.
With only the odd top up charge.

consider this luddite a convert to the new wave of (functional) multi media daps.

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #4,177 of 14,596
Entitlement - If so important to you DL the RAR and update manually. Smaller companies may not resume until early March, travel internally remains problematic due to the ongoing pandemic, a factor worth pondering on as many in P.R. China do not work in close proximity to the family point of origin.

Q-6
Interesting that, having made a point of this, I just went into the updater and there it was...coincidence or connection?

Feb 19, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #4,179 of 14,596
The new firmware is touting “double tap to wake” feature. Not sure if this is working for me on my dx300 after installing the update.

Feb 19, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #4,180 of 14,596
The new firmware is touting “double tap to wake” feature. Not sure if this is working for me on my dx300 after installing the update.

Go to Android Settings, Display, and enable Double-tap screen to wake.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #4,183 of 14,596
Interesting that, having made a point of this, I just went into the updater and there it was...coincidence or connection?
It's a big holiday, more so the importance of CNY should not be underestimated across Asia, without personal experience. The vast majority of the west will never grasp what exactly CNY means or how important it is. Crying about not getting your toy's right here, right now is what it is...

FWIW I'm an expat with extensive experience across Asia & PRC, 20 years in and still learning.

Q-6

Feb 19, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #4,185 of 14,596
It is again a pleasure how the 300 has opened like a blossom with 150..200 hours, similar to the Max :wink:

Very consistent, the Ananda has a great spatiality, instruments are nicely distributed and have a clarity with a little sweetness :dt880smile:
In addition, there is a slight warm keynote, bass just as I want it to be, if available it is presented clearly to deep and fast.
The two batteries have behaved very well so far, in operation from 100% after about 10..14 hours (depending on the resolution) to the end, they are hardly more than 10..15% differently full.

The max has almost always a little more clarity, even more detailed and finer ..... still a small class above. However, the dx300 is more compatible and harmonious.

After a hard, stressful day ... the Max with an LCD X can annoy me and almost give me a headache, but when I'm ready, the combination is a revelation :relieved:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back