iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 11, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #3,902 of 14,593
I'm using the DX300 in line out mode at "low" - it likely has three voltage levels ("medium" and "high" increase the volume).

Not sure if it's a real line out - @Whitigir may have looked into it...

Where did you see the setting for low/mid/high for LO? You have PO/LO which switches all PO to LO. Then, you have Gain low/mid/high in audio setting, but that is applicable to headphone output gain. BAL LO should have a fixed 7.1Vrms per iBasso spec. Unless I missed something?

Feb 11, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #3,903 of 14,593
Where did you see the setting for low/mid/high for LO? You have PO/LO which switches all PO to LO. Then, you have Gain low/mid/high in audio setting, but that is applicable to headphone output gain. BAL LO should have a fixed 7.1Vrms per iBasso spec. Unless I missed something?

The gain lo/mid/high when I'm in LO mode changes the volume through the C9. (No settings changed on C9).

The ibasso spec says "maximum"...

B5C3C412-0A43-4CDA-80BF-9C92F9A81503.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #3,905 of 14,593
Any official statement on the poorly fitting cases as of yet? (I should also mention the tempered glass screen protector, which also wasn't the right size)

Feb 11, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #3,906 of 14,593
Any official statement on the poorly fitting cases as of yet? (I should also mention the tempered glass screen protector, which also wasn't the right size)

Not official but yeah the case is loose I just don't use it

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #3,907 of 14,593
DX220's case blocked the volume dial and it was never adressed or resolved.

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #3,909 of 14,593
I am surprised that you find the R8 V shaped. Are you using the turbo mode on R8? It pushes the mids a bit more forward, adds dynamic and subbass. And are you testing with IEMs or HPs?

I don't use IEMs and only full sized HPs so I might have a different experience, but find the bass performance of DX300, from subbass to the mids excellent. I cannot compare the R8 as I don't have it anymore. With this piece with D9200 what I get as bass punch and speed, it is excellent. Also the transparency is top notch (better listen from Qobuz or Tidal).

Try also this:

For sure MAX would be better but DX300 is definitely very satisfactory as a portable solution.

Not saying massive V shape and mids are quite good but treble and bass are a touch more forward. and yes, turbo is definitely helping. Obviously this is all affected by LX. As its not exactly reference iem lol, it does have an impact. And what im describing is extremely affected by synergy. And as you are HP listener it might have a significant difference in how we hear it.

But anyways. DX300 is unexpectedly a very pleasant synergy. And i was really thinking that it will be a simple decision which dap to keep. No chance. I am so confused. And it just gets worse as R8 is just getting better each day. Spent 18 hrs listening to R8 in 2 last days lol. Obviously not very critical listening as i was working but. Some things will always catch my attention when going throught known tracks.
Will give it some a\b tonight and then tomorrow i will spend all day with dx300. See how switching back to R8 will feel.

Oh what a joy! lol

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #3,911 of 14,593

Attachments

• 1D9581D9-D783-4B3B-AB02-5D94787E1147.jpeg
    1D9581D9-D783-4B3B-AB02-5D94787E1147.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 11, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #3,915 of 14,593
Not saying massive V shape and mids are quite good but treble and bass are a touch more forward. and yes, turbo is definitely helping. Obviously this is all affected by LX. As its not exactly reference iem lol, it does have an impact. And what im describing is extremely affected by synergy. And as you are HP listener it might have a significant difference in how we hear it.

But anyways. DX300 is unexpectedly a very pleasant synergy. And i was really thinking that it will be a simple decision which dap to keep. No chance. I am so confused. And it just gets worse as R8 is just getting better each day. Spent 18 hrs listening to R8 in 2 last days lol. Obviously not very critical listening as i was working but. Some things will always catch my attention when going throught known tracks.
Will give it some a\b tonight and then tomorrow i will spend all day with dx300. See how switching back to R8 will feel.

Oh what a joy! lol
I don’t think it will be a simple decision for you. Both R8 and DX300 are top quality. It may just come down to what flavour you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back