iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 6, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #3,695 of 14,596
Yeah mine doesn't fit at all. The forward and reverse button don't work, while in the case. I have to enjoy it naked. Has anyone found other case options?
The silicon case that a lot of people here have bought. @lumdicks posted his DX300 with this case in this post.

Link to the case:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...m=5261.ProductManageOnline.0.0.3be14edfdoeZoZ

Someone also mentioned that you can do expedited shipping for an extra cost. Just shoot the shop a message and they should be able to help you with this.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #3,696 of 14,596
I just realized we should be using a Usb-A to usb-C cable since we need to use Quick Charge 3.0

Not the PD port on the same charger that uses a usb-c to usb-c cable.

where is the tpu case?
Please see my post above for the silicon case of DX300. :)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #3,697 of 14,596
Does it mean anything technically? Sound coming through same outputs. Or, am I missing something about the setting. Sorry to keep asking.

all good. LO by-pass the Dx300 amp module and you use it to feed an external amp even though it’s the same jack. as volume is digitally controlled , you can set to 75-100.

PO is meant for your headphones or iems and driven the internal amp. If you have set to LO with volume 100, just remember to switch back to PO if you are driving iem or you will get your ears blasted.

Feb 6, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #3,698 of 14,596
Does it mean anything technically? Sound coming through same outputs. Or, am I missing something about the setting. Sorry to keep asking.
I believe the gain is digital as Ibasso previously had only 2 gain levels in earlier firmware, then later on allowed Medium as well. I also perceived that it started effecting the soundstage and performances in the later firmware for Dx220 and Max. I would stay with Low-Med gains. But that depends on the gears you have and your observations of the performances. Obviously if it doesn’t effect your use case, then it doesn’t matter anyways

Feb 6, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #3,699 of 14,596
It's really nice to see ibasso coming out with the frequent firmware updates to correct bugs and add features. The d300 is my first ibasso product and already they are putting out updates at a much faster clip than Astell & Kern (I'm coming from an sp1000m, which even when new had updates relatively infrequently.

Very glad to see the update address the amazon HD issue of seemingly playing everything at 48khz. However, it still seems like it may not be 100% sorted. Now the nitrate indicator in the menu bar at the top left of the screen shows 192khz (the highest bitrate offered) for any song played regardless of whether of not the file is actually a 192khz file (some ultra hd 24bit files are 192khz so then it is the actual bitrate, others are 96khz or 44.1khz, and non ultra HD songs are 16bit/44.1khz or lower for SD). Not sure whether the dap is now upsampling everything to 192khz or if they are actually playing bitperfect and this is just an indication that the dap supports the max bitrate. In tidal the bitrate indicator changes for whatever the song bitrate is. In the Amazon HD app, if you click on the file quality, it recognizes that the dap can play 192khz as before and says that the song is being played at the bitrate of the file, its just that that does not match the indicator at the top of the screen. Thoughts? I guess I'd rather up sampling than playing at a lower bitrate, but the ideal would be playing everything at native bitrate.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #3,700 of 14,596
all good. LO by-pass the Dx300 amp module and you use it to feed an external amp even though it’s the same jack. as volume is digitally controlled , you can set to 75-100.

PO is meant for your headphones or iems and driven the internal amp. If you have set to LO with volume 100, just remember to switch back to PO if you are driving iem or you will get your ears blasted.

So far my experience has been that when you pull out the Line Out and stick in a normal IEM cable, the DX300 is smart enough to recognize that and switches to the last PO volume you had on. Of course, I would still have a check in case for some reason that fails to happen.

What I would caution about LO is that it really drains the analogue battery especially when driving a desktop amp on balanced to balanced. I just placed an order for a longer USB C to USB C cable to charge as I am using the LO out to desktop headphone amp. :)

Feb 7, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #3,702 of 14,596
Just a few days in and this is just an excellent overall audio experience. The screen, the processor, the quad dac chip (I loved the DX160, so I am a fan of this CS chip), MQA decoding, improved Mango app:L3000::L3000:. The volume knob seems a weak point long term. My case doesn't fit. Battery life is as advertised. Mated to my Volt iems....I am DONE buying gear. Thanks to Paul@Ibasso.

Feb 7, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #3,703 of 14,596
Just a few days in and this is just an excellent overall audio experience. The screen, the processor, the quad dac chip (I loved the DX160, so I am a fan of this CS chip), MQA decoding, improved Mango app:L3000::L3000:. The volume knob seems a weak point long term. My case doesn't fit. Battery life is as advertised. Mated to my Volt iems....I am DONE buying gear. Thanks to Paul@Ibasso.
An excellent upgrade to Dx160 is not it?

Feb 7, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #3,704 of 14,596
An excellent upgrade to Dx160 is not it?

Ibasso should make a DX170, same dual chip, same screen, same amp intermals, just add the new processor, upgraded wifi antenna, at the same price and basically own both entry level and high end markets.

$1200 is a bit high for most, but "this time" the overall product is worth it in my analysis. Very well done Ibasso!

Feb 7, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #3,705 of 14,596
Ibasso should make a DX170, same dual chip, same screen, same amp intermals, just add the new processor, upgraded wifi antenna, at the same price and basically own both entry level and high end markets.

$1200 is a bit high for most, but "this time" the overall product is worth it in my analysis. Very well done Ibasso!

Yes, it is needed. Something similar to R6 2020. But the price of DX300 sits just in the middle of R6 2020 and R8. Let's see what iBasso will make out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back