iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 24, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #2,641 of 14,594
I know this isn’t usual... but if someone has the AirPods Max... does it benefit from using the DX300??

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #2,642 of 14,594
I don't want to hijack the thread but it also features 3 microSD card slots, 2 USB 3.0 connections for harddisk connection, has separated batteries (each 7000 mAh) for analog and digital sections and the batteries as replaceable. Again, I don't know how it performs but it is no joke.

https://gizaudio.com/yinlvmei-w1-windows-10-flagship-dap-released/

Price is also not bad:

https://hifigo.com/products/yinlvmei-w1-windows10-portable-music-player-dap-dual-ak4499-usb-dac
There is also the W0 which is smaller and more like a regular DAP.

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #2,643 of 14,594
I know this isn’t usual... but if someone has the AirPods Max... does it benefit from using the DX300??

As much as the giant storm in Jupiter affecting the "winds" when I am in bathroom. :) Joke aside, unfortunately it would not.

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #2,644 of 14,594
Still have this kind behavior in my surroundings.
in the end I am glad that you make peace, especially with ur self, and enjoy...

I remember well when having DX220 OTB, the sound was muddy, and getting better after burn in (the first time I believe it, I was a non Burn in believer...) but in time, if it make a difference and towards what I like, why don't I do it...

The sad part for me, I alrd lean on DX300 then my stack... and is not yet full burn in (50 hours), so i need to store my stack.. heheeh

It is actually interesting that I didn't even turn the EQ on on most of my DAPs, including iBasso DAPs. I wonder if Wavelet application works with DX300 without any quirks.

Jan 24, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #2,645 of 14,594
Now for the thing I hated the most about DX300 is the size! I just feel it’s totally absurd! I personally don’t have any need whatsoever for such a big screen (which by the way is stunning) on a DAP. This DAP is so big that it made my LP6 look like a midget!!! Seriously?!!! 😳
It’s actually very surprising, because the size doesn’t relate to its weight! It feels super light. You almost have the feeling the thing is hollow. :D It’s probably half the weight of LP6 and feels significantly lighter than LPGT TI which is a lot smaller.,

Julien

It's crazy how light this dap is. Really light to the point it would make me question if I am holding a plastic phone demo unit in a store.

It is crazy balanced in its weight too.

It is actually interesting that I didn't even turn the EQ on on most of my DAPs, including iBasso DAPs. I wonder if Wavelet application works with DX300 without any quirks.

I wonder if we use wavelet EQ are we still bypassing Android Auto?

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #2,647 of 14,594
I own the DX300 and reading all of this makes me wonder if it is the same player I own. I wish my R8 wasn't defective, I would love to compare R8, DX300, M8 and the SP2000. So frustrating for folks trying decide what to buy.
Oh thats too bad. As i would love to see how R8 compares to dx300. Its seems like another solid option.

Jan 24, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #2,648 of 14,594
Hey community,

2 questions
1. Balanced vs unbalanced tuning
Do DX300 owners recognize big differences in tunings of balanced vs unbalanced output?
On my DX220 max the tuning is recognizably different on my Denon_AH-D9200 making it so resolving and "into the face" that I often tend to go back to unbalanced out which is still resolving but more laid back in comparison.
This effect might be also strengthened by the forward character of my Denon phones.
My Audeze LCD-2s for example profit from the directness of the balanced out.
Topic for synergy of phone and amp (here even amp port 😉).
2. Synergy with Campfire Andromeda Gold
I love my Andro Golds which as was discussed earlier in this thread belong to the hiss master category 😉
As these IEMs scale their tuning very much with output impedance getting bassier below 1 ohm, I d like to know if DX300 owners enjoy listening with Andros on the DX300.
On the DX220 max they resolve very well but hiss more than I like plus are missing bass quantity.
With the before mentioned DX300 output impedance of 0,39 / 0,43 this should be an ideal match, but I d like to get some real life feedback from the forum if possible
Thx!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #2,649 of 14,594
Hey community,

2 questions
1. Balanced vs unbalanced tuning
Do DX300 owners recognize big differences in tunings of balanced vs unbalanced output?
On my DX220 max the tuning is recognizably different on my Denon_AH-D9200 making it so resolving and "into the face" that I often tend to go back to unbalanced out which is still resolving but more laid back in comparison.
This effect might be also strengthened by the forward character of my Denon phones.
My Audeze LCD-2s for example profit from the directness of the balanced out.
Topic for synergy of phone and amp (here even amp port 😉).
2. Synergy with Campfire Andromeda Gold
I love my Andro Golds which as was discussed earlier in this thread belong to the hiss master category 😉
As these IEMs scale their tuning very much with output impedance getting bassier below 1 ohm, I d like to know if DX300 owners enjoy listening with Andros on the DX300.
On the DX220 max they resolve very well but hiss more than I like plus are missing bass quantity.
With the before mentioned DX300 output impedance of 0,39 / 0,49 this should be an ideal match, but I d like to get some real live feedback from the forum if possible
Thx!
I should get my dx300 later this week and will let you know how it does with the Andro Gold and Solaris LE if you’d like

Jan 24, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #2,650 of 14,594
I should get my dx300 later this week and will let you know how it does with the Andro Gold and Solaris LE if you’d like
Are you going balanced?
Your feedback is much appreciated!

Jan 24, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #2,651 of 14,594
Jan 24, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #2,652 of 14,594
Balanced VS Unbalanced

The Dx300 is totally implemented as a balanced DAC system as a whole with 4 DAC-IC. Each DAC has it own +/- Rails, and that is 8 Rails in total for power supplies. Each DAC is dedicated to each signal line and that make it a L+ L- R+ R- per DAC chip.

The Amp module while can do all connections out, the Single Ended 3.5mm is connected toward the mainboard VIA an additional Ribbon cables, where both 2.5mm and 4.4mm Balanced out are Directly soldered on the board.

Technically, the SE will have to go through an additional differential stage to operate. So technically the Dx300 is superior in Balanced out VS Unbalanced....yes, hearing is believing and we all hear things differently. However, I would be surprised to see if anyone prefer SE over Balanced

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #2,653 of 14,594
Are you going balanced?
Your feedback is much appreciated!
I’m looking to get my DX300 later this week, looking forward to trying out my Campfire Audio ARA with a balanced Super Smoky Litz Cable. Should be some good times!!!

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #2,654 of 14,594
So technically the Dx300 is superior in Balanced out VS Unbalanced....yes, hearing is believing and we all hear things differently. However, I would be surprised to see if anyone prefer SE over Balanced
Believe me, Vince, I was quite surprised too (as the balanced cable was also not cheap), but to my ears and brain it's more than volume difference on the dx max. (Guess its balanced out is also spec-wise superior)
To my ears the balanced out is recognizably more resolving and direct into my ears
That can be a good thing depending maybe also on the phone synergy (as mentioned with my LCDs it's super) but with the Denons it's often too much so I was going back to unbalanced.

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #2,655 of 14,594
If anything just the power output difference between SE and balanced makes significant difference in dynamics.
Not sure if you can call that tuning difference though. Unless you count beefier bass in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back