iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 24, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #2,656 of 14,594
I own the DX300 and reading all of this makes me wonder if it is the same player I own. I wish my R8 wasn't defective, I would love to compare R8, DX300, M8 and the SP2000. So frustrating for folks trying decide what to buy.
A real shame indeed as that's the comparison I'm most interested in. Why do you say it's not the same player you own - don't you reckon it's more of a media player than a pure music player? Surely that screen size is overkill for a single function music player (or at least lends itself to being more versatile)?

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #2,657 of 14,594
20210124_193613.jpg

Love the black background, separation and Imaging. The biggest tick for me is it can drive fully this heavy @ss earbud without stack or desktop, so I can drive this daily and mobile...
not yet 75 hours...

Jan 24, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #2,658 of 14,594
Oh thats too bad. As i would love to see how R8 compares to dx300. Its seems like another solid option.
I love my R8 and should have DX300 early next week. Will try and burn-in DX300 before doing a fair comparison because R8 improved a lot for me over time as well-I’ll try and let ya know!

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #2,659 of 14,594
Is this a supposition because of the ADC/lightning-3.5mm cable? Or tried and tested to indeed not benefit the APMs?

As much as the giant storm in Jupiter affecting the "winds" when I am in bathroom. :) Joke aside, unfortunately it would not.

Jan 24, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #2,661 of 14,594
Update.
Not sure what happen the other day.
I think I should be getting 12hrs of play time.
Now I am turning the volume 75% and gain at mid level to monitor the play time.
I'm finding my amp battery to be lasting significantly longer than the digital one. Might be because I've been mostly using the DX300 in android mode.

Jan 24, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #2,663 of 14,594
So far I like the sound of the Max more than the DX300.

Very significant difference in presentation between the two platforms.

220Max seems clearer in mids. And everything resolves quicker.

While the dx300 presents things in a bigger stage, by (relatively) feeling like the mids are back; and then gets bloated from the bass. And treble is a step down, less air for stage, and less in-your-face.. It really feels like the dx300 is coming from a tube setup for headphone synergy. Like a Darkvoice 336 style of amp.

That SoC in the Dx300 is amazing. Loads and processes apps faster. Charging it is so convenient. The weight (oh my god the near perfect weight distribution balance).

Max loads apps quickly, but hiccups as soon as you need to do something in an app.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #2,664 of 14,594

Max seems clearer in mids. And everything resolves quicker.

While the dx300 presents things in a bigger stage. Relatively, the DX300 feels like it the mids are back and gets bloated from the bass. And treble is a step down and less in-your-face. It really feels like the dx300 is coming from a tube setup for headphone synergy.

That SoC in the Dx300 is amazing. Loads and processes apps faster. Max loads apps quickly, but hiccups as soon as you need to do something in an amp.
And you need both to complete the fam !!!

Jan 24, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #2,665 of 14,594

While the dx300 presents things in a bigger stage. Relatively, the DX300 feels like it the mids are back and gets bloated from the bass. And treble is a step down and less in-your-face. It really feels like the dx300 is coming from a tube setup for headphone synergy.

That SoC in the Dx300 is amazing. Loads and processes apps faster. Max loads apps quickly, but hiccups as soon as you need to do something in an amp.
The MAX does have more of a reference sound and and edge in clarity, but my DX300's presentation has opened up a lot over the past few days. My initial impression was that it had a very narrow soundstage. Now, however, with some more use, it no longer has that closed-in presentation. I feel that the DX300 has a more upfront presentation compared with MAX. Usability and ease of charging have me reaching more often for the DX300.

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #2,666 of 14,594

While the dx300 presents things in a bigger stage by relatively, the DX300 feels like it the mids are back; and then gets bloated from the bass. And treble is a step down, less air for stage, and less in-your-face.. It really feels like the dx300 is coming from a tube setup for headphone synergy. Like a Darkvoice 336 style of amp.

That SoC in the Dx300 is amazing. Loads and processes apps faster. Charging it is so convenient. The weight (oh my god the near perfect weight distribution balance).

Max loads apps quickly, but hiccups as soon as you need to do something in an app.

I wonder if you can stack DX300 digital out to MAX and get best of both? :ksc75smile:

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #2,667 of 14,594
I wonder if you can stack DX300 digital out to MAX and get best of both? :ksc75smile:
You could use both a Max and a DX300, one for each ear, with 2 sets of IEMs, again one for each ear, and IEM match based on individual ear hearing and device output profile. You would just need to press play at the same time.

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #2,668 of 14,594
You could use both a Max and a DX300, one for each ear, with 2 sets of IEMs, again one for each ear, and IEM match based on individual ear hearing and device output profile. You would just need to press play at the same time.

Or imagine a player with something like two boot modes, for two "sound signature" modes - almost sounds like the device with DACs from two companies, but I'm thinking of something on the same DAC :)

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #2,669 of 14,594
Future amp modules will give the option for different sound signature for the DX300, something which the Max is unable to do.

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #2,670 of 14,594
Future amp modules will give the option for different sound signature for the DX300, something which the Max is unable to do.

I don't mean anything negative, like the dx300 being worse than the Max. It is very different though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back