iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 15, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #1,981 of 14,596
Here is a quick battery update after a few charge/discharge cycles as I'm going through burn in and battery calibration.

Playing a mix of mp3/FLAC files from balanced 4.4mm, medium gain, wifi/BT off, display on and off to check the battery status, using IEMs with average sensitivity set at normal listening volume - I'm getting about 13hrs and 15min until Analog battery goes down to 0% and Digital is around 28%. Obviously, analog drains faster during playback while digital drains slower since wifi/bt and display are mostly off. Once analog is down to 0%, there is no sound, but DX300 still works fine since it got enough juice in the digital battery.
Please compare with HiBy R6 2020 when you do those two reviews :ksc75smile:

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #1,983 of 14,596
I left the dx300 burn in threw the night and was on its original charge. I am quick surprised how long lasting it is. It had wifi on and streaming all night and morning. Got 12 hours of playtime and 2hours of on screen very good results!

And boy it charges so fast. It replenishes much faster then R8 and M8 yea it has 6 000mwa but still much faster charged to 50% in less than an hour wow.

No sound impressions for now 😛

Is the P6 pro that good?
He is the right person to ask! He has both LPGT Ti and LP P6 Pro.
A simple yes...... :gs1000smile:

Soon I will know to how good is P6 Pro once @twister6 has dont playing with it 😛 so @MusicTeck can send me the unit to test 🤩😍

Jan 15, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #1,984 of 14,596
Oh man, if R8 is worse than R6-2020, then I think Hiby either failed at engineering or marketing or both. That would put it out of business so fast :wink:.
Really?!? Did you compare R6 2020 with M8?

Jan 15, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #1,986 of 14,596
Well, you have to keep in mind, Analog battery is 2000mAh while Digital is 4000mAh they have different capacity and theoretically Analog will charge faster. For example, I started charging back up from A 0% and D 28% and analog one was charging faster, surpassing digital after about 50-55%. But I think there could be some kind of an intelligent charging mechanism because I keep checking and while analog has been ahead, the gap narrowed down.

But there are too many factors to keep in mind based on your use. In my case I had wifi and BT off and display was mostly off, so you have more analog drain. For someone who is listening to music and multitasking while running other apps or browsing web or looking through album art, you will have additional digital drain. If you are streaming and using wireless headphones, you are possible putting more strain on digital than analog, and so on.

Knowing iBasso and how much testing they do, 2000mAh (A) and 4000mAh (D) are not random numbers and I'm sure it is based on various use scenarios. The best thing, you don't need 2 separate chargers like in MAX so it makes it more portable despite its phablet size. A few people asked me if I would consider it portable or transportable - I can say with 100% certainty it is portable. The size is big, but it is manageable. It it still thin enough and only 300g. MAX is shorter, but it is thicker and wider and weights 700g, that is transportable in my book :D Also, as many others already mentioned, despite some initial speculations from early pictures, the volume/power wheel is just perfect.

What would also be interesting in your reviews is the line out to BX2+ performances. I also have a BX2+ coming over next week. I am pretty much tired of this "internal amp" business. These days there are good portable powerful amp options (C9 is coming along) that would kick the b***s of many of those internal mini amplifiers - of course if that scenario works for the person. Then you can even be OK with a lesser DAP. I mean, look at this. This is the internals of BX2+ and it is portable:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/romi-audio-the-official-thread.945307/page-22#post-16107891

Maybe it is a bit off-topic but what do you think of your SP2000SS + BX2+ combo? And also would be great to hear for DX300 and R8.

Jan 15, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #1,987 of 14,596
Oh man, if R8 is worse than R6-2020, then I think Hiby either failed at engineering or marketing or both. That would put it out of business so fast :wink:.
I think he meant battery. No way R6 has the weight of sound but I suspect I'll be happy with it. I think I'll like the tonality of it but fully suspect the tangibility will be below these flagship models. $1200 seem quite reasonable here. If it was only smaller/lighter it would have been a borderline acceptable price for me. Same for IEMs. I feel I'm chasing my tail at some point because none of this approaches the satisfaction I get from (much more) expensive dedicated home kit. I also always have a pair of Quad 57s around somewhere.

So personal and what makes this fun. I totally get going TOTL for portable as it's cheap compared to home kit and it certainly does get better as budget increases.:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #1,988 of 14,596
Interesting. I had notification from ibasso of Dap being shipped in the beginning of week. Yet my tracking only nofitied me that its being diapatched now lol. Well it looks like i might get it at the same time as UK suppliers.
Oh well at least i will save a good chunk of money. AND i have iBasso CS at my side. No need to deal with 3rd party. So i consider it being worth it.

Jan 15, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #1,989 of 14,596
It's because you get a notification when label is created which I suspect is ahead of time to allow for batches to go out as fast as possible... mine also was stuck at label created for a couple of days and then DHL was lightning fast

Jan 15, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #1,990 of 14,596
Am I right in assuming we'll need to wait for ibasso to release amp cards for the DX300 as previous versions use a different form factor?

Supplementary question - would better Line Out quality potentially be achievable with a different card?

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #1,991 of 14,596
Am I right in assuming we'll need to wait for ibasso to release amp cards for the DX300 as previous versions use a different form factor?

Yep!

Jan 15, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #1,992 of 14,596
Supplementary question - would better Line Out quality potentially be achievable with a different card?

No, line out is line out from the dac.

Jan 15, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #1,993 of 14,596
No, line out is line out from the dac.
Line Out does bypass the internal amp completely? I've been under the impression Line Out functionality in most DAPs isn't achieved in the true sense of the term, that there is a compromise in implementation for some reason.

Jan 15, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #1,994 of 14,596
I suspect the amp cards have line amps for line out so it's possible there's slight differences or that a dedicated line card could be more optimized. a line out driving 2 paths tends to sound worse than a single dedicated one though resistor decoupling of one or both can help prevent the stages from interacting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back