iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 15, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #1,966 of 14,593
@Vitaly2017 I told you that you would be surprised, it's amazingly good :wink:

But we have different perception to me M8 bass has more power and authority to it but then again, DX300 is not burnt in yet so that out of the box unfair comparisons :wink:

On treble we agree I find DX300 has more energy in the lower treble but M8 is smoother and more extended up top.
We agree on soundstage, DX300 is mightly impressive and yes M8 is thicker with more body and weight to the mids with more separation... imaging and layering is pretty incredible as well on DX300 when I plug the Elysium.

So I told you, you'd keep it :wink:

If you have also listened to iBasso220max, could you make a comparison?

DX300 is smoother than DX220 Max to me and that's why I like it better. They share that pitch black background and zero hiss. MAX has more bass authority and is close to M8 there with snappy attack and cleaner decay and insane control where DX300 is excellent but not as exceptionnal to me. Again, not burnt in so I reserve my judgment down the line. Max has yet a bigger soundstage but both are king of stage ! Mids feel fuller on DX300 but most importantly much smoother in the upper mids region where the Max has more bite and I sometimes felt it was tiring and that's one of the reason I did sell it ultimately. Last but not least treble of Max is more like M8, smoother in the lower region, but more extended in the upper treble with more upper treble presence for the Max (also more than M8, DX300 being the less emphasized in terms of upper treble presence with more lower to upper treble balance though). Max has more resolution, like M8 both are top dogs. Not that DX300 is not highly resolving just less so by way of its more relaxed tuning. Max is more powerful as figures suggest but honestly DX300 has enough headroom for almost anything it's a powerful DAP.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #1,967 of 14,593
Ouch dx300 is super articulated even for something being out of the box I am extremely impressed.

I feel the bass as strong on M8 and dx300 they have same bass but dx300 has so much control that M8 dont even sound as clear now 🥺😰 what is going on. I suddenly love the dx300 bass more 🤔

The detail and clarity and the echoes that I hear is simply phenomenal wow.

So natural yet so musical with a nice warm taste yet transparent hmmm very very impressive ibasso
This so unexpected from a 0 hours of run and already sounding like a champ damnPXL_20210115_041145168.jpg
I have told you before Tiger..........
Not until you try P6 Pro..............

Jan 15, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #1,968 of 14,593
I demoed the DX300 the other day and kinda fell in love with it. The wide soundstage is what hit me first. The high end frequencies seems to have softer edges than my current DX160 (software Fidelized), yet the sound is full. Excited about this one.

Jan 15, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #1,969 of 14,593
People in Asia, where are you ordering from? (outside of mainland China shops please)

Jan 15, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #1,970 of 14,593
People in Asia, where are you ordering from? (outside of mainland China shops please)

Are you in Hong Kong?
They had stock available at Super King AV Centre. That is where I tried it. Shop in MK. 2391 5331

Jan 15, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #1,971 of 14,593

But we have different perception to me M8 bass has more power and authority to it but then again, DX300 is not burnt in yet so that out of the box unfair comparisons :wink:

On treble we agree I find DX300 has more energy in the lower treble but M8 is smoother and more extended up top.
We agree on soundstage, DX300 is mightly impressive and yes M8 is thicker with more body and weight to the mids with more separation... imaging and layering is pretty incredible as well on DX300 when I plug the Elysium.

DX300 is smoother than DX220 Max to me and that's why I like it better. They share that pitch black background and zero hiss. MAX has more bass authority and is close to M8 there with snappy attack and cleaner decay and insane control where DX300 is excellent but not as exceptionnal to me. Again, not burnt in so I reserve my judgment down the line. Max has yet a bigger soundstage but both are king of stage ! Mids feel fuller on DX300 but most importantly much smoother in the upper mids region where the Max has more bite and I sometimes felt it was tiring and that's one of the reason I did sell it ultimately. Last but not least treble of Max is more like M8, smoother in the lower region, but more extended in the upper treble with more upper treble presence for the Max (also more than M8, DX300 being the less emphasized in terms of upper treble presence with more lower to upper treble balance though). Max has more resolution, like M8 both are top dogs. Not that DX300 is not highly resolving just less so by way of its more relaxed tuning. Max is more powerful as figures suggest but honestly DX300 has enough headroom for almost anything it's a powerful DAP.
Nice one there. Really allow to get an idea of tonality.
I think it suggests that lean sounding iems will benefit from dx300 signature more than something warm and thick sounding.
But i might be wrong. It will all depend on how much tbicher it sounds compared to say dx220. Though what you said about mids, looks like its straying away from previous flagship signature. And its more of a dx160 v2 than dx220 v2 lol.

What could that possibly mean i wonder?.... :thinking: :thinking: :slight_smile:

Jan 15, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #1,972 of 14,593
Nice one there. Really allow to get an idea of tonality.
I think it suggests that lean sounding iems will benefit from dx300 signature more than something warm and thick sounding.
But i might be wrong. It will all depend on how much tbicher it sounds compared to say dx220. Though what you said about mids, looks like its straying away from previous flagship signature. And its more of a dx160 v2 than dx220 v2 lol.

What could that possibly mean i wonder?.... :thinking: :thinking: :slight_smile:
DX320

Jan 15, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #1,973 of 14,593
I demoed the DX300 the other day and kinda fell in love with it. The wide soundstage is what hit me first. The high end frequencies seems to have softer edges than my current DX160 (software Fidelized), yet the sound is full. Excited about this one.
If soundstage is what you are after, then MAX is the best from Ibasso.

Jan 15, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #1,974 of 14,593

Excellent pin points comparison between Max and M8 David!!! It is the same as what I found and I Agree to all counts. How is 300 soundstage vs M8 ?

Jan 15, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #1,975 of 14,593
If soundstage is what you are after, then MAX is the best from Ibasso.

The Max is a beauty, including in design in my eyes. However, Dx160 works well for me for size and portablility.
The DX300 was larger than I expected when I saw it for the first time, but I'm starting to accept it for what it has going for it. I think I would still find it portable enough.

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #1,976 of 14,593
Jan 15, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #1,978 of 14,593
Jan 15, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,980 of 14,593

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back