iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 12, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #1,726 of 14,596
Jan 12, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #1,727 of 14,596
I have returned my unit to my dealer for replacement as it is faulty and reboot unstoppedly. A factory reset and change of SD card did not help. Hope to get the replacement today and I shall share after a few days of burn in.
20210112_145957.jpg

I have just got the replacement unit and it works flawlessly. :beyersmile:
I suspect that my original unit has some faulty components as it sounded quite differently with this replaced unit. With the new one, the sound opens up with good extension of both bass and treble. Soundstage is huge and holographic with good resolution. Soundwise it is neutral and a bit warm, and the output is very powerful and energetic. Background is dark and the sound is very smooth without harshness. With a brief listening of an hour, there is no fatigue and very enjoyable.
Will let it burn it for a few days and see what is the sound change.

Jan 12, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #1,728 of 14,596
Newsflash - just watched HBB's video review and something promising caught my eye I thought I would share here.

Under the Display Settings menu there is the Alphabetic Scrolling Bar option at the bottom which can be enabled/disabled (looks like disabled is the default). Hoping that someone will turn this on and verify that this adds the sorely needed fast scrolling jump forward/backward capability that I have been pleading for in the DX220 threads since the DX220 came out. Kudos iBasso for listening and including this for the DX300.

Maybe there is hope we will see this added to a future DX220 FW update?

I know there are others out there that have been waiting to see this as well. Another big improvement would be scroll position retention in all navigation actions and across power off/on cycles so one always comes back to where they expect to be - or at least have this as an option in a settings menu. Can someone check on this and let me/us know what you find?

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 12, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #1,729 of 14,596
Newsflash - just watched HBB's video review and something promising caught my eye I thought I would share here.

Under the Display Settings menu there is the Alphabetic Scrolling Bar option at the bottom which can be enabled/disabled (looks like disabled is the default). Hoping that someone will turn this on and verify that this adds the sorely needed fast scrolling jump forward/backward capability that I have been pleading for in the DX220 threads since the DX220 came out. Kudos iBasso for listening and including this for the DX300.

Maybe there is hope we will see this added to a future DX220 FW update?

I know there are others out there that have been waiting to see this as well. Another big improvement would be scroll position retention in all navigation actions and across power off/on cycles so one always comes back to where they expect to be - or at least have this as an option in a settings menu. Can someone check on this and let me/us know what you find?

Cheers,
Tim
20210112_152643.jpg

20210112_152946.jpg

I enable it, restart the Mango Player but nothing changed on the scroll bar........

Jan 12, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #1,730 of 14,596
Someone said Neutron and UAPP dont play well with the DX300?

Jan 12, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #1,731 of 14,596
Someone said Neutron and UAPP dont play well with the DX300?
Seems that it was the issue of my previous faulty unit. I am using UAPP without any issue.

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #1,735 of 14,596
I personally really hope it does not sound anything like 1a. It was not for me at all.
I do not find it similar to 1A or 1Z indeed.

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #1,736 of 14,596
hmm, interesting, by far a lot of contradictions between early impressions.
I do not find it similar to 1A or 1Z indeed.
with the new unit, how is it against your P6Pro ?
Don't know about that but I have the player here and there are 5.
Should be similar to Dx160 for sure

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #1,737 of 14,596
In what way?
Tonally it was not my cup of tea. I know dx300 will not be at same technical like 1a so it does not worry me. But tonally al i remember is bloated bass, metallic treble and scooped out upper mids.
It obviously could have just been a poor synergy with my iems. But then my current iems are basically same tuning too. I am not going to trash wm1a as i know many like it. Though that kind of signature combined with not that stellar dynamics and average soundstage was not a combo for me personally.

So im hoping tonally dx300 will be more of ibasso house sound.

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #1,738 of 14,596
hmm, interesting, by far a lot of contradictions between early impressions.

with the new unit, how is it against your P6Pro ?

Should be similar to Dx160 for sure
They are quite different in sound signature. P6 Pro is very natural, resolving and analogue sounding player. Soundwise I find it very neutral and user will be dragged into music easily for prolonged period of listening. On the other hand, DX300 sounds more exciting and you can hear that it is very technical advanced. Background of P6 is darker so that all notes pop out clearly but for DX300, you can hear its power and push all notes with amazing outline and body.

I am not good at description so let's wait for comparison of @twister6 .

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #1,739 of 14,596
They are quite different in sound signature. P6 Pro is very natural, resolving and analogue sounding player. Soundwise I find it very neutral and user will be dragged into music easily for prolonged period of listening. On the other hand, DX300 sounds more exciting and you can hear that it is very technical advanced. Background of P6 is darker so that all notes pop out clearly.

I am not good at description so let's wait for comparison of @twister6 .
That is interesting to know and I think I know what you meant. Thanks for the impressions

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #1,740 of 14,596
I never had cirrious logic dac so I am noob with ther filters lol. Is there a chart somewhere?

Hey I found a cool video its not Jannie but also very neet hehe

She is one of the owners of Hifigo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back