iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 18, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #5,506 of 14,593
I really like the DX 300 but kinda feel cheated that literally days after buying it, I have to spend $250 to get it to sound as good as one I could get for the price I paid for mine.....
It is due to the global Chip shortage. You may feel cheated but the Amp11 MKI is no more. So it is kind of like an extremely rare module now. When you take into account that sound preferences is a thing, then I am sure you can list up your MKI for sale at used price. May be not at this moment, but when people is seeking for it.

It is a thing that everyone have to do to continue the innovations and productions.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #5,507 of 14,593
I really like the DX 300 but kinda feel cheated that literally days after buying it, I have to spend $250 to get it to sound as good as one I could get for the price I paid for mine.....
I have both. Vince really like the AMP11MKII but to be honest, they are different and I like the sound of the AMP11MKI. I like having it and if I didn't, and I had heard one, I would look for one.

Apr 18, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #5,508 of 14,593
I have both. Vince really like the AMP11MKII but to be honest, they are different and I like the sound of the AMP11MKI. I like having it and if I didn't, and I had heard one, I would look for one.
This is exactly the case! Just personal preferences. However, MKI is obsoleted and in a very small number. The MkII is all you can have.

So, if someone is about to go with MkII will still find buyer for MKI as the MKI is super rare now

Apr 18, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #5,509 of 14,593
This is why i was reluctant to post my initial findings before doing a final a/b after 100 hours.

is amp11mark2 better than amp11mark1?

Does it depend on ones sonic preferences?
Earphones/headphones used?
Type of music listened to?
Synergy of dap and amp module?
Burned in DX300 vs new DX300?
Listening at home or out and about?
Magical unicorn rainbow audio stickers?...

I dont know and wont have my final personal verdict for a few days.

For now its two voices. Mine and @whitiger blowing the trumpet.

This can happen in any thread for either enthusiasm or naysaying of a audio product - and the resultant sink or swim of the product (unfortunately)...and ripples, echos of voices repeating the same findings as factual, reor imagined.

The old head fi rule of dont comment unless you have geard it is still current and people without ready access to a shop rely on such impressions.
we can only hope they approach our own version of truth before we break out the credit card.

$50 bucks is $50 bucks and $500 bucks is a chunky chunk of change.

So lets wait and see what the other curious buyers who will end up having both have to say in a day or two.

could well be people are split on their opinion. Too early to call it either way.

But as Whitiger says the amp11mark1 will be the one people won’t have...and well eventually curiousity will take its course the other way for those buying DX300/amp11mark2 atm ...and one can probably easily sell it if need be.

For me i find the Amp11mark2 attractive and it draws me to listen to music more.
Others may find amp11mark1 is their drink of choice....

Lets wait and see before we collectively despair

:)

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #5,510 of 14,593
I am on very early impressions as I got my DX300 today. I used to have the MK1 version, returned it due to raving reviews about M8 and I thought it would suit my preferences perfectly. Afterwards, I realized I preferred DX300 MK1, but MK2 was out. Now that I have MK2, I actually prefer MK1 based on initial impressions. So if anyone is willing to sell their MK1 module, I am in the market to buy. Would be great if it's blue, but I am okay with either black or blue.

Apr 18, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #5,511 of 14,593
I am on very early impressions as I got my DX300 today. I used to have the MK1 version, returned it due to raving reviews about M8 and I thought it would suit my preferences perfectly. Afterwards, I realized I preferred DX300 MK1, but MK2 was out. Now that I have MK2, I actually prefer MK1 based on initial impressions. So if anyone is willing to sell their MK1 module, I am in the market to buy. Would be great if it's blue, but I am okay with either black or blue.
Sent you a PM

Apr 19, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #5,512 of 14,593
Okay, so I have one on the way. Can anyone please let me know - what gain setting and volume level does one have to keep it running with the burn in cable?

Also, I see there is a discussion about amp11 mk1 vs. mk2. Weren't they supposed to be same/similar? I mean according to iBasso (https://www.facebook.com/iBassoAudio/posts/4421581614537683), they had to make the mk2 because there was a shortage of components with which the MK1 was made.

Apr 19, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #5,513 of 14,593
Did anyone get netflix to work on the DX300?

Apr 19, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #5,514 of 14,593
My DX300 was confirmed to be MKII.
Exited and will report during the week once it's there.

Regarding former question, what is supposed to be equal in theory and then after implementation are 2 different things.
Actually physically even impossible to have them equal when using different hardware.

On the other side I am very curious as I had the original MK I and sent it back; now I have again some space for newly experimenting with my old and new gear and considering my taste (DX Max wishing for some additional warmth and smoothness) is similar to Vince's taste it could be a win for me now :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #5,515 of 14,593
Apr 19, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #5,517 of 14,593
@twister6 thank you for explaining what those digital filters are actually doing in your review. Greatly appreciate that. Kinda digging Medium Gain and Filter D4 with my W80's.

It was more of sound description how I hear it :) I'm sure the actual technical explanation of these digital filters would be painful to read :wink:

Apr 19, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #5,518 of 14,593
It was more of sound description how I hear it :) I'm sure the actual technical explanation of these digital filters would be painful to read :wink:
Trust me when I say it was as described. The technical white papers on the digital filters might be the cure for insomnia... I think you did an admirable job of condensing it into bullet points. I definitely enjoy reading your reviews.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #5,519 of 14,593
Apr 19, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #5,520 of 14,593
I don't know who needs to hear this... But The DX300 set to Digital Filter D4, Medium Gain, volume level 37, using Tidal with UAPP a Westone W80 and Sony MUC-M12SB1 is why you really must experience what is referred to as Synergy.. When everything compliments the music and presents it in the absolute best you've ever heard it manner.... Totally worth the coin I spent in this hobby in the last 4 years... Portable Nirvana! Absolutely pleased with this product @Paul - iBasso! Seriously special thank you to @twister6. Those little details about the filters resulted in auditory bliss.
20210419_095621_HDR.jpg

20210419_120354_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back