iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Oct 23, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #8,566 of 14,593
Dear all,

Searched for this and couldn't find anything....pretty sure I am doing something wrong/missing some step.
I got the DX300 + A12 today.
Does anyone know how to get the play/pause, ff, and rr buttons on the side to work with the screen off?
I have tried, it seems, everything. As soon as the screen is off, the buttons are inactive. The volume wheel works, though.
I have tried with Mango, Hiby, Hifi Cast.... the buttons don't work with any of them when the screen is off.
(And yes, the buttons are set to function with the screen off in Android Settings.)

Thanks in advance,
David
In the audio control button option,
"audio control buttons enabled after the screen is off" is well ticked?

Oct 24, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #8,567 of 14,593
Re: the side buttons on DX300 not working after screen is off.

Thanks for replies everyone. A second reset seems to have sorted out the problem and my side buttons now work. I have some other weirdnesses to share, but first let me say that I find this player to be fantastic and i have no regrets. My very first DAP was a DX50, then I went AK120ii, AK380, and then FiiO M11Pro. I am happy to be back with iBasso.

I knew when I saw the DX300, the size and form factor were exactly what I was looking for, and the watts and volts were what my Arya and LCD2 were looking for. When I learned the specs of the AMP12, it was time to buy. None of us are disappointed. I am frankly amazed at the sound quality, especially from the Arya. I thought I was far too jaded to ever get that distracted, frowning, holy-crap expression as I hear things anew in my favorite recordings. One of these is an eighth, ultra-low decaying bass note in the riff to Underworld's "River of Bass" track. I am also finding all kinds of new fascination with Bill Evan's Some Other Time album re-release.

I gotta say though, Mango is not ready for prime time.

- In Android mode, it constantly freezes and I get a helpful message saying "Mango keeps quitting" or something similar. And this is playing files from the DX300's internal drive, not the SD.

- I use Hifi Cast to send audio via wifi to my speaker system. When I quit Hifi Cast and open Mango, it does this bizarre thing where Mango plays a track, but if I use the side buttons to skip to the next track or skip back to the previous track, the DX300 starts playing the next or previous song from Hifi Cast. I feel like my DX300 is haunted.

- With headphones, I would prefer to use the DX300 as a dedicated music player, ie, in Mango OS mode similar to FiiO's Pure Muisic mode, or the AK's bespoke software. But Mango is unusable this way, for me. I only have around 80 GB of music files installed, but scrolling is impossible - if I gently try to move up or down a few tracks or albums, the UI jumps 50% of the way, passing dozens of artists, songs, or albums. The only way I can navigate is in folder mode. And why am I forced to use one of its 3 garish, too-bright wallpapers? I do not want to see that distorted, blurry image every single time I look at the player. They should at least have the option for no wall paper. Mango wallpaper is customizable in Android mode, so why not in Mango mode? Or am I missing something?

Anyway, these gripes aside, it's a killer piece of gear.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #8,569 of 14,593

Thanks for replies everyone. A second reset seems to have sorted out the problem and my side buttons now work. I have some other weirdnesses to share, but first let me say that I find this player to be fantastic and i have no regrets. My very first DAP was a DX50, then I went AK120ii, AK380, and then FiiO M11Pro. I am happy to be back with iBasso.

I knew when I saw the DX300, the size and form factor were exactly what I was looking for, and the watts and volts were what my Arya and LCD2 were looking for. When I learned the specs of the AMP12, it was time to buy. None of us are disappointed. I am frankly amazed at the sound quality, especially from the Arya. I thought I was far too jaded to ever get that distracted, frowning, holy-crap expression as I hear things anew in my favorite recordings. One of these is an eighth, ultra-low decaying bass note in the riff to Underworld's "River of Bass" track. I am also finding all kinds of new fascination with Bill Evan's Some Other Time album re-release.

- In Android mode, it constantly freezes and I get a helpful message saying "Mango keeps quitting" or something similar. And this is playing files from the DX300's internal drive, not the SD.

- I use Hifi Cast to send audio via wifi to my speaker system. When I quit Hifi Cast and open Mango, it does this bizarre thing where Mango plays a track, but if I use the side buttons to skip to the next track or skip back to the previous track, the DX300 starts playing the next or previous song from Hifi Cast. I feel like my DX300 is haunted.

- With headphones, I would prefer to use the DX300 as a dedicated music player, ie, in Mango OS mode similar to FiiO's Pure Muisic mode, or the AK's bespoke software. But Mango is unusable this way, for me. I only have around 80 GB of music files installed, but scrolling is impossible - if I gently try to move up or down a few tracks or albums, the UI jumps 50% of the way, passing dozens of artists, songs, or albums. The only way I can navigate is in folder mode. And why am I forced to use one of its 3 garish, too-bright wallpapers? I do not want to see that distorted, blurry image every single time I look at the player. They should at least have the option for no wall paper. Mango wallpaper is customizable in Android mode, so why not in Mango mode? Or am I missing something?

I know that's a relief. :) From what I've read the sound differences between Mango Player (which works smoothly for me) and Mango OS are negligible, and I like Mango Player's inclusion of parametric EQ. But moving on now to Neutron for Android; unbelievable EQ and PEQ, and I'm happy to have Crossfeed, too.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #8,571 of 14,593
Oct 24, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #8,572 of 14,593

Yes DX312 is something special with the Arya. When I consider that I purchased the DX312 for travel and OTG listening with my Radiance and newly acquired FD7 I was surprised how great it was with the Arya.
If you like guitar try Chris Jones Moonstruck or Niles Lofgren live on the Arya DX312 combo.

Oct 24, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #8,574 of 14,593
Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #8,575 of 14,593
One of my biggest UX complaints is you don't know if the current song is already in a playlist unless you go to the playlist and check. And you still cannot reorder songs in playlists. I wish iBasso improved the UX and added one click buttons with shortcuts to different player features like playlists or swipe actions like Sony does it. To navigate anywhere, it takes more effort than it should.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #8,576 of 14,593
I wonder how many stylus users there are....
You just inspired me to find and charge my Huawei stylus (that I never use). I don't expect it to work with the DX300, but if it does I will be very happy. If not, I will definitely get one of those universal versions - it's a great idea.

Oct 25, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #8,577 of 14,593
Repost from the Official iBasso DX240 thread for those wondering about

iBasso DX240 versus DX300:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ew-dac-es9038pro.959528/page-14#post-16627653
——————————————

Out and about :)
…whilst Tokyo covid-19 daily numbers are under approx 30 a day or so. Still masked up etc…

B4636CAD-9D5F-4441-ADF0-82D7BC4C680A.jpeg

DX240/amp8, android mango/D4/G1 & Campfire Audio Andromeda Gold. ddhifi case.

Todays ‘R’ bonus:
https://www.headpie.net/2021/10/ibasso-dx240-review-expatinjapan.html?m=1

<<< DX240 review is finished

Oct 25, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #8,578 of 14,593
Repost from the Official iBasso DX240 thread for those wondering about

iBasso DX240 versus DX300:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ew-dac-es9038pro.959528/page-14#post-16627653
——————————————

Out and about :)
…whilst Tokyo covid-19 daily numbers are under approx 30 a day or so. Still masked up etc…

B4636CAD-9D5F-4441-ADF0-82D7BC4C680A.jpeg

DX240/amp8, android mango/D4/G1 & Campfire Audio Andromeda Gold. ddhifi case.

Todays ‘R’ bonus:
https://www.headpie.net/2021/10/ibasso-dx240-review-expatinjapan.html?m=1

<<< DX240 review is finished
Nice job!

Oct 25, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #8,580 of 14,593
One of my biggest UX complaints is you don't know if the current song is already in a playlist unless you go to the playlist and check. And you still cannot reorder songs in playlists. I wish iBasso improved the UX and added one click buttons with shortcuts to different player features like playlists or swipe actions like Sony does it. To navigate anywhere, it takes more effort than it should.
You can change the order when you are in Now Playing.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    535.6 KB · Views: 0
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back