iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 12, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #2,462 of 5,022
If your files are 44.1 or 48Khz.

If it is 384, then set 2X

If it is 192, then set 4X

If it is 96, then 8X

I recommend to organize files to folders, and then play accordingly to OS setting
Dang, this is just too much trouble! Just how much difference is this going to make to the music, man? I mean, for someone who thinks Apple Lossless is a scam (can't hear no diff from Lossy!), is it going to matter? Can I just stick the files in those super Micron i300 (not CS) cards and voila! Music is served...

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #2,463 of 5,022
Dang, this is just too much trouble! Just how much difference is this going to make to the music, man? I mean, for someone who thinks Apple Lossless is a scam (can't hear no diff from Lossy!), is it going to matter? Can I just stick the files in those super Micron i300 (not CS) cards and voila! Music is served...
I am with you. I am not going to change settings for each source. I am going to do a reset to defaults, add follow source frequency and let er rip.

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #2,464 of 5,022
You certainly can benefit from Neutron without OS :), even with NOS on Dx300 still sees benefits

I need someone to verify if Neutron can perhaps automatically adjust. If it can, then 16X and leave it there will be awesome

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #2,465 of 5,022
You certainly can benefit from Neutron without OS :), even with NOS on Dx300 still sees benefits

I need someone to verify if Neutron can perhaps automatically adjust. If it can, then 16X and leave it there will be awesome
I uploaded above my settings: frequency stays at “default”, switch on “Follow source frequency”, set OS to 16x, and I’m all the time on highest rate. For DSD playing I have enabled “Native DSD”, so, DSD plays without any conversion.

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #2,466 of 5,022
Can one Stream Amazon HD or Tidal through Neutron on the 3MAX? If so, what's the setup?

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #2,468 of 5,022
No, there are no supported streaming services in NMP.
Thanks for your info. Enjoying listening to SD Card files so not a massive issue. It's a pretty good App this Neutron. Very good sounds over and above Mango.

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #2,470 of 5,022
Thanks for your info. Enjoying listening to SD Card files so not a massive issue. It's a pretty good App this Neutron. Very good sounds over and above Mango.
Yes, IMO it has been the best Android Music player for a long, long time. Not the prettiest UI but sounds great.

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #2,471 of 5,022
Oh! Perhaps for 2Max @DaYooper , you can go to setting >> audio hardware >>> frequency >>> 384Khz. Then Neutron OS will OS accordingly

There is no need to manually adjust OS in the bar, you can set frequencies and leave it be to the highest 16X if you like @subguy812 and @efftee

Thanks @behemothkat , will update my article

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #2,473 of 5,022
Sep 12, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #2,475 of 5,022
Stainless were tuned to be the best performer by Ibasso team
Whatever the difference between the SS & Ti units, it should be mainly in the amp board, because when I checked, that the difference in conductance between SS & Ti is very close to each other:

Electrical Conductivity:
Copper 100%
Aluminum 30%
Stainless steel 3.5%
Titanium 3.1%

The SS & Ti are both far, far away from copper & aluminum chassis.

So I'm thinking the SS chassis actually is probably very close to Ti chassis in sound...
And so, maybe a board swap would make either one sound very similar to the other, whatever that sound is.

If this speculation is true, then those that have Ti & want SS sound while retaining the lighter chasis, may just be able by swapping the boards.
Or if an SS owner may want a Ti sound then possible if there was some type process to get Ti board upgrade.

Edit**
Actually I am wrong. I have been convinced (im PMs) that the audio boards are actually tunned to the strengths/traits of the chassis, because that the density and other aspects of the metal change the outcome..

So far, in general I have observed these traits on the types of metal chassis influences:

Copper~ thicker sounding.
Aluminum~ brighter sounding.
Stainless Steel~ neutral sounding.
Titanium~???? But said to be more "airy" sounding.

Or you can just wait for the next products as Ibasso keeping up with demands and business, I am sure the innovations will not just stop here. It can only get better
Unfortunately in last few weeks, there have been more arson fires in major big chip plants in Asia, so I see more shortages ahead.

I'm thinking this is the peak of companies "price-to-performance" range of products. Then we will see more supply issues in future ahead...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back