iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 12, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #2,432 of 5,022
I’ve attached screenshots earlier, when I enable OS I have unchecked “Follow source frequency”, but enabling it does not make any change, NMP stays on OS frequency.
Hmmm.... so how does one achieve the 768khz (it did it once on my 3MAX but never returned) that Witigir quotes in his setup notes of Neutron I wonder? It's not massive deal breaker or issue but would like like to achieve the MAX of the 3MAX, awesome that it is currently anyhows...

Sep 12, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #2,433 of 5,022
Hmmm.... so how does one achieve the 768khz (it did it once on my 3MAX but never returned) that Witigir quotes in his setup notes of Neutron I wonder? It's not massive deal breaker or issue but would like like to achieve the MAX of the 3MAX, awesome that it is currently anyhows...
Did you define DAP maximum capability? image.jpg
I mean, uncheck “Follow source frequency “ and select 768 maximum.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #2,434 of 5,022
Ah....no... I didn't. So one has to vary/adjust a little to the recommended instructions of Whitigir. If I remember correctly, one has to disable something (Follow Frequency) to enable one to choose the maximum frequency you are relating to? I'm giving it a go now.....

Sep 12, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #2,435 of 5,022
Ah....no... I didn't. So one has to vary/adjust a little to the recommended instructions of Whitigir. If I remember correctly, one has to disable something (Follow Frequency) to enable one to choose the maximum frequency you are relating to? I'm giving it a go now.....
Yes, that I was meant (I edited my above message). But for me “follow source frequency” works like a charm and NMP detects properly max DAP capabilities.

Sep 12, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #2,436 of 5,022
No... didn't work. Turned off 'Follow Source Frequency' selected maximum frequency manually at 768000. No change. Turned off OS. No change other than reducing kHz. Tried all variations, remembering to tick changes, can't achieve 768khz again. Weird... thanks for your help though...

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #2,439 of 5,022
Has anyone had any problem checking out at this store? I have been trying for a couple days with Paypal and it has returned an error message every time. I tried to click on the 'report to webmaster' link and that doesn't load!
No problems encountered from the UK ordering side. Placed order and was given all formats of payment options including PayPal. Paid via credit card and all confirmed. Fingers crossed for you.

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #2,440 of 5,022
I managed to get in touch with digikey (which is not only cheaper than mouser, but also has the 512 in stock). Apparently, to use Paypal (which I prefer for reasons of security and mostly too lazy to key in credit card info all over again), I had to be registered. I think that's just some excuse to get on their spam list but no matter, I registered anyway, and now have to wait a few hours for to be verified (I guess that I am a real live nut who thinks micron cards actually produce better sound or not some tech thief from China), and hopefully, the cards would be on their way!

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #2,441 of 5,022
Exactly that, nowadays to buy things you almost have to sign up for anything just to receive spam crap. I went to buy socks the other day, they asked for postcode and email address etc. I just said I wanted to buy these bloody socks and scoot off gosh darn it. 'oh it's just for our database' get nuffed, I'll buy my socks from somewhere else then

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #2,442 of 5,022
768Khz will only show for 192Khz or 48Khz. The multiplication factors will have to be correctly of 2X, 4X, 8X, 16X.

If you have 44.1 @16x you will only see 705.6Khz and that is normal

If you are using 192Khz and @16X. You will see 705.6Khz due to Truncated mathematical model. This will degrade sounds. If so, reduce the Oversampling to 4

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #2,443 of 5,022
Exactly that, nowadays to buy things you almost have to sign up for anything just to receive spam crap. I went to buy socks the other day, they asked for postcode and email address etc. I just said I wanted to buy these bloody socks and scoot off gosh darn it. 'oh it's just for our database' get nuffed, I'll buy my socks from somewhere else then
Yeah... you 'sock' it to 'em! Those 'darned' socks need an email address so they can join the spam 'thread'.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #2,444 of 5,022
The higher the resolutions of your file source “recordings”. The better the performances if you have these 2 elements

1/ MicronSD I-300 or EDGE

2/ Neutron as set at correct OverSampling factors. Do not worry about the maximize 16x. Even at 4X, you will still hear 192Khz recording to be superior than 44.1@16X.

The most important thing here is to make sure that you don’t encounter “truncated result”….aka 192 into 705.6 is a truncated of 48Khz down to 44.1 then multiply 16X. This is a no no

Also, if you love EDM like me and DAFT. With all those elements accounted for, go ahead and use Neutron, you have never heard such performances.

The reason is that classical music were stuck at 75Db Dynamic range by microphones recording. The Computer and digital synthetic can reproduce at 95DB and even higher!!!

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #2,445 of 5,022
768Khz will only show for 192Khz or 48Khz. The multiplication factors will have to be correctly of 2X, 4X, 8X, 16X.

If you have 44.1 @16x you will only see 705.6Khz and that is normal

If you are using 192Khz and @16X. You will see 705.6Khz due to Truncated mathematical model. This will degrade sounds. If so, reduce the Oversampling to 4
So set the 768Khz @16x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back