iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Aug 16, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #796 of 5,022
Disclaimer: Sensitive and Subjective objects! Don’t read on if you don't agree that MicroSD card can effect sound performance
Sandisk Edge is even better than the Pro Ultra: The best in Dynamic, bass is greatly articulated and superb separations with vivid trebles details, and with all of that, improved soundstage in all axis.

The only down size is that it is expensive and capped out at 400Gb

Each MicroSD is more than just a card, you can see this block diagram. Then most importantly is the interfaces between them, and how accurate the data info are being retrieved, or how the algorithms can recover errors, the buffer, the voltage read, etc…. The higher the sensitivities of your player, the higher the degree of observation. You definitely observe it with 2Max (220Max)

For example, if I write “I” . Could you tell if that was a lower case L or is it capital i? That is where an error happened and the algorithms would try to overcome it. Errors can come in many way, could be vibrations, could be voltage fluctuations, could be cell interferences, could be EMI interferences….etc. Each of the brand has it own patented ways to print and manage these cells, also together with the program managing in a whole. This makes me repeat what @Paul - iBasso mentioned, the programming and algorithms is the heart of the FPGA , and Ibasso has it with dual OS, Mango and Android, so far not even AK manage to do so
18E560E3-15BA-4CC8-98EA-502D120FE7D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #797 of 5,022
400 here...

Shall we kick off a DX300MAX Register base for some fun? DarginMahkum kicks it off with owner number 400. Will be interesting to see who has 007... they will be a very special Agent!

Attachments

• 20210816_125134.jpg
    20210816_125134.jpg
    878 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #798 of 5,022
Disclaimer: Sensitive and Subjective objects! Don’t read on if you don't agree that MicroSD card can effect sound performance
Sandisk Edge is even better than the Pro Ultra: The best in Dynamic, bass is greatly articulated and superb separations with vivid trebles details, and with all of that, improved soundstage in all axis.

The only down size is that it is expensive and capped out at 400Gb

Each MicroSD is more than just a card, you can see this block diagram. Then most importantly is the interfaces between them, and how accurate the data info are being retrieved, or how the algorithms can recover errors, the buffer, the voltage read, etc…. The higher the sensitivities of your player, the higher the degree of observation. You definitely observe it with 2Max (220Max)

For example, if I write “I” . Could you tell if that was a lower case L or is it capital i? That is where an error happened and the algorithms would try to overcome it. Errors can come in many way, could be vibrations, could be voltage fluctuations, could be cell interferences, could be EMI interferences….etc. Each of the brand has it own patented ways to print and manage these cells, also together with the program managing in a whole. This makes me repeat what @Paul - iBasso mentioned, the programming and algorithms is the heart of the FPGA , and Ibasso has it with dual OS, Mango and Android, so far not even AK manage to do so
18E560E3-15BA-4CC8-98EA-502D120FE7D1.jpeg
Holy Moly!! Really? I need to look into this now and may need to migrate SD Cards. I'd need to import the 'Edge' though as in the UK we stop at 'Pro' I believe.

Aug 16, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #800 of 5,022
So it's here and just setting up and have a few quick questions - are you guys setting the digital volume to a fixed number and playing with the analogue? I can't seem to get any sound through UAAP - anything I am missing? But I'm assuming playing natively through tidal/qobuz bypasses the android mixer crap?
Be very careful with that, as on DX300 playing a DSD file with UAPP causes horrible noise coming through the HPs - not a nice feeling for the ears.

Aug 16, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #801 of 5,022
Sandisk Edge is categorized as in Industrial usages. Try Mouser as these Edges won’t be available for the mass consumers
Holy Moly!! Really? I need to look into this now and may need to migrate SD Cards. I'd need to import the 'Edge' though as in the UK we stop at 'Pro' I believe.

Aug 16, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #803 of 5,022
Sandisk Edge is categorized as in Industrial usages. Try Mouser as these Edges won’t be available for the mass consumers
Just bought myself a 128GB SanDisk Edge from within the UK (thanks Whitigir) as this was the highest capacity available and there is a 20 week + wait for 200GB, 256GB and 400GB. Pretty pricy so getting a 128GB will be a good test before making a commitment.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #804 of 5,022
A big thanks from me as well, purchased a 128gb to try out as they ship to Australia. More money spent and I am still waiting for my max to turn up, in the post since last Wednesday 😒

Aug 16, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #805 of 5,022
A big thanks from me as well, purchased a 128gb to try out as they ship to Australia. More money spent and I am still waiting for my max to turn up, in the post since last Wednesday 😒
that must be pure torture.

Aug 16, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #806 of 5,022
The clarity and positioning of the mids are just something I have never heard before on a DAP. I am listening through Kennerton Rögnir, music is my favorite Hendrix jazz fusion cover album, amazing. I think this could be the best portable match also for Solitaire HPs - I will check later...

Aug 16, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #807 of 5,022
is it really that much better than the dx220 max?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back