iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Oct 6, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #4,666 of 5,047
Do you mean that you fails to login to Google Play Store?
Try reboot the 300MAX first, then login again. If it doesn't work, wait for an hour or two, then login again.

This may help you.
Managed to get it thru APKPure but it doesn't flip the screen 180deg in portrait mode. It only flips to landscape (sometimes).

Oct 6, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #4,667 of 5,047
Managed to get it thru APKPure but it doesn't flip the screen 180deg in portrait mode. It only flips to landscape (sometimes).
It works for me. The screen can be rotated 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees.
Please make sure both ADVANCED settings are "Allowed" in Settings-->Apps & notifications-->Rotation Control.

[ADDED] Depending on the app, there may be restrictions on the orientation that can be auto-rotated. In such case, manual rotation may work to rotate the screen to the desired orientation.

RoatationControlSettings.JPG

0-90-180-270.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #4,668 of 5,047
It works for me. The screen can be rotated 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees.
Please check the both of ADVANCED settings are "Allowed" in Settings-->Apps & notifications-->Rotation Control.

[ADDED] Depending on the app, there may be restrictions on the orientation that can be auto-rotated. In such case, manual rotate mode on the Rotation Control may work to rotate the screen to the desired rotation.

RoatationControlSettings.JPG

0-90-180-270.JPG
Many thanks again - just managed to get this app working. Had to do a full reset of the 300Max.

Oct 6, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #4,669 of 5,047
Neutron Player (v2.21.1) needs some fixes for the 300MAX with Android11. It will be fixed with the next update.

Before the official release, I received the latest DEV version from the developer Dmitry. I can share it for paid Neutron users.
Please let me know via PM if you are interested.

EDIT:
Neutron Player v2.21.2 with better support for iBasso DX170, DX240, DX300MAX, and DX320 has been released.
https://neutroncode.com/downloads/file/2-neutronmpapkarm64
https://neutroncode.com/downloads/category/4-player

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #4,670 of 5,047
Anyone know if DX300 will have the ability to have Android 11?

This seems like great news for the 3Max longevity and 3Max Ti also.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #4,671 of 5,047
BTW, does anyone notice more noticeable difference in sound on the FW2.01 between the Ultimate mode ON and OFF?
To my ears with the DX300MAX Ti, I feel:
- Ultimate ON: more smooth and neutral, the treble is slightly suppressed.
- Ultimate OFF: more crisp and brighter, it's (almost) same as the FW1.03. (There were no noticeable difference to me between the Ultimate ON and OFF on the FW1.03.)
I have exactly the same observations on the SS version. I was surprised how tangible the difference turned out to be.

Oct 9, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #4,672 of 5,047
I am not sure if this is a matter of new firmware but I can finally hear the difference between filters. Not that I could tell which is which in a blind test. 😉 But for instance I find Super Slow Roll-off to be more crisp than Short Delay Sharp Roll-off which sounds a bit boxy in AB comparison.

Have you got any findings in this matter?

Oct 10, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #4,673 of 5,047
I am not sure if this is a matter of new firmware but I can finally hear the difference between filters. Not that I could tell which is which in a blind test. 😉 But for instance I find Super Slow Roll-off to be more crisp than Short Delay Sharp Roll-off which sounds a bit boxy in AB comparison.

Have you got any findings in this matter?
Glad that you admitted yourself that you couldn't tell which is which in a blind test.

Tbh, I never cared about filters. If possible, I always went for NOS, but otherwise I'd always go for short delay and sharp roll-off. Now, looking through my DX300 MAX review, the Super Slow Roll-Off filter makes the most sense...

I have no reason to update, so I will not, but I think I'll be using the D5 (Super Slow Roll-Off) filter from now on. I am not in the mood now to listen to whether or not it makes a difference, but it's definitely something I will want to play around with in the future. Thank you for influencing this awakening in me 😂

Oct 10, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #4,674 of 5,047
Glad that you admitted yourself that you couldn't tell which is which in a blind test.

Tbh, I never cared about filters. If possible, I always went for NOS, but otherwise I'd always go for short delay and sharp roll-off. Now, looking through my DX300 MAX review, the Super Slow Roll-Off filter makes the most sense...

I have no reason to update, so I will not, but I think I'll be using the D5 (Super Slow Roll-Off) filter from now on. I am not in the mood now to listen to whether or not it makes a difference, but it's definitely something I will want to play around with in the future. Thank you for influencing this awakening in me 😂
Hell, blind** is how a lot of magicians is performing their magics. It is amazing how the brain works, and cutting one of it regular senses off, would throw it off balances, and it would easily be confused. It is as simple as that

This phenomenal is well known to sport teams. Playing the same sport, under the same rules, even given the same weather conditions, stadium and grass conditions, but if that is not what the brain is used to train on, they respond slower, and easily getting confused. Therefore, World-Cup and sport events always have the Home team to have an edge….Always*

Blind test is not reliable, based on how our senses and brains are working.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #4,675 of 5,047
Blind test is not reliable, based on how our senses and brains are working.
This is a very complex subject, but in short, I don't agree.

For example, someone like myself, someone who is purely looking to give people a valid critical evaluation, has no expectation and is not used to anything in particular. I am just taking in what my ears are hearing, comparing it to what my ears heard a couple of seconds ago (because human auditory memory is unreliable and short), and I write the differences. However, this is not a blind test, so I guess it's cheating. However, I do not have bias beforehand where I think that A device sound better than B device. I just take in what my ears are hearing, no matter how ugly the truth is. I'm here to give people the truth.

A blind test can put extra pressure on someone and they might feel pressured into making up a difference (I mentioned this a million of times, and it's a studied thing in psychology: a group of individuals were given a pair of two identical pairs of jeans, and when told to find the differences, their brains made up false differences). To that extent, you are correct. Psychology, biology, and our brain are all extremely complex. I always say, our brains can do some pretty crazy crap, and most audiophiles don't want to accept that. Our field is just about unknown, but if you take the time to study and learn about psychology, you can learn that our brain and our mind can do some insane stuff that's way more complex than what we are talking about here.

I think that this subject always takes a ton of explanation, but never leads to anywhere, so I won't go any further than this lol. I remember writing paragraphs, bibles, about this stuff... Nope, not going that route.

Oct 10, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #4,676 of 5,047
This is a very complex subject, but in short, I don't agree.

For example, someone like myself, someone who is purely looking to give people a valid critical evaluation, has no expectation and is not used to anything in particular. I am just taking in what my ears are hearing, comparing it to what my ears heard a couple of seconds ago (because human auditory memory is unreliable and short), and I write the differences. However, this is not a blind test, so I guess it's cheating. However, I do not have bias beforehand where I think that A device sound better than B device. I just take in what my ears are hearing, no matter how ugly the truth is. I'm here to give people the truth.

A blind test can put extra pressure on someone and they might feel pressured into making up a difference (I mentioned this a million of times, and it's a studied thing in psychology: a group of individuals were given a pair of two identical pairs of jeans, and when told to find the differences, their brains made up false differences). To that extent, you are correct. Psychology, biology, and our brain are all extremely complex. I always say, our brains can do some pretty crazy crap, and most audiophiles don't want to accept that. Our field is just about unknown, but if you take the time to study and learn about psychology, you can learn that our brain and our mind can do some insane stuff that's way more complex than what we are talking about here.

I think that this subject always takes a ton of explanation, but never leads to anywhere, so I won't go any further than this lol. I remember writing paragraphs, bibles, about this stuff... Nope, not going that route.
First of all, you and I have similar way to distinct the differences :wink:.

Yes, the Brain can do some insane stuff, for example, seeing a passed away relative walking down the hall way. Simply because they have seen that scenarios millions of times before. It could be just a piece of plastic bag flying in a low visible condition….or it could be that the brain were lacking something, most of the time Oxygen, or under influences (whether self-induced by hormonal imbalances, or other external drugs). They all have a common points, either one of the senses are cut off, or under influences. Being blind folded is both being under influences and cutting off senses…..So, no, Blind test is Unreliable. I do agree that our memory overall is not reliable on a technical level , then why would you want to make it to be even more unreliable LoL ?

I agree about the subject, it is for another topic LOL!

Oct 10, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #4,677 of 5,047
Yes, the Brain can do some insane stuff, for example, seeing a passed away relative walking down the hall way.
That's basically the mildest of the things it can do. Like that's not even the tip of the iceberg.

I couldn't find any info on this, but I do remember reading a while back about spiritual people having so much control over their body, mind, and brain that they could consciously secrete certain chemicals/hormones that would get them in a high state (much like a psychedelic drug would). Without any citation or things like that, what I just wrote remains valueless.

However, take Wim Hoff as an example. Perfect example of doing insane things just by being in control.

I'm just a normal dude that A/B tests as fast as possible to find out if there's any audible difference between headphones, amps, dacs, etc. I cannot do A/B tests by listening to whole songs, only a few seconds and to a very specific element. I know that people like yourself and @NaittsirK can do A/B comparison by listening to full tracks... but yall are just on another level. It's good to know what are your personal limits, and I hell of a sure know mine.

Oct 10, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #4,678 of 5,047
That's basically the mildest of the things it can do. Like that's not even the tip of the iceberg.

I couldn't find any info on this, but I do remember reading a while back about spiritual people having so much control over their body, mind, and brain that they could consciously secrete certain chemicals/hormones that would get them in a high state (much like a psychedelic drug would). Without any citation or things like that, what I just wrote remains valueless.

However, take Wim Hoff as an example. Perfect example of doing insane things just by being in control.

I'm just a normal dude that A/B tests as fast as possible to find out if there's any audible difference between headphones, amps, dacs, etc. I cannot do A/B tests by listening to whole songs, only a few seconds and to a very specific element. I know that people like yourself and @NaittsirK can do A/B comparison by listening to full tracks... but yall are just on another level. It's good to know what are your personal limits, and I hell of a sure know mine.
It is true that the people state of minds, if can be controlled, can be used to manipulate the secretions of the body chemicals and hormones. That is why “stress” is one of the silent killer to Human. There are many ways to manipulate them, and one of that I know is from “meditations”. It is basically trying to not be thinking about anything, then empty your mind, do not let any thought process to flow, and then focus on one of the 5 senses To guide you. It could be sounds, touches, taste, smells, usually sighs are not utilized because it receive too many information simultaneously and cause distractions. Though, sigh can still be utilized if it is used to only focused and stared at one simple picture that is stabilized and not moving (no distracted sighting). After all of those, you will focus on what you would want to feel (happiness, angry), use the pleasure feelings from the senses you focused, and amplify it for happiness. Then use unpleasant feelings for anger, but why would you want to train your anger ? Unless warriors, soldiers…etc…lol

Being an audiophile and listening to music is similar, we focus on our favorite tracks, albums, that we knows, while being isolated from the surrounding, we multiply and amplify the feelings, and we get pleasures (happiness) from listening, such as goose bumps :wink:. In a sense, we are still on topic LOL

Oct 11, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #4,679 of 5,047
Ok, now I believe that those differences between Ultimate mode, normal mode and filters are just another bug. 😪
Hear me out here.
Here are my findings:
When you switch from normal to Ultimate you lose some amount of clarity. But, and here comes the strange part: except for the D5 filter. If I have this one chosen (and this one only) I hear no difference while switching between normal and Ultimate.
So I can easily tell apart D5 from any other filter while having Ultimate on.
This applies to Mango app and os as well as other apps I tried.
Funnily enough Neutron is the exception but only in oversampling mode. How about that?

Oct 11, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #4,680 of 5,047
Neutron Player (v2.21.1) needs some fixes for the 300MAX with Android11. It will be fixed with the next update.

Before the official release, I received the latest DEV version from the developer Dmitry. I can share it for paid Neutron users.
Please let me know via PM if you are interested.

Neutron Player v2.21.2 with better support for iBasso DX170, DX240, DX300MAX, and DX320 has been released.
https://neutroncode.com/downloads/file/2-neutronmpapkarm64
https://neutroncode.com/downloads/category/4-player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back