iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Oct 27, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #4,696 of 5,049
Experiencing heavy battery drain and unresponsive freezing with FW 2.01. Also to my ears the sound has changed a bit, not as dynamic as it was before.
Does FW 2.02 update fix the sound and battery drain? was fine before the 2.0.1 update.
I also can no longer rotate the screen.
I would update to the latest firmware and then do a factory reset.

Oct 27, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #4,699 of 5,049
Experiencing heavy battery drain and unresponsive freezing with FW 2.01. Also to my ears the sound has changed a bit, not as dynamic as it was before.
Does FW 2.02 update fix the sound and battery drain? was fine before the 2.0.1 update.
I also can no longer rotate the screen.
Turns out I was smart not to upgrade to the newest FW =)

I sleep peacefully!

While I cannot help you, I do want to say that it is shocking to me how many people use the rotate screen feature on the DX300 MAX. It's such a massive and heavy DAP, I would've never imagined anyone uses it horizontally... Turns out I'm wrong.

In terms of the screen, I'm very skeptical about that, because I do have the DX320. If I didn't have the DX300, I wouldn't be able to say this, but the DX300 has the most accurate colors and the greatest dynamic range. The new DX320 has overly saturated colors, imo. I'm scared that it's Android 11 doing this, but can't confirm.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #4,700 of 5,049
Turns out I was smart not to upgrade to the newest FW =)

I sleep peacefully!

While I cannot help you, I do want to say that it is shocking to me how many people use the rotate screen feature on the DX300 MAX. It's such a massive and heavy DAP, I would've never imagined anyone uses it horizontally... Turns out I'm wrong.

In terms of the screen, I'm very skeptical about that, because I do have the DX320. If I didn't have the DX300, I wouldn't be able to say this, but the DX300 has the most accurate colors and the greatest dynamic range. The new DX320 has overly saturated colors, imo. I'm scared that it's Android 11 doing this, but can't confirm.
Oh, aye, while it's truly heavy and massive as compared with other portable DAPS, it's still my go-to DAP not only for trips, but also for chores around the house :beyersmile:
It's just on these occasions it rests in a wee 5L rucksack in my back. When on trips, I use the wifi to read news, etc., so the rotation feature comes in handy.

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #4,701 of 5,049
While I don't travel with it like a portable, I sometimes use it as a transport to work from desk to desk. It is to heavy for a portable for my taste. I like options and sometimes i stand it on its side with screen on in landscape while i work or on a stand connected to other home equipment. But it's nice to have options :)

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #4,702 of 5,049
Well, for me the sound is better from FW 2.0.1 with the latest update FW 2.0.2. From memory I still like the sound on the old firmware before android 11. To me it just had something that made me close my eyes. Don't get me wrong it still sounds good. I need more time to listen. Maybe i should reset it a few more times.

Also I was testing the USB Dac and the latency is still there. I did find out that if i go into control panel/sound on windows and change the format to lowest quality (2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality) the latency was better but not completly accurate when watching music videos online or YouTube. I am a bit dissapointed by this when some of my other players do not have this issue even at higher quality settings than 44100 Hz.

Nov 18, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #4,703 of 5,049
Does anyone else have an issue with the battery for analog not registering remaining amount correctly? It has happen more than a few times now that after charging from 32% or simular. I would charge it overnight but when i take it off the charger it will still say 32% even though its fully charged. A few restarts fixes it temporary then it will say 100%

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #4,704 of 5,049
Does anyone else have an issue with the battery for analog not registering remaining amount correctly? It has happen more than a few times now that after charging from 32% or simular. I would charge it overnight but when i take it off the charger it will still say 32% even though its fully charged. A few restarts fixes it temporary then it will say 100%
Try a factory reset and make sure you are on the latest firmware.

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #4,706 of 5,049
This is happening with the latest firmware and reset. May be a bug in the software because restarts fix it.
I would do a discharge and then a full charge, Maybe it needs calibration.

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #4,708 of 5,049
Does anyone has this kind of problem?
SS unit has been power off and set aside for sometimes. Power up last weekend. Analog section shows 0%. Tried to charge but it won't charge.
Red LED is not blinking or On when it suppose to charge.
Power off and on multiple times. Still the same.
Reset and still not able to charge Analog side.
Digital side ok.

Any recommendation?

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #4,709 of 5,049
Does anyone has this kind of problem?
SS unit has been power off and set aside for sometimes. Power up last weekend. Analog section shows 0%. Tried to charge but it won't charge.
Red LED is not blinking or On when it suppose to charge.
Power off and on multiple times. Still the same.
Reset and still not able to charge Analog side.
Digital side ok.

Any recommendation?
How long has it been on the charger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back