iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Oct 5, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #4,651 of 5,022
I have reached Sources-->File System-->Directory Selection, but cannot see external storage/SD card option. If I click on the top left hand side the "Open From" drop down menu and select SD Card it refuses to show the SD card on the next screen ("Can't use this folder"). Unlike what the example for SAF source creation flow shows. Is there a step I'm missing? (Example says something about activating internal FTP server in Network settings, but on Neutron, Settings-->Network-->FTP the list is empty so I cannot select any source for local FTP transfer). Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Edit: Right, it worked. When using the Open From to select the SD Card, the next screen says that the folder can't be used, nevertheless, the subfolders are still listed below (something I missed previously). So I selected the music subfolder from my SD card root and it then appeared as an internal folder in the Neutron list and it plays fine. I didn't have to activate internal FTP server transfer or whatever (the list is still empty in that menu item).

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #4,652 of 5,022
I have reached Sources-->File System-->Directory Selection, but cannot see external storage/SD card option. If I click on the top left hand side the "Open From" drop down menu and select SD Card it refuses to show the SD card on the next screen ("Can't use this folder"). Unlike what the example for SAF source creation flow shows. Is there a step I'm missing? (Example says something about activating internal FTP server in Network settings, but on Neutron, Settings-->Network-->FTP the list is empty so I cannot select any source for local FTP transfer). Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Did you try to install Neutron apk from its homepage? In my case this solved the issue.

Oct 5, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #4,655 of 5,022
Is anyone else having trouble with auto screen rotate after the update?

Oct 6, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #4,657 of 5,022
Anybody knows what this new App in Chinese that showed up on my desktop surface (after transition to Android 11) is for? Do I need it or can I safely delete it?
That's a Chinese app store "Wandoujia" app. https://www.wandoujia.com/
After I installed Google Play Store via APKPure, I deleted both APKPure and Wandoujia app.

Oct 6, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #4,659 of 5,022
Is anyone else having trouble with auto screen rotate after the update?
Currently on the FW2.01, it seems to work on apps like Play Store, YouTube, Amazon Music, etc. but it does't work on home screen.

This app works as an alternative.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.crape.rotationcontrol&hl=en
* Turn on the "Guard" mode and "Auto Rotation" in the Quick Settings after starding the app.
[ADDED] Make sure both ADVANCED settings are "Allowed" in Settings-->Apps & notifications-->Rotation Control.

[ADDED] Depending on the app, there may be restrictions on the orientation that can be auto-rotated. In such case, manual rotation may work to rotate the screen to the desired orientation.

Rotation Control Settings.JPG

RoatationControlSettings.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #4,660 of 5,022
After updating to the FW2.01, I noticed the Ultimate mode setting is reset to "OFF" after power-off/reboot in Mango OS.
I already reported to Paul, and he said it will be fixed with the next firmware.

BTW, does anyone notice more noticeable difference in sound on the FW2.01 between the Ultimate mode ON and OFF?
To my ears with the DX300MAX Ti, I feel:
- Ultimate ON: more smooth and neutral, the treble is slightly suppressed.
- Ultimate OFF: more crisp and brighter, it's (almost) same as the FW1.03. (There were no noticeable difference to me between the Ultimate ON and OFF on the FW1.03.)

Oct 6, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #4,661 of 5,022
Anybody knows what this new App in Chinese that showed up on my desktop surface (after transition to Android 11) is for? Do I need it or can I safely delete it?
It is an app used here in China. You can delete it if you wish.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 6, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #4,662 of 5,022
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 6, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #4,663 of 5,022
Oct 6, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #4,665 of 5,022
DX300MAX can now connect to iPhone's Personal Hotspot (Wi-Fi tethering) with Android11 update.

Regarding the Wi-Fi on Android11, randomized MAC address is enabled by default. If if necessary, you can change it to the device MAC in the Settings-->Network & Internet-->Wi-Fi-->Gear icon of the connected SSID-->Privacy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back