iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Oct 18, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #3,812 of 5,029
Is anyone finding the scrolling a touch over sensitive, sometimes end up in the album track list of a random album.
In Mango yes. A floating scroll can go quite far depending on the size of your library. You soon get used to a light swipe then dragging with finger. Mildly irritating, hopefully a fw update will change it.

The other thing that irks me which brings you back to scrolling is when you power back on, it's on the same album but you can't go back a folder, you've got to go back to artist / album etc again.

Oct 18, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #3,813 of 5,029
In Mango yes. A floating scroll can go quite far depending on the size of your library. You soon get used to a light swipe then dragging with finger. Mildly irritating, hopefully a fw update will change it.

The other thing that irks me which brings you back to scrolling is when you power back on, it's on the same album but you can't go back a folder, you've got to go back to artist / album etc again.
Yeah the software definitely needs a polish up nothing grand just the basics will do and better wallpapers. Not much to ask seeing how much we've all paid for the unit !

Oct 18, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #3,814 of 5,029
Yeah the software definitely needs a polish up nothing grand just the basics will do and better wallpapers. Not much to ask seeing how much we've all paid for the unit !
Personally, Mango OS and player renumbering tracks are a big no no I hope would get addressed. Much prefer it adhere to the track & disc number in meta data. No aliasing on the album art would be great too. Album art in mango player way to low res. Compared to UAPP or NMP.

Oct 19, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #3,817 of 5,029
Set it is as high as you can to leave enough room for analogue adjustments. For example, for MEST2 i'm using low gain, set it on 85%, so, my comfortable volume level to listen is between 10 and 12 of analogue potentiometer.

85 is a good setting with IEMs, 90 is probably better, unless you are dealing with very sensitive IEMs, and I wouldn't go below it. At first I thought 70 is the min I can live with, but I did hear a reduction in sound quality (dynamics) below 80.

Oct 19, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #3,818 of 5,029
85 is a good setting with IEMs, 90 is probably better, unless you are dealing with very sensitive IEMs, and I wouldn't go below it. At first I thought 70 is the min I can live with, but I did hear a reduction in sound quality (dynamics) below 80.
Yeah, but too low analogue value will result with disbalance between left and right channels..
For case i mentioned above, MESTmk2, 100% DAC volume requires to set analogue volume to 7-9 hours, and if 9 hours is fine, the 7 hours gives me significant disbalance between channels :frowning2:

Oct 19, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #3,821 of 5,029
Have it set on 80 but on really low volume there is a silght inbalance, but it is really low just above off
Each of my IEMs are different, with my Odin's I have to go down to 75 to get some headroom and be above channel imbalance.

Oct 19, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #3,822 of 5,029
Well, let’s be more realistic here, obviously dynamic and details are pointless if you are blasting your ears, it enters protective mode and active it own filters 😉, then everything comes to moot points anyway.

So, while other DAPs such as Dx200/220/300 are using digital attenuations just fine, like I am listening to DX312 ATM, then the best of details, staging and dynamic are achieved at the most comfortable volume only, and that is HD800s Hi-gain around 30/100.

The conclusion is that, for sensitive iems, you better lower your DAC volume rather than lower it (gains). This is because I found that High Gain has the best performances which is also similar to AKM data sheets. Then you can adjust your potentiometer accordingly. Do not listen at too low pot and have channel imbalances. It is even worse

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #3,824 of 5,029
Can someone check (or answer if you already know) if Mango OS can automatically sort disc number or if it needs to be in the album title? Sorting out all of my meta data on the pc and don't want screwed listings when i transfer music to the DX.

And btw, Micron...what the..... Would never have believed an SD card could make such a difference! I'll need to relgate the Extreme to tablet / movie duties now! Just listened to Nothing But Thieves - Broken Machine and it sounds absolutely insane now through the Stellias.

@Paul - iBasso any chance of adding album artist to Mango OS, slowing the scroll on full swipe, and sorting out selecting back on wake up to take you from last played song back through the folders instead of to main menu?

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #3,825 of 5,029
Can someone check (or answer if you already know) if Mango OS can automatically sort disc number or if it needs to be in the album title? Sorting out all of my meta data on the pc and don't want screwed listings when i transfer music to the DX.

And btw, Micron...what the..... Would never have believed an SD card could make such a difference! I'll need to relgate the Extreme to tablet / movie duties now! Just listened to Nothing But Thieves - Broken Machine and it sounds absolutely insane now through the Stellias.

@Paul - iBasso any chance of adding album artist to Mango OS, slowing the scroll on full swipe, and sorting out selecting back on wake up to take you from last played song back through the folders instead of to main menu?
I am glad you are enjoying the card. I know it is hearings is believing. It is also such a huge skeptical topic that could spark debates and trolls. Hence I try to minimize it as much as possible. But once you get a grab of it, you just can not let it go.

Remember back in the dates where special coating tapes were released, vinyl …etc ? This is the same

Lucky for us all that these are for industrial usages that are developed for videos and so on…..could you imagine the price if it was to be marketed under “Audiophile quality” ?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back