iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Oct 19, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #3,826 of 5,029
Can someone check (or answer if you already know) if Mango OS can automatically sort disc number or if it needs to be in the album title? Sorting out all of my meta data on the pc and don't want screwed listings when i transfer music to the DX.

And btw, Micron...what the..... Would never have believed an SD card could make such a difference! I'll need to relgate the Extreme to tablet / movie duties now! Just listened to Nothing But Thieves - Broken Machine and it sounds absolutely insane now through the Stellias.

@Paul - iBasso any chance of adding album artist to Mango OS, slowing the scroll on full swipe, and sorting out selecting back on wake up to take you from last played song back through the folders instead of to main menu?
As far as I know it sorts tracks by disc numbers. But only displays track numbers. It will display every track in numerical order ignoring the meta data. If track 3, 4 etc. Is missing track 5 will be labeled as 3. It never skips a number. Disc 2 track numbers will continue where disc 1 numbers ended, so on. It doesn't modify the actual meta data but a pain none the less.

Oct 19, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #3,827 of 5,029
Well, let’s be more realistic here, obviously dynamic and details are pointless if you are blasting your ears, it enters protective mode and active it own filters 😉, then everything comes to moot points anyway.

So, while other DAPs such as Dx200/220/300 are using digital attenuations just fine, like I am listening to DX312 ATM, then the best of details, staging and dynamic are achieved at the most comfortable volume only, and that is HD800s Hi-gain around 30/100.

The conclusion is that, for sensitive iems, you better lower your DAC volume rather than lower it (gains). This is because I found that High Gain has the best performances which is also similar to AKM data sheets. Then you can adjust your potentiometer accordingly. Do not listen at too low pot and have channel imbalances. It is even worse
What DAC volume are you setting when in high gain for your Sennheiser or full sized headphones ?

Oct 19, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #3,828 of 5,029
What DAC volume are you setting when in high gain for your Sennheiser or full sized headphones ?
80 typically for full sizes. I also try to use DAC as a mean to fine tune my volume rather than potentiometer. The reason being is that I want to preserve the potentiometer as much as possible :)

Oct 19, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #3,829 of 5,029
I'm the same with cans, 80 on dac.

@Whitigir , when you mention gain, is gain on this dac or amp? I had assumed amp but you mentioned akm...? Usually run as low a gain as possible but always seem to end up on mid regardless of player. Low usually sounds a little less dynamic / flat and high I usually find puts things into shout mode even when volume matched.

Oct 19, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #3,830 of 5,029
I'm the same with cans, 80 on dac.

@Whitigir , when you mention gain, is gain on this dac or amp? I had assumed amp but you mentioned akm...? Usually run as low a gain as possible but always seem to end up on mid regardless of player. Low usually sounds a little less dynamic / flat and high I usually find puts things into shout mode even when volume matched.
The gain is coming from the DAC, at least I believe so, because using Line Out and I can still observe the effects. If this is coming from the DAC AKM, then High gain is the one that is running from 3.5V rails which is almost directly and from the battery pack itself without the LDO working too much on it. Though I agree with you that the low gain has the least dynamic out of mid or high

Oct 19, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #3,831 of 5,029
80 typically for full sizes. I also try to use DAC as a mean to fine tune my volume rather than potentiometer. The reason being is that I want to preserve the potentiometer as much as possible :)
By the way I wanted to say thanks to you and the others that posted the trouble shooting tips last week while I was trying to figure out why my MAX would not power on.

I had left it alone for a couple of days while on a business trip fully intending to ship it back to distributor when I got back. I tried to power it back on and of course would not power up but this time when I connected the digital charging cable the red plug icon showed up with battery level at 0% and then went to charging icon as normal when charging with unit off.

I entered Android boot menu ( thanks @jamato8 ) after full charge and did wipedata/factory reset, reinstalled apps and sd card.

I have fully charged and discharged twice so far and all cables and chargers that I was using before seem to work ( disconnected and re-connected multiple times ) but I think that I will stick with the Anker charger that I also use for my DX312.

It looks that I am getting about 7 hours or so on a full charge with continuous dsf file play and ultimate mode turned on from 100% down to about 5%.

So far all has been good and it seems as some had suggested that the digital battery needed to wake up.

/ I am curious if anyone has had similar issue with battery and as it seems that android may not be tracking level correctly. /

Needless to say I am now faced with decision of whether to send unit in to distributor and iBasso or just hang on to it as it seems to be fine now after the scare. // Any Suggestions ? //

Oct 19, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #3,832 of 5,029
By the way I wanted to say thanks to you and the others that posted the trouble shooting tips last week while I was trying to figure out why my MAX would not power on.

I had left it alone for a couple of days while on a business trip fully intending to ship it back to distributor when I got back. I tried to power it back on and of course would not power up but this time when I connected the digital charging cable the red plug icon showed up with battery level at 0% and then went to charging icon as normal when charging with unit off.

I entered Android boot menu ( thanks @jamato8 ) after full charge and did wipedata/factory reset, reinstalled apps and sd card.

I have fully charged and discharged twice so far and all cables and chargers that I was using before seem to work ( disconnected and re-connected multiple times ) but I think that I will stick with the Anker charger that I also use for my DX312.

It looks that I am getting about 7 hours or so on a full charge with continuous dsf file play and ultimate mode turned on from 100% down to about 5%.

So far all has been good and it seems as some had suggested that the digital battery needed to wake up.

/ I am curious if anyone has had similar issue with battery and as it seems that android may not be tracking level correctly. /

Needless to say I am now faced with decision of whether to send unit in to distributor and iBasso or just hang on to it as it seems to be fine now after the scare. // Any Suggestions ? //
You are welcome, and I think your unit is just fine. It is the miscommunications between charger and charging management of the unit. Just stick with the charger that is working, and you should be just fine.

I have advised Ibasso to include the stock charger with these high end units, so people have less mess up and headache to worry about. But doesn’t seem to be adopted. I wonder how many units returned due to incompatible chargers, or how many email Ibasso have received in the same regards

Oct 19, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #3,833 of 5,029
You are welcome, and I think your unit is just fine. It is the miscommunications between charger and charging management of the unit. Just stick with the charger that is working, and you should be just fine.

I have advised Ibasso to include the stock charger with these high end units, so people have less mess up and headache to worry about. But doesn’t seem to be adopted. I wonder how many units returned due to incompatible chargers, or how many email Ibasso have received in the same regards
Too many.

Oct 19, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #3,834 of 5,029

Great that is good to hear, hopefully this can help someone else if need be.

Oct 19, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #3,835 of 5,029
Great that is good to hear, hopefully this can help someone else if need be.
It took a few weeks for my Max to get calibrated and the batteries to form. Often it would lose charge of 10% over night but now, excellent, no loss when off. Just give it time.

Oct 20, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #3,836 of 5,029
Just over 100hrs of burn-in (was on holiday for a few weeks, so listened to it sparingly and often left it to play on iems on its own). The difference from about the 30hr point is staggering, in terms of dynamics, note weight. Soundstage and separation seem to have opened up a little more too, if that's possible! This is sound at "wow" levels (admittedly, I've not got a long experience with audiophile stuff, but it's a massive step up from DX300 11.2}. How long have others observed changes/improvements to SQ during burn-in with their Ti, if anybody cares to comment?

I've got mine at 85DAC, Mid-gain, 12'oclock pot, with my DK-4001 (112db/mW with 32Ohm, not the most sensitive iems). That's with metal/electronic genres, where High gain gives far too dynamic a sound (accentuating drums and bass), so I prefer the Mid gain to preserve a more even, holo type of sound.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #3,840 of 5,029
Titanium ? Someone just said ?
9C42E24E-8885-45AD-9070-46A40BE3103C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back