iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Oct 21, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #3,841 of 5,029
Also, as I have mentioned about the Titanium sound signatures, performances and what should I do to further upped it games. This player will be the one that I keep for a long a while. Heck! I even built an end game Amplifier for it

The internal IC for Data controls and sound signal paths are upgraded away from OFC copper stock toward Solid core wires (Pure Gold 5N and Pure Silver 5N)

This is to further preserve the integrity of the audio paths (Gold) and the conducting of data control paths all together (silver). Please noticed, Ibasso and Titanium is already as good as is, and that I absolutely adore it performances. There is no need to tinker with anything else (wouldn’t change a thing), just that with a better wires and cables, the original integrity as intended by Ibasso is further preserved
B1F3E16D-DB38-4523-A338-A08AB2C37E3E.jpeg13E907D2-DC03-495E-A9E8-25BE63029960.jpeg

If anyone have any questions, they can email me

Some may have questions why Ibasso didn’t use these wires instead. That is because the player will need to be serviced at some point (serviceability), and so, to better service it, Ibasso opted for the best of both worlds (serviceability + performances) that the stock IC isn’t Ribbon cables and also not snap-in removable sockets (usually these are floating on bulbs of solders, which further degraded the original integrity of the signals **I am surprised that Ibasso can pull of such amazing built for such prices point** and if I was to run a company with products like Ibasso, I would have done the same, but the question is…how did Ibasso get it so cheap ? Which I wouldn’t be able to comprehend

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #3,843 of 5,029
Wow, 20hrs, not even in full swing yet!

Oct 23, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #3,844 of 5,029
Wow, 20hrs, not even in full swing yet!
Someone will put it in full swing I am sure. AK is my favorite still, SP2K. Pairs best with most of my gear.

Oct 23, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #3,845 of 5,029
Someone will put it in full swing I am sure. AK is my favorite still, SP2K. Pairs best with most of my gear.
And that is variety. I am not sure what 20 hours means but if that is all it has on it, then it has not been heard in any way. Someone will get the fun.

Oct 23, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #3,846 of 5,029
And that is variety. I am not sure what 20 hours means but if that is all it has on it, then it has not been heard in any way. Someone will get the fun.
I have always wondered myself that “does SP2K run constantly Ultinate mode ? AKA 4 channels per chip ? Or 1 channel per chip ?”

But do understand that sound is personal preferences, and I respect that

Oct 23, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #3,847 of 5,029
I’m not a huge follower of burn in for most gear but the dx300 max truly opens up with more hours on the clock. Sounds better than the Sp2k in my opinion. I sold my Sp2k. I respect other people’s options though

Oct 23, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #3,848 of 5,029
Yes the Max sounds awesome, but it only comes close to the sp2000 in ultimate mode, the sp2000cu still has more organic mids,in the other hand Max has a little larger soundstage, but not by much, I don't understand who says that the sp2000 don't takes all the juice from the akm chips if he dont why does this happens? Is there magic in the sp2k?

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #3,849 of 5,029
I think I’m going to have to have a listen to the SP2000. This may not bode well on my wallet……

Oct 23, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #3,850 of 5,029
I think I’m going to have to have a listen to the SP2000. This may not bode well on my wallet……
only question remain copper or silver (gold is sold out brandnew?) - the pricing though is so steep, compared to the other DAP's out there or to come out - and are we buying something that will be outdated because there is a SP3000?! ..speculating here... around the corner, but seriously I am happy with my beefy brick DX300 Max - I love the weight because I have it on my desk, and yes, mine is still a virgin sort of, and I have to say it does get better with more hours on it.....

I would get another DPA to plug in another IEM - as I feel somehow my DX300Max and Evo - is not playing Adele properly ....but love the combo for EDM....so maybe a DAP with a matching IEM that is more for the pristine choir concert, classical music listening.. :wink:

the rabbit hole - my god - no kidding...lol..I am supposed to do a holiday shopping list, but it seems like I am piling stuff for myself instead...

fun..fun

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #3,851 of 5,029
We all have preferences. I have compared quite a bit and frankly, the MAX, to me, is a layer above the SP2000. I think the 2000 is over priced but then AK has been overpricing for years now. They make hefty profits and people have gotten used and accepted the higher cost of their players. They started this with the 100. It was way above the going rate but it set the bar of what was thought could be charged much higher. I used to listen to a lot of live music in different venues, then the Pandemic. But I tuned my ears to that. The MAX gets me closer than the 2000 can. The DX300 with AMP12 also gets very close. I guess it depends upon what we compare to and what we listen to. I like analog, not so much digital sound.

Oct 23, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #3,852 of 5,029
We all have preferences. I have compared quite a bit and frankly, the MAX, to me, is a layer above the SP2000. I think the 2000 is over priced but then AK has been overpricing for years now. They make hefty profits and people have gotten used and accepted the higher cost of their players. They started this with the 100. It was way above the going rate but it set the bar of what was thought could be charged much higher. I used to listen to a lot of live music in different venues, then the Pandemic. But I tuned my ears to that. The MAX gets me closer than the 2000 can. The DX300 with AMP12 also gets very close. I guess it depends upon what we compare to and what we listen to. I like analog, not so much digital sound.
maybe there is a Max TI lurking around with a magical number of 99 that can be purchased :) - but yeah, I am geting it too - our Max is truly magical masterpiece, I wished I was brave enough to participate in the TI midnight purchase extravaganza.....but I literally got mine in SS so I was not mentally prepared....perhaps Ibasso comes out with a DX300Max limited edition ...

Oct 23, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #3,854 of 5,029
Interestingly enough, my DX300 Max Ti at 20-30hrs sounded its worst, worse than out of the box even.
Yes, 20 to 50 hours is a down time, then it starts coming back.

Oct 23, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #3,855 of 5,029
I love both my 3MAX SS & Ti…. going ‘to and fro‘ between the two to hear differences and evaluating all the time. There are times when one is better than the other. But I feel my Ti still needs more burn in time. Then…. I listen to my N6ii/A02 with C9 playing via Neutron… whoa! Another fabulous combo that always surprises me even going back after the MAX’s. I’ve heard a lot about the SP2000 and will investigate its sound soon. Yes… there also may be a SP3000 around the corner. I need to be careful on that one thought. In addition… it won’t be long until the 3MAX will be released with the new chips perhaps? Never mind my consideration of the new Fiio M17!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back