iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 17, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #2,971 of 5,022
Literally an Ultimate portable solutions which I have run all over, chasing it over and over again. My latest attempt were to get it stacking and didn’t even work as well. Oh my, if it isn’t Ibasso, then who else. Bravo to Ibasso and teams!!! Amazing player, design, and performances
6D259B79-DF9A-497B-94EB-214F0A43BED8.jpeg
Which cable is that?

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #2,973 of 5,022
For me, there is no question that the Ti is better and inferior in build? What are you looking at? We all have different view points but to me, the Ti offers more of everything except for the higher price of the SP2000.
I didn’t mean to bring another DAP to devalue the 3Maxes (3M/Ti) here, just answering someone’s question about the SP2K and 3M/Ti. And clearly stated that it is superior by sound, to my ears at least, and in terms of value, much better bang boom and blast than the SP2K and let me add — any other DAP I know of today. But it is also superior in bulk (footprint and weight) by fact, and inferior in stability and build (fragility) by my own experience and numerous break downs reported of the 3M/Ti. I’ve never had to test the after sales service of AK, since I’ve not had any issues with my AK120, AK240, SP1KM and SP2K so cannot compare with the superb response and satisfaction level I’ve received directly from iBasso. I don’t think it gets any better -- prompt reply, quick resolution of issues including footing the bill of 3rd party expenses. Cannot be happier.

Does this make the 3M/Ti an end game DAP? Not by a long country mile. And that is good news for everyone here and in the game. The 3M/Ti greatest flaw is its size and mass; in the universe of portability, gear should be sufficiently compact and conveniently mobile. Not ibasso's fault; technology isn’t at a level to accommodate the demands of quality of sound in a smaller chassis. It is fabulous in the transportable class though, may even edge out the DMP-Z1, for many (not me), by the same metrics that it trumps the SP2K. Beyond that, the 3M/Ti, or even the DMP-Z1, cannot compete in the realm of desktops.

The next issue I have is stability; like other Chinese tech, their definition of a final production unit is, in fact, a beta. But that’s a catch-22 proposition, isn’t it? Do we want to wait a year for a more stable 3M/Ti? Hell no!! Its a caveat emptor that everyone considering getting a 3M/Ti should be aware of; do not expect plug and play bliss, you’re participating in an experiment and have to expect things may blow up in your face!

Again, I am not slamming the 3M/Ti; heck, I was as eager and elated as anyone, save @Whitigir, to be able to score a 3MTi. I do oh so wish that the 4MTi, if there is going to be one, will have everything that the 3MTi offers in a package that doesn’t challenge your junk when stuck in the front pockets! In the meanwhile, despite its heft, it’s better than stacking and it is my wooden stake to power-vampire transducers. Bye bye interconnects, adaptors and elastic bands.

Happy weekend listening, everyone. Stay safe.

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #2,974 of 5,022
I didn’t mean to bring another DAP to devalue the 3Maxes (3M/Ti) here, just answering someone’s question about the SP2K and 3M/Ti. And clearly stated that it is superior by sound, to my ears at least, and in terms of value, much better bang boom and blast than the SP2K and let me add — any other DAP I know of today. But it is also superior in bulk (footprint and weight) by fact, and inferior in stability and build (fragility) by my own experience and numerous break downs reported of the 3M/Ti. I’ve never had to test the after sales service of AK, since I’ve not had any issues with my AK120, AK240, SP1KM and SP2K so cannot compare with the superb response and satisfaction level I’ve received directly from iBasso. I don’t think it gets any better -- prompt reply, quick resolution of issues including footing the bill of 3rd party expenses. Cannot be happier.

Does this make the 3M/Ti an end game DAP? Not by a long country mile. And that is good news for everyone here and in the game. The 3M/Ti greatest flaw is its size and mass; in the universe of portability, gear should be sufficiently compact and conveniently mobile. Not ibasso's fault; technology isn’t at a level to accommodate the demands of quality of sound in a smaller chassis. It is fabulous in the transportable class though, may even edge out the DMP-Z1, for many (not me), by the same metrics that it trumps the SP2K. Beyond that, the 3M/Ti, or even the DMP-Z1, cannot compete in the realm of desktops.

The next issue I have is stability; like other Chinese tech, their definition of a final production unit is, in fact, a beta. But that’s a catch-22 proposition, isn’t it? Do we want to wait a year for a more stable 3M/Ti? Hell no!! Its a caveat emptor that everyone considering getting a 3M/Ti should be aware of; do not expect plug and play bliss, you’re participating in an experiment and have to expect things may blow up in your face!

Again, I am not slamming the 3M/Ti; heck, I was as eager and elated as anyone, save @Whitigir, to be able to score a 3MTi. I do oh so wish that the 4MTi, if there is going to be one, will have everything that the 3MTi offers in a package that doesn’t challenge your junk when stuck in the front pockets! In the meanwhile, despite its heft, it’s better than stacking and it is my wooden stake to power-vampire transducers. Bye bye interconnects, adaptors and elastic bands.

Happy weekend listening, everyone. Stay safe.
You’re saying a lot of things but that does not mean, Though you imply iimply it, that the max TI is a beta. I’m afraid to me that is just silly. Also I have not found it to be fragile whatsoever so I don’t know what you’re speaking about. And does it compare with some desktop units that are very good yes without a question. In my opinion.

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #2,975 of 5,022
You’re saying a lot of things but that does not mean, Though you imply iimply it, that the max TI is a beta. I’m afraid to me that is just silly. Also I have not found it to be fragile whatsoever so I don’t know what you’re speaking about. And does it compare with some desktop units that are very good yes without a question. In my opinion.
Dude, I don't want to get into spitting match with you but you don’t put up any arguments to back your opinions and if you seriously think that the 3M/Ti compares with desktop rigs, even just decent ones, you. have. no. clue. Enjoy the good life in that little bubble.

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #2,976 of 5,022
Dude, I don't want to get into spitting match with you but you don’t put up any arguments to back your opinions and if you seriously think that the 3M/Ti compares with desktop rigs, even just decent ones, you. have. no. clue. Enjoy the good life in that little bubble.
Ok i get u but how could u explain the fact that i was comparing the dx312 with stationary rig with value of over 3600e about moth ago and came out that the dx312 is on the same level? To be specific, it was Vincent sv-237mk paired with cd player Arcam (cant remember the model but when i was checking the price, it was over 1k euros). And im 100% sure that the dx300 MAX Ti is at least one league above the dx312. I couldnt believe in what i was hearing but this is true.

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #2,977 of 5,022
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and I'm not going to argue with that since there is no right or wrong answers when it comes to personal preference. But, I just think that calling 820g solid build stainless-steel brick as being fragile is kind of contradicting? :wink:

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #2,978 of 5,022
Disagree here. The 3Max Ti is up there with many full size desktop systems. It may falls just short in macro dynamics and slam to the very best amp/DAC out there. However, it is up there with many full-size DAC/amp systems in my collection in term of spatial cues, sense of air around each instrument, depth of staging, and micro details. Plus, none of the Ti is fully burn in yet. So it should get even better!

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #2,979 of 5,022
To put it all to rest. SP2k is still the better sounding and great for IEMS. The Max is just too powerful and is too much for IEMS and the volume imbalance at the 6 to 9 oclock and the under responsive screen is just not that good and not to mention the bulkiness. For mobility I just still use my DX300 or SP2000. The Max is just not a one all and be all for me at least. After a while of use the novelty is gone and what is left is the heavy brick that can sometimes just becomes too annoying.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #2,980 of 5,022
To put it all to rest. SP2k is still the better sounding and great for IEMS. The Max is just too powerful and is too much for IEMS and the volume imbalance at the 6 to 9 oclock and the under responsive screen is just not that good and not to mention the bulkiness. For mobility I just still use my DX300 or SP2000. The Max is just not a one all and be all for me at least. After a while of use the novelty is gone and what is left is the heavy brick that can sometimes just becomes too annoying.
That's an interesting point as I only use iems. I'm starting to think maybe the dx312 would be a better DAP for me instead of the Max.

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #2,981 of 5,022

I have to disagree with this. The Max has amazing volume control between the DAC volume, gains, and analogue volume pot for IEMs. Now yes, the size kinda detracts from the portability that IEMs bring.

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #2,982 of 5,022
I have to disagree with this. The Max has amazing volume control between the DAC volume, gains, and analogue volume pot for IEMs. Now yes, the size kinda detracts from the portability that IEMs bring.
Agreed totally, the Max is a 2 systems in one, and if you think to always maximize out the DAC to 100 and or high gain to benefit, then you would heavily be mistaken. The 3Max has excellent DAC volume controls. The proof is that if you max out the pot and listen to 1-2 on DAC volume, you will still have excellent sound without volume and channel imbalances

You can then fine tune the system as you want, and what other people who has a proper pieces in their system would do

A/ Pre Amp or integrated DAC
B/ Power Amp

People don’t always turn 100 Preamp and adjust amp alone. They find the best synergies between Source/Preamp/amp to stay at.

The max having both finely tuned volume systems can totally drive IEMS just fine. Just find a good gain setting, a good volume pot knot, and adjusting the DAC volume.

Disagree here. The 3Max Ti is up there with many full size desktop systems. It may falls just short in macro dynamics and slam to the very best amp/DAC out there. However, it is up there with many full-size DAC/amp systems in my collection in term of spatial cues, sense of air around each instrument, depth of staging, and micro details. Plus, none of the Ti is fully burn in yet. So it should get even better!
Yes, I totally agree here

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #2,983 of 5,022

Exactly! All it takes is to lower the digital DAC volume and you got extra headroom for analog volume adjustment, even with sensitive IEMs.

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #2,984 of 5,022
The Max Ti sounds very reminiscent of an excellent sounding ECP DSHA-2 that I had auditioned in the past.

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #2,985 of 5,022
Guys i need help. My 3max is charging the Digital side extremely slow now. I tried different chargers and uninstalling almost everything and tried charging it while shut down. Its been more than 12 hours and still 80% from 50% yesterday. Is my 3max about to die? So dissappointed now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back