iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 17, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #2,956 of 5,022
Smart but not optimized. Why don’t just concentrate on one technology and do it really well… and that’s why the SP2000 is their flagship. The reason that the iBasso Max products are so good because Ibasso has room inside the unit to equip with higher end components and having separate batteries for digital and analog sections are no joke not counting a much stronger amplifier section.
yes i agree, the space inside the device cannot probably handle very high end components. But the idea is quite clever and what we would expect is the fact that iBasso can make this idea working on a high level in the future.

Sep 17, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #2,957 of 5,022
Yeah well it sucks that they create this end game dap in such limited quantities. Thats what bothers me. I'm sold on the Ti but I'll prolly never get one and if I do it won't be until the dx400ti is out. 😕

So what good is it if it's not available in good quantities. If you ask me the sp2000 wins out because atleast you can get one easily.
And that is what I was going to say, why only 100 units....just make 1000 of it and smoke everything else out there. However, this was due to limited chips being available. But I am sure the development will not go to waste. I can’t imagine it being wasted, if Ibasso can have it done this good already, then there will be more to come. This is not the end of it, but is a beginning of something more, just wait for it

Sep 17, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #2,958 of 5,022
And that is what I was going to say, why only 100 units....just make 1000 of it and smoke everything else out there. However, this was due to limited chips being available. But I am sure the development will not go to waste. I can’t imagine it being wasted, if Ibasso can have it done this good already, then there will be more to come. This is not the end of it, but is a beginning of something more, just wait for it
I sure hope so.

Sep 17, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #2,959 of 5,022
Yeah well it sucks that they create this end game dap in such limited quantities. Thats what bothers me. I'm sold on the Ti but I'll prolly never get one and if I do it won't be until the dx400ti is out. 😕

So what good is it if it's not available in good quantities. If you ask me the sp2000 wins out because atleast you can get one easily.
The 3MAX SS isn’t far behind the Ti and u should not pass that up. Also agreed on more units and bring the price down a bit. $3.3k isn’t exactly cheap.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #2,960 of 5,022
The 3MAX SS isn’t far behind the Ti and u should not pass that up. Also agreed on more units and bring the price down a bit. $3.3k isn’t exactly cheap.
Oh well, I would say that while AK is selling like hot cakes at even higher prices with inferior technologies. Pardon me, I am just being realistic here. Then the technologies that Ibasso has cramped in the 3Max is even more amazing. If you counted that AK are using SS/Aluminum/Copper only, no Titanium, then the SS 3Max is a lot cheaper at a much better price right ? The 3MTi is expensive for a reason, and that is to fabricate and special order Titanium chassis. People don’t think Chassis is expensive at all, but look at the DIY community, isn’t chassis one of the major cost in the build ?

There are 2 things I am always so sure about Ibasso

1/ Price to performances will be out of the door, literally no doubt, not even the slightest of doubt. Always is too cheap for what performances it can bring

2/ Customer services will leave many other brands in the dusts, literally speaking

While I agreed 3.3K isn’t cheap, but things come at a cost, and while Ibasso is trying to keep it as low as possibly can, there are things that Ibasso can not control. I rather have Ibasso making the 3.3K player like this, rather than cheaping out. Who said there is no cheaper alternative ? 3Max SS is $1.1K cheaper

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #2,961 of 5,022
Oh well, I would say that while AK is selling like hot cakes at even higher prices with inferior technologies. Pardon me, I am just being realistic here. Then the technologies that Ibasso has cramped in the 3Max is even more amazing. If you counted that AK are using SS/Aluminum/Copper only, no Titanium, then the SS 3Max is a lot cheaper at a much better price right ? The 3MTi is expensive for a reason, and that is to fabricate and special order Titanium chassis. People don’t think Chassis is expensive at all, but look at the DIY community, isn’t chassis one of the major cost in the build ?

1/ Price to performances will be out of the door, literally no doubt, not even the slightest of doubt. Always is too cheap for what performances it can bring

2/ Customer services will leave many other brands in the dusts, literally speaking

While I agreed 3.3K isn’t cheap, but things come at a cost, and while Ibasso is trying to keep it as low as possibly can, there are things that Ibasso can not control. I rather have Ibasso making the 3.3K player like this, rather than cheaping out. Who said there is no cheaper alternative ? 3Max SS is $1.1K cheaper
My point is for Ibasso to make more of it and bring the price down to $2600 or so. I don’t disagree with you on the audio performance of their products. Forgot to mention the DAC chip issues.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #2,963 of 5,022

There must not be a huge market for the Ti or the profit margin isn't worth making more. Only other thing I can think of is limited budget.

I don't understand why DAPs priced higher sell like hot cakes with inferior equipment but iBasso is so good but doesn't manufacture!! It makes no sense.

If I had a product that I knew was superior and I could manufacture at a cheaper price than the competition, AND people would buy it then I would make the hell out of them. I just don't get it. Something is missing in this equation.

Sep 17, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #2,964 of 5,022
There must not be a huge market for the Ti or the profit margin isn't worth making more. Only other thing I can think of is limited budget.

I don't understand why DAPs priced higher sell like hot cakes with inferior equipment but iBasso is so good but doesn't manufacture!! It makes no sense.

If I had a product that I knew was superior and I could manufacture at a cheaper price than the competition, AND people would buy it then I would make the hell out of them. I just don't get it. Something is missing in this equation.
It isn’t easy like that, being a brand and reputation in a subjective hobby is a “hell hole”, literally. There will be people to swear that AK SP2K murders everything else out there, even this 3MTi, or even DMP-Z1, or whatever else, until their new toys coming out. So this is one of the major obstacles. I have seen people from all over the world to have a mind set of “anything, just not Chinese products” kinda mindset, and then there are people who would be like “what is Ibasso ? Cheap stuff ? I am mighty! I have A&K”......and then there will be people like “Who is Ibasso ? Why selling so expensive now ? Hah!

2nd , the AK4499EQ is obsolete, extinct, can’t be found anymore , literally....no....more.... whoever still have it, hanging on to it to keep producing high end products, or sells back at 20x marked up pricing.....whoever don’t have it anymore, just can not produce anymore. I am sure it is eating away at Ibasso that they can not produce anymore 3Max....no joke. So this is a second obstacles here.

But as I said, if Ibasso has already scored this much in implementations and architectures, there are many other alternative for DAC. It will come, but it needs time.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #2,965 of 5,022

Missing? the chips! Even car manufactures are putting off releases. Try to find a mid engine corvette. No chips, no car. No chips, no dap.

Sep 17, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #2,968 of 5,022
I'm not bashing iBasso. Ive heard nothing but wonderful things about the service. Just frustrated I guess is all.
This I can totally understand, but the 3Max-SS is not to be overlooked at. It is also a very respectable product from Ibasso. The Titanium was realized because it was to celebrate Ibasso 15th anniversary, also is the first step into “high-end” territory, where cost would be the first question “Why so much ?” “Is it worth it ?” , and then people will automatically think about others at the same price range, with brand being the first “Oh, how it competes against AK SP2K ?”....or WM1Z .....etc...

See ? It is a whole different ball game and mind set.

Don’t worry about not able to buy the 3MTi, if you really want it, post up a wanted thread, and have good offer, people will pass it on. Otherwise, go for SS 3Max, which is going to be listed up in flux for a couple weeks at least. Do not wait longer, because there is only 400 units of SS

Sep 17, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #2,970 of 5,022
Literally an Ultimate portable solutions which I have run all over, chasing it over and over again. My latest attempt were to get it stacking and didn’t even work as well. Oh my, if it isn’t Ibasso, then who else. Bravo to Ibasso and teams!!! Amazing player, design, and performances
6D259B79-DF9A-497B-94EB-214F0A43BED8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back