iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Jul 18, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #166 of 5,029
Knowing iBasso it’ll be the best implementation of the dual AK4499 we have heard yet. I am hyped even though I am still definitely an r2r fanboy.
I also believe this:
Latest implementation of the top AKM chip...
plus FPGA-MASTER...
plus latest implementation of their Super class A...

It's like the "perfect storm" for top level sound.

I'm hoping this will replace my 220max, because nothing I have heard yet has pulled me away from this unit.

The dedicated line out alone, completely eliminated the need for my desktop dac and need to even turn on my laptop..
100% Home system replacement. Sold off the desktop dac!
I only keep a tube amp on the side, for desktop use.🙂👍

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #167 of 5,029
4W

9400mAh

5.5” OLED HDR

Android OS similar to dx300

MangoOS newest

Pluses ? Entries to the next limited production run from Ibasso for early preorder access

:wink:

WHAT... 4W output power? For real?

How did I miss this...

tenor (62).gif

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #169 of 5,029
WHAT... 4W output power? For real?

How did I miss this...

tenor (62).gif
You should have a few more distributors to check that have not posted their pre-order yet...
Depends where you are and checking ibasso site for dealership

Jul 18, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #170 of 5,029
Lol!! Nah, I was just teasing his questions
What😲 lol .
I believed the 4W, because the 220max reaches 1758mW balanced per channel.
SO I expected more, so 2w per channel balanced would be a reasonable expectation.

Jul 18, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #171 of 5,029
Lol!! Nah, I was just teasing his questions

Omg I totally bought it lol... I had schemed out at least 6 different ways to get my hands on one after reading that.

tenor (63).gif

What😲 lol .
I believed the 4W, because the 220max reaches 1758mW balanced per channel.
SO I expected more, so 2w per channel balanced would be a reasonable expectation.

Well I wouldn't assume reasonable or expectable, but what I would say is that if anyone could do it at this price and configuration it would be iBasso.

Jul 18, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #172 of 5,029
I also believe this:
Latest implementation of the top AKM chip...
plus FPGA-MASTER...
plus latest implementation of their Super class A...

It's like the "perfect storm" for top level sound.

I'm hoping this will replace my 220max, because nothing I have heard yet has pulled me away from this unit.

The dedicated line out alone, completely eliminated the need for my desktop dac and need to even turn on my laptop..
100% Home system replacement. Sold off the desktop dac!
I only keep a tube amp on the side, for desktop use.🙂👍
The DX220 Max also replaced my desktop setup over a year ago. It drives my IEM’s and @Maxx134 modded HD800 beautifully.

Jul 18, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #173 of 5,029
All the issues of computer software "player" choices, and especially computer-to-dac issues, are totally gone when using a Dap for the source player.

Top teir Dap with line out = desktop replacement & save money 💰🤑

ibasso dedicated line out = desktop source killer.
🙂

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #177 of 5,029
Can one still buy/order one? Anyone know of where or what I can do buy/reserve one? Cheers all 🍻

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #178 of 5,029
Other vendors will get thier alloted Max's it just that Bloom got their preorders up first. Blooms not the only place that will sell these me thinks. Keep a watch out. They do seem to be very limited on how many will be available.

I would keep tabs on partner sites that sell IBasso stuff. Some sites may be first come first serve on maybe a few of these instead of preorders when available.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #179 of 5,029
Other vendors will get thier alloted Max's it just that Bloom got their preorders up first. Blooms not the only place that will sell these me thinks. Keep a watch out. They do seem to be very limited on how many will be available.

I would keep tabs on partner sites that sell IBasso stuff. Some sites may be first come first serve on maybe a few of these instead of preorders when available.
Eyeing is believing!!!

Jul 19, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #180 of 5,029

Yes, exactly...other North American iBasso dealers will get some as well. Once I knew exactly how many we would get at Bloom, I wanted to give Head-Fi and our existing customers first dibs. Believe me, I wish we could've gotten ten times as many!

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back