iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 18, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #3,016 of 5,022
Simple things, charging at the right moment, turning on when you want it to. functionality. It hasnt changed to their TOTL products. People have still the same problems. What they so sounds amazing, you know as I do Whitty, but how hard can it be to get it right. I admit, I didnt spend £3k on a 3max, mut im glad I didnt. I am happy however to experience the dx200. As notchy as it was, I love it. I hoped at least it wouldnt be an issue anymore? Ibasso are TOTL now?
/
None of these problems with my DX300 (Amp11.2). Charged fine, truly fast software, no sound issues, no blackouts/sudden turn-offs. Would not have sold it ever if it weren't for the Max. Everything worked fine off the bat. Wonder if anybody has reliable data about the share of users of other DAP manufacturers who report issues with expensive DAPs, so as to be entitled to say iBasso DAPs have a greater incidence of problems.

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #3,017 of 5,022
Maybe I missed: Is it the sound quality that is dissapointing or the number of hardware issues?

if i have to point it out…

-screen locked is unresponsive and may require double triple taps to unlock. dx300 was faster on this.

-power on button is a trial by fire it sometimes would turn on fast or just would not.

-multitask between apps and you would get a a distorted sound so you would have to terminate the othe apps first before play on the current app.

- 6oclock to 9oclock channel imbalance

- design flows like only able use 60% on digital volume for iems. why did we have to have 2 volumes control? i feel like not running the digital volume at 100% you are lossing detail.

- digital charging is flaky… sometimes it would take forever to charge. you would have to take out and power off the charger, stop all apps running and try again to enable quick charging. again this does not happen on my dx300.
🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #3,018 of 5,022
Sep 18, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #3,019 of 5,022

-screen locked is unresponsive and may require double triple taps to unlock. dx300 was faster on this.

-power on button is a trial by fire it sometimes would turn on fast or just would not.

-multitask between apps and you would get a a distorted sound so you would have to terminate the othe apps first before play on the current app.

🤦‍♂️

You need fine tune your volume through gain and DAC volume if you’re getting channel imbalance. It’s an analogue volume pot, channel imbalance at low volumes is VERY common with that. That isn’t a malfunction.

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #3,020 of 5,022

🤦‍♂️
- I don’t have this problem
- always powered on just fine
- I don’t multitask
- 6 o’clock is 0 volume and 9 o’clock is 20%. This is analog potentiometer, it happens in every devices that has this, some is more and some is less, even DMP Z1, and that is the nature of Analog potentiometer (no DAP makers fault)

I don’t blame you though, If you expected paying for something, and it has to work out the way you want exactly, then I am not surprised.

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #3,021 of 5,022

- design flows like only able use 60% on digital volume for iems. why did we have to have 2 volumes control? i feel like not running the digital volume at 100% you are lossing detail.

🤦‍♂️
Strange. I have none of these issues on my $300 Hiby. Maybe try the Hiby R8.

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #3,022 of 5,022
You need fine tune your volume through gain and DAC volume if you’re getting channel imbalance. It’s an analogue volume pot, channel imbalance at low volumes is VERY common with that. That isn’t a malfunction.

i cant accept that rationale when my dx300 at less than half the cost does not have that issue. again more was given so more was expected.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #3,023 of 5,022
Strange. I have none of these issues on my $300 Hiby. Maybe try the Hiby R8.
The question is, does he even have a 3Max ? This isn’t the first time a new member would bash, trash, troll Ibasso products. What is driving them, I have no clues, but I have seen it many times and I will follow what I always do

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #3,025 of 5,022
Simpler products, e.g., either non web-enabled, or with fewer functionalities (e.g., non-Android OS), may perhaps present fewer problems. My Cowon PD2 works flawlessly in all respects, although even this fairly simple DAP, with no web/bluetooth/DAC capabilities, is the exchange unit I got after the first one had SD card issues.
But that's natural. In the DX300 (or the Max editions) we have a relatively small real-estate, in a portable DAP, and so many complicated functions and output to coordinate and fine-tune.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #3,027 of 5,022
Simpler products, e.g., either non web-enabled, or with fewer functionalities (e.g., non-Android OS), may perhaps present fewer problems. My Cowon PD2 works flawlessly in all respects, although even this fairly simple DAP, with no web/bluetooth/DAC capabilities, is the exchange unit I got after the first one had SD card issues.
But that's natural. In the DX300 (or the Max editions) we have a relatively small real-estate, in a portable DAP, and so many complicated functions and output to coordinate and fine-tune.
No there are differences between Analog volume pot and Digital Volume pot. The channel imbalances is the nature of analog pot at %20 and below. It happens to all analog pots, some more and some is less

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #3,028 of 5,022
I'd buy ibasso simply because they haven't released a DX300pro. The moment they do, I'm jumping ship.
A DX300 with ESS chips would be interesting.

Ok… whos’ Ti booted up first time in Chinese? Anyone confirm? And was apk Pure already downloaded on the unit?
Sounds like Chinese quality control guy forgot to do factory reset 😂

Apk pure is preloaded on unit is normal
IMG_20210918_111537.jpg
🙂

I thought with my "ignorant" ears I wouldn't detect the effect of burning but I am also pleasantly surprised with my "lower" class SS :) ...that the DAP is getting better, even more refined and dynamic...and as someone mentioned Harry Styles track... "Adore You"....wow. I do feel like I am milking my Shure SE846 for all it can do....even with a recent upgrade to a Meze cable so I cannot wait to upgrade to a new headphone or IEM.
Yes, the SS is the slightly more "luscious" pick from the two. (SS vs Ti)
IMG_20210918_112209__01__01.jpg
👍

What is wrong with the DX300 Max software?
I dunno, haven't experienced anything yet. I think ibasso took the heat for Tidal hiccups.

Truth be told, in every thread there is always unlucky or unsatisfied costumer, which skews the actual impression. "Squeeky wheel gets the oil", scenario. These few don't speak for the whole. It is more like bad form or mal intent to complain non specifics, or specifics that don't pertain to the whole group. They need to vent, which is misplaced. There is both ibasso and a separate thread for issues for those with issues.
It's good to know issue and outcome, but also misleading to imply everyone is having issues.
It's sad they couldn't enjoy the unit properly. Dam those early quality control slip ups.
I remember ibasso said they delayed the Ti for checking the units.

Lets make a list of who had issues.
I'm thinking maybe 3-4 members? Sorry haven't kept count. Anyways as long as I am not having issues, I will be on the side that says it's great, which I assume is the majority.

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #3,029 of 5,022
No there are differences between Analog volume pot and Digital Volume pot. The channel imbalances is the nature of analog pot at %20 and below. It happens to all analog pots, some more and some is less
I am well aware, that was not the point of my post @Whitigir. I am rather commenting on the fact that the DX300 regular and Max versions are far more complicated units in the way I said, as compared to earlier models either of iBasso or other DAP firms. Some teething problems are normal (and iBasso CS is good). I am among the first to be critical of problems, cause that helps companies fix them and develop better QC processes and work ethic, but saying iBasso products are crap because they have a greater incidence of problems requires some reliable and valid evidence. Otherwise, it's just trolling.

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #3,030 of 5,022
I am well aware, that was not the point of my post @Whitigir. I am rather commenting on the fact that the DX300 regular and Max versions are far more complicated units in the way I said, as compared to earlier models either of iBasso or other DAP firms. Some teething problems are normal (and iBasso CS is good). I am among the first to be critical of problems, cause that helps companies fix them and develop better QC processes and work ethic, but saying iBasso products are crap because they have a greater incidence of problems requires some reliable and valid evidence. Otherwise, it's just trolling.
I agree. 👍

May I ask why your selling both of your units? Did you have issues or didn't agree with signature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back