iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 18, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #3,032 of 5,029
Sounds like Chinese quality control guy forgot to do factory reset 😂

Apk pure is preloaded on unit is normal
Thank you. Yes. I agree. QC forgot. No big deal. The SS didn't come with APK Pure though. I downloaded that myself.

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #3,033 of 5,029
After 2 Ibasso, 2 A&k , 1 Cayin DAP they all are just keep missing the mark in more ways. Software is just buggy, slow, bulky, quality issues, laggy unresponsive screens, etc etc etc. All fall short. The only one that actually seem to leave a good user experience for me was the Fiio Q5s, which by the way was what got me all started with the DAP journey. For the amount of money we are paying them they couldn't even get it right. DAP truely sucks! That is why I am ordering a Bartok and be done with it.
Just so you know, dCS has its own issues too. Just go to the dCS user group and you'll hear all about delayed software upgrades, lower end models (read Bartok) not getting the same love,,, nothing is perfect, man. You'll just be trading one set of imperfections for another. Sure, I get pissed too, had to send my 3-day old 3MTi back for a replacement, my HM1KQ still wouldn't connect OTG, but that is also part of the fun! Think of it as playing with prototypes at a fraction of the cheque you'd have to sign as a VC to enjoy haha! So chill man, those moments you tame the shrew, the music more than makes up for the frustration. :)

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #3,034 of 5,029
-power on button is a trial by fire it sometimes would turn on fast or just would not
Yours is not an issue at all... It is a simple sleep setting..
The reason it turn on quick, or takes time to starts up is the power management setting / auto power off. By default its 20min (I think).
So this is a setting issue.

-multitask between apps and you would get a a distorted sound so you would have to terminate the othe apps first before play on the current app.
Having multiple players/apps is not even possible on some Daps. So it's obvious anyone would have issues with multiple players paying (!). Yet I had no issues with both neutron and mango open and switching between them in Android, so that point was specific issue only.

- 6oclock to 9oclock channel imbalance
NOBODY plays thier unit at zero to one quarter way up. That's way too low.
It may be overlooked that there are THREE GAIN SETTINGS...
Why even bother with dac volume?

- design flows like only able use 60% on digital volume for iems. why did we have to have 2 volumes control? i feel like not running the digital volume at 100% you are lossing detail.
Again, this issue can also be rectified with the THREE GAIN SETTINGS of the amp. 😯

- digital charging is flaky… sometimes it would take forever to charge. you would have to take out and power off the charger, stop all apps running and try again to enable quick charging. again this does not happen on my dx300.
Charging issues was resolved TWO OS versions ago!..
If you still have an issue, then its time for going to ibasso themselves to solve.

Specific issues still don't apply to ALL the other units that are not experiencing that issue.
Nobody wants to have issues, and it's hard to be delicate and compassionate to those that didn't have wonderful experience. But the majority of us did.

The 300max is a solid, advanced unit, and complex in order to achieve this level sound.
Being the latest Dap at the top of the heap, does pose heavy threat to many competition. They realize the advancement that they do not have.
The superiority of the greatest Delta sigma chip fully implemented and exploited with the FGPA control, and the obvious superiority of the amp with direct battery source.... It just on another level that everyone may not catch up to soon. Maybe another 1-2yrs?

This is one of the last Dap to have this AKM chip, which is now extinct. It will be hard for competition to eclipse.

With all the chip scarcity, I think Dap makers will be forced to make their own dacs (more R2R & Chord/Sony topologies).
In other words, an uphill battle.

We will see in time that this unit proves itself to be the king.
All hail the king...😂

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #3,035 of 5,029
A DX300 with ESS chips would be interesting.

Sounds like Chinese quality control guy forgot to do factory reset 😂

Apk pure is preloaded on unit is normal
IMG_20210918_111537.jpg
🙂

Yes, the SS is the slightly more "luscious" pick from the two. (SS vs Ti)
IMG_20210918_112209__01__01.jpg
👍

I dunno, haven't experienced anything yet. I think ibasso took the heat for Tidal hiccups.

Truth be told, in every thread there is always unlucky or unsatisfied costumer, which skews the actual impression. "Squeeky wheel gets the oil", scenario. These few don't speak for the whole. It is more like bad form or mal intent to complain non specifics, or specifics that don't pertain to the whole group. They need to vent, which is misplaced. There is both ibasso and a separate thread for issues for those with issues.
It's good to know issue and outcome, but also misleading to imply everyone is having issues.
It's sad they couldn't enjoy the unit properly. Dam those early quality control slip ups.
I remember ibasso said they delayed the Ti for checking the units.

Lets make a list of who had issues.
I'm thinking maybe 3-4 members? Sorry haven't kept count. Anyways as long as I am not having issues, I will be on the side that says it's great, which I assume is the majority.
And some troll. It happens in most all threads. Some are titillated by the exposure and response. It perks up their needy day. I've had issues with AK, didn't mention it much, no need to, no manufacture of anything has no issues. Had it with other daps as well, again, why hang on to it like a wet rag.

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #3,036 of 5,029
The 300max is a solid, advanced unit, and complex in order to achieve this level sound.
Being the latest Dap at the top of the heap, does pose heavy threat to many competition. They realize the advancement that they do not have.
The superiority of the greatest Delta sigma chip fully implemented and exploited with the FGPA control, and the obvious superiority of the amp with direct battery source.... It just on another level that everyone may not catch up to.

This is one of the last Dap to have this AKM chip, which is now extinct. It will be hard for competition to eclipse.
Don't even hold your breath, with all the chip scarcity, I think Dap makers will be forced to make their own dacs (more R2R & Chord/Sony topologies).

All hail the king...😂
I'd like to believe you and hope it will come true... :beerchug:

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #3,037 of 5,029
And some troll. It happens in most all threads. Some are titillated by the exposure and response. It perks up their needy day. I've had issues with AK, didn't mention it much, no need to, no manufacture of anything has no issues. Had it with other daps as well, again, why hang on to it like a wet rag.
Agreed, I too had problems with AK and as a consumers, I had done what I could while keeping the courtesy of it as much as I could, nothing is perfect, and money is not everything. The most ridiculous sense coming out of somebody would be like “I demanded it because I paid for it.” That is their problems, thinking they are the center of the universe. I give thanks to this forum and their ignore buttons for sure

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #3,038 of 5,029
My audio family is complete.... for the time being.... I have a few different sound signatures to play around with and Headphones and IEM's to keep me happy.... for the moment.... see what I'm being drawn in to... I'm just enjoying the moment... until.... MAX4... it's got ot stop... please... the voices screaming inside my head!... 🤣

Attachments

• 20210918_170014.jpg
    20210918_170014.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210918_170829.jpg
    20210918_170829.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Sep 18, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #3,039 of 5,029
My audio family is complete.... for the time being.... I have a few different sound signatures to play around with and Headphones and IEM's to keep me happy.... for the moment.... see what I'm being drawn in to... I'm just enjoying the moment... until.... MAX4... it's got ot stop... please... the voices screaming inside my head!... 🤣
Oh, I can’t even wait to see what Ibasso has planned next. For the first time ever, Ibasso 3MTi has surpassed every expectations I have had. I am sure Ibasso will get even much better

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #3,040 of 5,029
Yours is not an issue at all... It is a simple sleep setting..
The reason it turn on quick, or takes time to starts up is the power management setting / auto power off. By default its 20min (I think).
So this is a setting issue.

Having multiple players/apps is not even possible on some Daps. So it's obvious you would have issues with multiple players paying (!). Yet i had no issues with both neutron and mango open and switching between them in Android, you your point is a non-point and your issue only.

NOBODY plays thier unit at zero to one quarter way up.. NOBODY.
Another non-issue.
You have THREE GAIN SETTINGS...
Why even bother with dac volume?

Again, why aren't you using the THREE GAIN SETTINGS of the amp??

Charging issues was resolved TWO OS VERSIONS AGO..
If you still have an issue, then time for going to ibasso themselves to solve.
It makes no difference to ALL the other units that are not experiencing that issue.
Nobody wants to have issues and it's hard to be delicate and compassionate to those that didn't have wonderful experience. But the majority of us did.

The superiority of the greatest Delta sigma chip fully implemented and exploited with the FGPA control, and the obvious superiority of the amp with direct battery source.... It just on another level that everyone may not catch up to.

Don't even hold your breath, with all the chip scarcity, I think Dap makers will be forced to make their own dacs (more R2R & Chord/Sony topologies).

All hail the king...😂

if it is a simple sleep issue i would understand but it is not that simple. again my base comparison is dx300 which has the same chip as max. it is the inferior responsiveness of the screen when compared to dx300. obviously, i am beginning to think you and some people here has a product worship issue here and not many would highlight the flakiness of the hardware and software. didnt have any issue with channel imbalance on all my daps except this. which if you compare it with those that have channel imbalance are all low end products. darkvoice, xduoo xd05 and most other cheap staff. i cannot compare a TOTL product with entry level product. again even fiio q5s does not have channel imbalance. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #3,042 of 5,029
if it is a simple sleep issue i would understand but it is not that simple. again my base comparison is dx300 which has the same chip as max. it is the inferior responsiveness of the screen when compared to dx300. obviously, i am beginning to think you there is a product worship here and not many would highlight the flakiness of the hardware and software. didnt have any issue with channel imbalance on all my daps except this. which if you compare it with those that have channel imbalance are all low end products. darkvoice, xduoo xd05 and most other cheap staff. i cannot compare a TOTL product with entry level product. again even fiio q5s does not have channel imbalance. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
You apparently are not familiar with analog pots. And there is no flakiness to the MAX in hardware response. I think you are now trolling.

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #3,043 of 5,029
Seriously, some people need to go Google “Volume pot channel imbalance”. I know there aren’t many DAPs built like the 2/3MAX or DMP-Z1, but come on.

Sep 18, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #3,044 of 5,029
im done with Ibasso. Amazing sound I agree. I loved the dx200. but the problems I had with it has been the same to this day of release. Surely they can get the software right yet?y. And it affects people who are paying top dollar. Hats off to all you Ti owners. I envy you. But my last stand with a DAP at this price and premium, id expect perfect functuality. Mods aside. Ibasso isnt new to DAP's, but at least provide something that (as sounds great) at least perform great. Get your poo together. I'll buy something else
Battery issues is something I've been hearing about. It might be software-related, but I cannot confirm for sure. As a non-smartphone manufacturer, getting these things right is extremely complicated. What Samsung has been focusing for decade(s) is just a fraction of what iBasso has to focus to manufacture one of these fine DAPs.

I did the research for my review, and from what I have found out, there is no single DAP on the market that has a more responsive and advanced custom Android ROM than iBasso's DX300 series. The thing doesn't lag at all!

Yes, I agree that the double tap wake up function isn't always quick and responsive, but when it comes to the Android system itself, there's no competition. I might be wrong to say this as there have been numerous DAPs released since DX300's release, but at that time almost every DAP available was embarrassingly behind the DX300. People always complain about the screen and responsiveness of Android being slow on DAPs, DX300 most certainly changed that! I'm pretty sure @Whitigir can agree.

Get your poo together
I think that this particular part of your message is offensive (whether meant as a joke or not). Consumers can be quite ignorant. There are PEOPLE behind every single one of these products. Humans and human brains... not robots that are magically making these devices work. If you think that software engineering and everything about creating one of these complex smartphone devices is easy, go ahead and make one yourself. Make it perfect, make no mistakes. I'm harsh, but you can't say stuff like this. The only thing the customer thinks about is his/her ass. @Paul - iBasso and his team work very hard to improve their products. It takes hundreds of hours to fix these software issues. Be respectful!

Soon we are going to see people bashing manufacturers for not offering the latest SoCs (the flagship ones used in the latest-released smartphones)... then consumers are going to be asking for 4k cameras on their DAPs.

Give these people a break and support them. If you can help them, do so. But software engineering in a custom device such as a DAP is far from easy. It's a custom Android ROM!

Sep 18, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #3,045 of 5,029
From ifi audio:

Volume control – Channel imbalance? (short & detailed)
Short explanation:

An analogue volume control delivers better sound quality than digital volume controls. In case of a small channel imbalance at very low volume settings, please adjust the hip-dac so the volume control is at 12 o’clock for normal listening levels. See below for more detail.

Detailed explanation:

The hip-dac uses an analogue volume control, specifically a dual-track potentiometer. Being analogue differentiates it from the digital volume control built into DAC chips as it ensures ‘bit perfect’ signal integrity.

Digital volume controls alter the original music information (digital data), and often loose effective resolution (bits) even at moderate attenuation; analogue volume controls are free from this defect.

One minor downside of using dual-track analogue volume controls is that there is sometimes a slight mechanical mis-tracking between the two channels. This can cause minor channel imbalance at 9 o’ clock or lower volume settings, making one channel louder.

https://ifi-audio.com/faqs/volume-control-channel-imbalance-short-detailed/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back