iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Aug 21, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #2,491 of 3,626
Got a number of questions asking about DX220 MAX volume control, so wanted to share my "shortcut". MAX has digital volume (DAC output) and analog volume (sw-independent front pot to control internal amp output). If you are using TWS/wireless IEMs or just want to adjust DAC "pre-amp" volume with sensitive IEMs (very useful with Campfire IEMs!!!), it takes some digging to get to Android digital volume control. My shortcut is using Always Visible Volume Button widget. It is collapsible and always stays on the screen no matter which app you are in, you can move its position around and change its size, and it even adds volume control from notification bar.

Here is a video clip how it works (volume in a video clip is muted). I can't embed a video from WordPress so just click on the link to view it, below is just a screenshot.

1598028594838.png

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #2,493 of 3,626
This was after the factory reset and still the same thing? Same situation with Tidal, no audio....?
I would make sure you are charging with 5 volts into the USB C and check the charging into the amp section.

You have to charge the USB C and the 18 volt socket for the Amp batteries.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #2,494 of 3,626
Are you sure the AMP unit is getting power? That's why you have no sound. That battery is dead.

From the manual
"With the furnished AC adapter (18V), the analog section can be
fully charged in about 2 hours. The battery indicator and status of
the analog section is displayed in the upper left corner, the first
from the left is the battery indicator, the second one is the battery
status. The indicator will display the lightning symbol when
charging, and it will show a red exclamation mark when the
battery is empty. When the battery of the analog section is empty,
the amp function cannot be used. At this time, the digital section
would not be affected. But there will be no sound when using the
3.5mm phone out, 4.4mm balanced phone out, or 4.4mm line out."

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #2,497 of 3,626
Thank you all for the help guys!

Here is a shot from Mango and the other from Android?

See what I mean?
Plug in the 18 volt charger. What does it show then? Does it show charging on the left side?

Aug 21, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #2,500 of 3,626
Reinstalled Ibasso ota and back to normal.

Why would that have only happened in my dap using Lurkers firmware? I followed the directions letter to letter?

I even retried his firmware after a fresh install of the stock ota with the same result?

Let's figure this out.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #2,501 of 3,626
Why would that have only happened in my dap using Lurkers firmware?
I have no idea: almost 100 installs, and this is the first such a report so far. Knowing the changes I've made, I can't understand it. I may only guess that either you used my add-on over the original (1.00.123) firmware, or add-on for another device (e.g. DX220)...

Anyway, you can see that it is easy to revert things back with no damage :wink:

Aug 22, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #2,502 of 3,626
I may only guess that either you used my add-on over the original (1.00.123) firmware

That is exactly what I did. I read the description (on blog) that I was suppose to upgrade to the latest Ibasso ota and (then) install your patch?
How can I fix this?

CORRECT!! No issue at all going back to original software, extremely non-problematic!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back