iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Aug 22, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #2,508 of 3,626
I've got a problem starting my Max. Yesterday I installed the Lurker ad-on and everything worked fine. Today It stops at the -Max iBasso audio in Persuit of Perfection- black screen and hangs on there.... Any sugestions?
After waiting for 5-10 minutes it started in Mango OS. I'll try to restart it in Android and install the original firmware through local download. Fingers crossed.

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #2,509 of 3,626
After waiting for 5-10 minutes it started in Mango OS
In some cases, after the player shutdown, the next start the file system of the internal storage has to be checked and corrected, if it wasn't unmounted properly during shutdown. It takes some time, especially with 128GB of DX220Max internal storage, depending on how full it is.

Aug 22, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #2,510 of 3,626
In some cases, after the player shutdown, the next start the file system of the internal storage has to be checked and corrected, if it wasn't unmounted properly during shutdown. It takes some time, especially with 128GB of DX220Max internal storage, depending on how full it is.
Thanks, I did a factory reset and installed it again, for now everything is working.

Aug 22, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #2,511 of 3,626
a question---Just received my new Max! Out of the box it sounds nice---typical grainy high end that one would expect from a non-burned-in unit. Let me correct that--it sounds better than most high end burned-in units. The difference with the EX---you can tell. I can look past the fact that it's not burned in. The midrange---wonderful on the stock Max--sublime on the Ex. The mids just sound like tubes with the Ex. I was trying to use it as a DAC with my computer with Audirvana. I must be missing something. EVERYTHING is set at max gain--the Max and Audirvana. But the volume cranked all the way is enough for loud listening, but it should go much louder. Not that I want to listen to it that loud, but I know that the dynamic peaks are a bit compromised. What am I missing?

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #2,514 of 3,626
Welcome to the club !!
Max should be powerful enough even in Low gain. You may want to check your DaC volume setting. The best setting is Low gain with DaC volume maxed out
Dumb question. Where are the Dac settings? I went into mango settings to put it in Dac mode. But then it seems to be frozen in that mode until I put it back into the Dap mode.

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #2,515 of 3,626
Dumb question. Where are the Dac settings? I went into mango settings to put it in Dac mode. But then it seems to be frozen in that mode until I put it back into the Dap mode.
I believe I only set it in AndroidOS. It is in setting, audio setting or so. Then it should also carry on into MangoOS as well

Aug 24, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #2,517 of 3,626
This was after the factory reset and still the same thing? Same situation with Tidal, no audio....?
For the readers of the thread: flashing the correct add-on resolved the problem! The problem was caused by add-on for DX220 instead of one for DX220Max.

Aug 24, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #2,518 of 3,626
Got the computer thing working. But--can't figure out how to get it to work in DAC mode with my One+7 pro. Everything is hooked up---I'm in DAC mode. Playing either Tidal or Uapp. It only plays through the phone's speakers. I've used the phone into other Dac's all of the time with no problem. Any ideas?

Aug 24, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #2,519 of 3,626
Got the computer thing working. But--can't figure out how to get it to work in DAC mode with my One+7 pro. Everything is hooked up---I'm in DAC mode. Playing either Tidal or Uapp. It only plays through the phone's speakers. I've used the phone into other Dac's all of the time with no problem. Any ideas?
Enable the OTG option. Search for OTG in the settings and enable that, worked on my OnePlus 7T Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back