iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #2,326 of 3,626
Did you mean, Rockchip?

It's quite easy to enter the LOADER mode using ADB, even from the recovery console (I've done it with DX220Max!), for an experienced user, of course. The worst trouble is boot loop. My bootable SD-card is the solution even in case of a boot loop, but not for commercial use, obviously.
My bad...rock chip tool!!! Lol I have been playing around with MTK nowadays too much and messed up

I love your bootable SDcard solutions. Oh, and I love a real Improvement in both OS, the MangoOS and AndroidOS

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #2,327 of 3,626
Just for fun tried the Max with the good old Porta Pro. Listened to Eric Woolfson/Alan Parsons Project - Freudiana (24 bit). My Heaven, I never ever heard the Porta shine like a totally full grown headphone like this. I'm not an excellent review writer like ExpatinJapan, but if you are a Max owner, just try it with the Porta and let your ears tell you all you want to know (and hear).

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #2,328 of 3,626
Just for fun tried the Max with the good old Porta Pro. Listened to Eric Woolf/Alan Parsons Project - Freudiana (24 bit). My Heaven, I never ever heard the Porta shine like a totally full grown headphone like this. I'm not an excellent review writer like ExpatinJapan, but if you are a Max owner, just try it with the Porta and let your ears tell you all you want to know (and hear).
The PortaPro have held up well over the years. A very good bargain.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #2,329 of 3,626
Did you mean, Rockchip?

It's quite easy to enter the LOADER mode using ADB, even from the recovery console (I've done it with DX220Max!), for an experienced user, of course. The worst trouble is boot loop. My bootable SD-card is the solution even in case of a boot loop, but not for commercial use, obviously.

Adb in recovery menu will be identified as rockchipplatform and unauthorized. You can't access loader mode when you are stuck in recovery with unauthorized adb.

Your addon mod has it simpler because you modified only boot.img and oem.img without messing with verity. Simply reflash image can fix it since you don't have to be responsible with deeper level of modification with system files.

For my project with real ROM modification and optimizations, you will need to access loader mode and flash factory image or flash stock ROM in recovery menu.

Regardless of the case, they're not solution for end user to follow and can make sure that they won't need to send unit back to iBasso or ROM/addon cooker for repairing.

I won't go as far as telling others not to take the risk of having soft brick your device but I'm not encouraging this and decided not to publish my own works for iBasso DX220Max until it's safe enough for everyone.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #2,330 of 3,626
To be fair, I know there's working solutions and I'm waiting for official announcement about reliable method. I don't want to place a burden on iBasso for being generous to allow 3rd-party firmware customization and support.

Once there's official tools and instructions provided for support, I'll release DX220Max Purist ROM later. My main concern is to not causing the trouble to manufacturer and wait for appropriate time.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #2,331 of 3,626
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #2,332 of 3,626
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #2,333 of 3,626
Hi @Lurker0
Could we use the androidtool just released by Paul to flash your add-on, avoiding to create the sd bootable card?

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #2,334 of 3,626
DX220-Max-recovery.jpg

OK. Now this will be fine even with verity issue or bootloop. Get flashing guys. Kudos to Paul and iBasso for helping us tinkering with your device. :)

Regards.
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #2,335 of 3,626
Could we use the androidtool just released by Paul to flash your add-on
Yes, I can publish a usual package for AndroidTool. I could do it even before, because Paul just published the same AndroidTool, only the instruction is new :) But have you read the new instruction? From my POV, it is less straightforward than with physical keys, and people tend not to read instructions... With the SD-card, at least it either works or does nothing :wink:

By the way, the second chapter of the instruction is dedicated to how to make a bootable SD card from full firmware image (which, in real life, is also hit and miss process for an average user!), and I provide a ready to use image already :D

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #2,337 of 3,626
20200730_155452-1.jpg20200730_160023-1.jpg20200730_155607-1.jpg20200730_155821-1.jpg

Got this inexpensive small protective case from local hardware store, works great as a storage unit for MAX, its small easy to carry around, and its fit the AC adapter too.

Jul 30, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #2,340 of 3,626
Throw into any backpack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back