iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jul 27, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #2,311 of 3,626
Any chance to recharge the amp section through standard usb charger or directly trought usb of the PC? So I suppose the existence of a cable it has one side usb and the other side the dc-in.
I believe it would be very confortable if you forget the wall charger included or if you want to travel lighter.
Screenshot_20200724-143403_Shopee.jpg
This kind of cable works with my samsung phone's adapter. Didnt test with computer usb though.

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #2,312 of 3,626
Does anyone experience a slight clicking/popping noise when first starting to play music on the MAX?

Any fixes?

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #2,313 of 3,626
Does anyone experience a slight clicking/popping noise when first starting to play music on the MAX?

Any fixes?
Are you on the latest firmware and have you done a factory reset?

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #2,314 of 3,626

Any fixes?
I got it from time to time, and I think that is some transistors being switched on, which is pretty normal I would say. Especially there are 3-4 outputs on the devices without relay

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #2,316 of 3,626
Hello out there

I am very satisfied with the Ibasso DX220 MAX, but I have a question about the DAC volume for those of you with a keen ear.

With the Campfire Solaris (10 ohm version) I am often between 8 and 9 o’clock with the analog volume.

That's why I'm tempted to lower the DAC volume to around 100 - 120 to get more scope for analog volume adjustments. But … it is recommend setting the value between 132~150 to get the best result.

What would I lose in terms of quality going below 132 (has anyone of you already tried this)?

Thanks in advance

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #2,317 of 3,626
Hello out there

I am very satisfied with the Ibasso DX220 MAX, but I have a question about the DAC volume for those of you with a keen ear.

With the Campfire Solaris (10 ohm version) I am often between 8 and 9 o’clock with the analog volume.

That's why I'm tempted to lower the DAC volume to around 100 - 120 to get more scope for analog volume adjustments. But … it is recommend setting the value between 132~150 to get the best result.

What would I lose in terms of quality going below 132 (has anyone of you already tried this)?

Thanks in advance
Technically speaking, you will loose dynamic ranges. But whether you can observe the differences would be the real questions

Jul 29, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #2,319 of 3,626
DX220-Max-recovery.jpg

This picture is for reminding what you'll see when device failing to boot properly. If we have side buttons, it can be resolved safely. Unfortunately, there's no official statement for recovering from this situation when device is soft bricked yet.

Anyway, it's possible to perform complete system modification and flash from computer. I already have DX220 MAX ROM image dumped and will work on ports soon. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 29, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #2,320 of 3,626
DX220-Max-recovery.jpg

This picture is for reminding what you'll see when device failing to boot properly. If we have side buttons, it can be resolved safely. Unfortunately, there's no official statement for recovering from this situation when device is soft bricked yet.

Anyway, it's possible to perform complete system modification and flash from computer. I already have DX220 MAX ROM image dumped and will work on ports soon. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee
Excellent news , the more firmware modified , the better!!!

However, Lurker latest tweaks on firmware is a real performance bringer for free. People who loves airiness and details shall check it out

Jul 29, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #2,321 of 3,626
Excellent news , the more firmware modified , the better!!!

However, Lurker latest tweaks on firmware is a real performance bringer for free. People who loves airiness and details shall check it out

I know. I'd love to release DX220Max Purist ROM right now but I won't do that for safety reason. If customer makes a mistake or there's some conflicts causing software brick problem, they can't use volume control or play button to recover from brick status.

I'll release DX220Max firmware for DX220/DX200/DX160/DX150 for now only. If there's public instructions about failsafe solution in case user bricks DX220Max device, I'll release DX220Max version later.

So long story short, DX220Max Purist ROM is here but I'll release it when there's failsafe method to recover from software brick status. This will reduce burden on iBasso's generous support.

Regards,
Keetakawee

P.S. DX220Max kernel seems to work on DX220 device. I'll test this out later and see if it will fry my DX220 DAP or amp module lol.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #2,322 of 3,626
I know. I'd love to release DX220Max Purist ROM right now but I won't do that for safety reason. If customer makes a mistake or there's some conflicts causing software brick problem, they can't use volume control or play button to recover from brick status.

I'll release DX220Max firmware for DX220/DX200/DX160/DX150 for now only. If there's public instructions about failsafe solution in case user bricks DX220Max device, I'll release DX220Max version later.

So long story short, DX220Max Purist ROM is here but I'll release it when there's failsafe method to recover from software brick status. This will reduce burden on iBasso's generous support.

Regards,
Keetakawee

P.S. DX220Max kernel seems to work on DX220 device. I'll test this out later and see if it will fry my DX220 DAP or amp module lol.
Probably if someone or IBasso could allow fast boot options with ADB or MTK tool.

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #2,324 of 3,626
Probably if someone or IBasso could allow fast boot options with ADB or MTK tool.

I can access fastboot, I can access loader mode, I can access recovery mode. I can dump ROM, flash ROM, make DX220Max Purist ROM working on DX220Max.

The issue is when device get soft brick like corrupted boot image or system partition, it'll get bootloop or reboot into recovery. And you'll be stuck there not being able to choose anything because they removed volume control and don't implement touch screen support in recovery.

So. I won't release my modded ROM on iBasso DX220Max device even if it will work fine until user can have failsafe recovery method that they can perform themselves.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #2,325 of 3,626
MTK tool.
Did you mean, Rockchip?

Probably if someone or IBasso could allow fast boot options with ADB
It's quite easy to enter the LOADER mode using ADB, even from the recovery console (I've done it with DX220Max!), for an experienced user, of course. The worst trouble is boot loop. My bootable SD-card is the solution even in case of a boot loop, but not for commercial use, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back