iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jul 30, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #2,343 of 3,626
I don’t know how, but the Neutron player in Androids and Lurker Firmware has made improvements too, not only observable but also visual, the DAC consumes more power as the batteries drops faster and the CPU gets warmer as well

Everyone of Max owner should really get Lurker Firmware

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #2,345 of 3,626
Can the 220 Max act as a USB-DAC for iOS devices? (iphone/ipad). I briefly had a regular DX220, but wasn't able to get it to work. I didn't know if I was doing something wrong, or if the functionality just wasn't possible. Thanks!

Jul 30, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #2,346 of 3,626
Can the 220 Max act as a USB-DAC for iOS devices? (iphone/ipad). I briefly had a regular DX220, but wasn't able to get it to work. I didn't know if I was doing something wrong, or if the functionality just wasn't possible. Thanks!
Dx200 and dx220 has been doing this for a while already :).

It can also play upto DSD512

Jul 30, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #2,347 of 3,626
Dx200 and dx220 has been doing this for a while already :).

It can also play upto DSD512

Not to be a pain, but "yes" specifically to iOS devices? (I know it can be a USB-DAC to PC/Mac) -- I just wanted to 100% confirm

Thanks in advance!

Actually, one more thing. If you were to use this as a somewhat stationary desktop device, can it be plugged-in (both plugs) and still sound good? Or, would the power degrade the sound. Maybe a dumb question, but just curious.

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #2,348 of 3,626
Not to be a pain, but "yes" specifically to iOS devices? (I know it can be a USB-DAC to PC/Mac) -- I just wanted to 100% confirm

Thanks in advance!

Actually, one more thing. If you were to use this as a somewhat stationary desktop device, can it be plugged-in (both plugs) and still sound good? Or, would the power degrade the sound. Maybe a dumb question, but just curious.
I used it and still do for Netflix and YouTube stuff not only wired connection but also Bluetooth wirelessly DAC as well

Give the plugged in a try and see if you can hear the changes. If not, then it wouldn’t matter :wink:....theoretically speaking, it is best running off the battery unplugged

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #2,349 of 3,626
Hello. Easy report on energy consumption. Lurker firmware, for which special thanks.) Load 32 ohm, balanced channel (complete heating cable) Charge 100% on both batteries. Max worked for 10 hours, 14% remained on the digital battery, 35% on the analog one. Volume at 12 o'clock. Gein is high. In general, about 12 hours of autonomy. This is just a great indicator for me as a portable)

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #2,351 of 3,626
Hello. Easy report on energy consumption. Lurker firmware, for which special thanks.) Load 32 ohm, balanced channel (complete heating cable) Charge 100% on both batteries. Max worked for 10 hours, 14% remained on the digital battery, 35% on the analog one. Volume at 12 o'clock. Gein is high. In general, about 12 hours of autonomy. This is just a great indicator for me as a portable)
IMO, Max is best used with “Low-gain:wink:. I also noticed that Lurker firmware increased playback time, but I have not done extensive testing this way. Thank you for confirming

Lurker Firmware is recommended !!!! Both batteries performances and sound quality.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #2,352 of 3,626
IMO, Max is best used with “Low-gain:wink:. I also noticed that Lurker firmware increased playback time, but I have not done extensive testing this way. Thank you for confirming

Lurker Firmware is recommended !!!! Both batteries performances and sound quality.
My 5 cents:
1EADF92E-34DB-45E8-9261-68A434DCDFBF.jpeg

Analogue section was recharged separately, so don’t be confused with 97%. But digital section you can see: with Neutron MP this time I played FLAC 44/16 files only, with Tidal the same, 44/16 files. Delta between 100% change was “eaten” by WiFi, screen on during selection of songs.

Jul 30, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #2,353 of 3,626
My 5 cents:

Analogue section was recharged separately, so don’t be confused with 97%. But digital section you can see: with Neutron MP this time I played FLAC 44/16 files only, with Tidal the same, 44/16 files. Delta between 100% change was “eaten” by WiFi, screen on during selection of songs.
And to avoid questions, I was two days out of home in our summer house - that’s why DAP was recharged 2+ days ago.

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #2,354 of 3,626
I'm not sure how many users actually need it, but here it is: my add-on for DX220Max, firmware version 1.01.123!

There are no hardware buttons to enter bootloader mode, so bootable SD-card is the only possible way to flash the add-on.

WARNING: if you have Google Play Store already installed, please uninstall it before flashing the add-on, to avoid conflicts between two versions (system app from add-on and user-installed). It is written in the add-on description, but, just in case... people tend not to read... :frowning2:

Hello Lurker,

i wanted to ask -- i was checking the instructions for Mac, and the files mentioned in the github page was for dx200. will it still work?

this is my first ibasso device so checking how it goes.

thanks.

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #2,355 of 3,626
i was checking the instructions for Mac, and the files mentioned in the github page was for dx200.
You have read the instruction for Mac written for DX200, followed the link from "Please refer to DX200 instruction for more information and hints". The instruction is mostly the same, the file must be for DX220Max, from the basic description for DX220Max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back