iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jul 31, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #2,356 of 3,626
You have read the instruction for Mac written for DX200, followed the link from "Please refer to DX200 instruction for more information and hints". The instruction is mostly the same, the file must be for DX220Max, from the basic description for DX220Max.

got it, i missed the link to the dx220maxupdater so got to it and it's up and running now. thanks.

-----------

tip for others primarily using mango os -- switch to android first then power off, before inserting the card. doing it after powering off from mango os will do nothing.

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #2,357 of 3,626
Last night I've tested continuous playback of DX220Max in conditions, close to my use:
  • Headphones: iBasso SR1 (single ended)
  • Gain: high (know, know! :wink:)
  • Digital volume: default (132)
  • Analog volume: my comfortable level for vinyl rips (higher than for modern hi-res remasters).
  • Test file: 24/88.2kHz pink noise flac.
  • Player: Neutron
Result: 9h28m to auto-off, analog battery remained at 36%. I'm quite satisfied with the result! Today I'm going to vacations in a train (16 hours, including night), and I'm sure it will serve me as much as required from one charge :)

Jul 31, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #2,358 of 3,626
Hi @Lurker0
yesterday I flashed your add-on through your sd bootable card.
It seems something has not gone fine...After the first reboot I saw hybymusic app...tried to activate Bluetooth but it began to turn on/ff intermittence...So I did a factory reset...I lost hubymusic...it seemed it was better but after a while the display began to flickr and it was almost unusable...Running Mango OS it seems everything ok.
Any idea of what happened?
thank you!
ciao

Jul 31, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #2,359 of 3,626
So I did a factory reset...I lost hubymusic
If you need to restore it, you have to re-flash the add-on.

Any idea of what happened
The only idea that comes to mind is that you've used SD card image from DX220, or DX200, or DX160, but not from DX220Max (just like almost happened here). This may affect the display, but I can say nothing regarding BT. The add-on itself changes nothing neither for BT, nor for the display. Or, you might have firmware 1.00.100, not 1.01.123... You may check the firmware version now in the Settings.

You may try to revert to the original firmware by installing manual update to 1.01.123, or by flashing the full image from the first page of the thread.

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #2,360 of 3,626
I finally ran out of battery last night on the Max. Ran it with the DAC charger plugged in, because it was going down very slowly and didn't seem to be a factor in run time when compared to the AMP battery. I got around 13 hours and 20 minutes. High gain, 16/44.1, headphones and 11 o'clock on the volume. I was in Android. The last 25% seemed to take forever to go down. That is a long play time for a dap that does all that the Max does. I have a portable battery that would more than double that time.

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #2,361 of 3,626
I finally ran out of battery last night on the Max. Ran it with the DAC charger plugged in, because it was going down very slowly and didn't seem to be a factor in run time when compared to the AMP battery. I got around 13 hours and 20 minutes. High gain, 16/44.1, headphones and 11 o'clock on the volume. I was in Android. The last 25% seemed to take forever to go down. That is a long play time for a dap that does all that the Max does. I have a portable battery that would more than double that time.
20200326_163452.jpg

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #2,362 of 3,626
Last night I've tested continuous playback of DX220Max in conditions, close to my use:
  • Headphones: iBasso SR1 (single ended)
  • Gain: high (know, know! :wink:)
  • Digital volume: default (132)
  • Analog volume: my comfortable level for vinyl rips (higher than for modern hi-res remasters).
  • Test file: 24/88.2kHz pink noise flac.
  • Player: Neutron
Result: 9h28m to auto-off, analog battery remained at 36%. I'm quite satisfied with the result! Today I'm going to vacations in a train (16 hours, including night), and I'm sure it will serve me as much as required from one charge :)
My upper post, I forgot to share my update: with listening FLAC 44/16 (Neutron), low gain, 140 DAC Volume via IMR Halcyon IEM I got 15 hours 24 minutes until auto-off.
So, you may even get your 16 hours target if you will listen not too high res files :)))))

Thanks a lot for your battery optimization, I owe a beer (of coffee) to you!

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #2,363 of 3,626
if you will listen not too high res files
then I'd have nothing to listen :) Around 90% of what I listen are analog recording rips (vinyl, reel-to-reel), which are distributed in hires or DSD. The rest are remasters in hi-res or DSD (SACD).

Jul 31, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #2,364 of 3,626
then I'd have nothing to listen :) Around 90% of what I listen are analog recording rips (vinyl, reel-to-reel), which are distributed in hires or DSD. The rest are remasters in hi-res or DSD (SACD).
That’s my choice as well. Best sounding for my ears are DxD 384/32 rips.
It’s pity I’m able to find some artists only in 44/16 - but still better than nothing..

Jul 31, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #2,367 of 3,626
So, it's transportable, yet I can tie it in to my home system. Can control with bluetooth buttons, but will have HiBy access with Lurker's FW update.
Can listen to my full size Empyreans and now has a good battery life (again, thanks to Lurker).
Oh yeah, it apparently sounds awesome...

You're really making it hard to resist getting this. I just need one more push...yes or no..?

Cheers and Vacillating! :beerchug:
-HK sends
There hasn't been enough good things said about it? :^). Do you enjoy Kingman?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back