iBasso DX200 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Apr 4, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #76 of 333
Firmware v.2.1.94

Previous bug remains that when using Android Mango Player, screen always comes back on locked even with "None" selected in Android menu settings. This requires a swipe up to get back to the player.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #77 of 333
Firmware v.2.1.94

Previous bug remains that when using Android Mango Player, screen always comes back on locked even with "None" selected in Android menu settings. This requires a swipe up to get back to the player.

The next FW should have this all fixed. OK?
smile.gif
I don't like it either and have been asking the guys to get this fixed.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 5, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #78 of 333
Hey @Paul - iBasso

Firmware: v.2.1.94

unfortunately i still got random messages that launcher3 crashed and when i am charging my device (just charging, no music playback) it restarts every 5-10 minutes, constantly!

i did a factory reset but nothing helps.

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #79 of 333
  Hey @Paul - iBasso

unfortunately i still got random messages that launcher3 crashed and when i am charging my device (just charging, no music playback) it restarts every 5-10 minutes, constantly!

Please try the Batch Tool on the DX200 thread. It is on the first page. You can use the .img file linked. It is possible there is a corruption that requires the drive to be wiped and the Batch Tool does this. You need to use a PC and the instructions for the use and installation are with the download.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #80 of 333
  Hey @Paul - iBasso

i am experiencing this too...

when i get back to the player while charging it says,launcher 3 has crashed.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #81 of 333

Please try the Batch Tool on the DX200 thread. It is on the first page. You can use the .img file linked. It is possible there is a corruption that requires the drive to be wiped and the Batch Tool does this. You need to use a PC and the instructions for the use and installation are with the download.

Hey @Paul - iBasso

first of all thanks for the quick support, as always!

So, i used the batch tool with the img on the first page, then i updated on newest firmware.
it seems not to reboot when charging. i will look into this a few days and give feedback, but another very annoying thing happens:

i still have (from day one, regardless the firmware version) Launcher3 crashs, multiple times when doing specific things.
when just listening to music in tidal (i do only tidal, 100%) it runs fine. But after i did the batch tool, i had to restore my offline content in tidal.

this means 80gb or so of data and about 250 albums.

So tidal starts downloading and has a huuuuge download queue. then when my dx200 goes into sleep mode, it keeps running for a few minutes but then the download stops:

1. dx200 disconnects from wifi (altough it is always on in setting and lies ON the router, really having pgysical contact)
2. of course tidal stops downloading the queue.
3. Message apperas: Launcher3 has stopped
4. and then sometimes it reboots when i restart tidal (not always like points 1-3)

it really stopps 1-3 times per album, so it means i have to check every 5 minutes if its still downloading.
this would take me days or weeks to restore my content and this really kills my experience @Paul - iBasso

can you please help me here? i will never do a batch tool again because of the problems with restoring my tidal offline content.

and i really really want to love the device but there seem to be a lot of software problems around. really shouldn`t be for a device at this price point. i used tidal on numerous devices, ios and android with downloading and everything ran flawlessly, so it is possible...

please help me

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #82 of 333

Hey @Paul - iBasso

So, i used the batch tool with the img on the first page, then i updated on newest firmware.
it seems not to reboot when charging. i will look into this a few days and give feedback, but another very annoying thing happens:

i still have (from day one, regardless the firmware version) Launcher3 crashs, multiple times when doing specific things.
when just listening to music in tidal (i do only tidal, 100%) it runs fine. But after i did the batch tool, i had to restore my offline content in tidal.

So tidal starts downloading and has a huuuuge download queue. then when my dx200 goes into sleep mode, it keeps running for a few minutes but then the download stops:

1. dx200 disconnects from wifi (altough it is always on in setting and lies ON the router, really having pgysical contact)
4. and then sometimes it reboots when i restart tidal (not always like points 1-3)

it really stopps 1-3 times per album, so it means i have to check every 5 minutes if its still downloading.
this would take me days or weeks to restore my content and this really kills my experience @Paul - iBasso

can you please help me here? i will never do a batch tool again because of the problems with restoring my tidal offline content.

and i really really want to love the device but there seem to be a lot of software problems around. really shouldn`t be for a device at this price point. i used tidal on numerous devices, ios and android with downloading and everything ran flawlessly, so it is possible...

please help me

Can confirm. Happens to me too. Everything mentioned in this post happens to me. However, mine stops downloading randomly in a hour or so. As a result, I was able to download my library in 2 days after constant reconnecting the wifi

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #83 of 333
  Can confirm. Happens to me too. Everything mentioned in this post happens to me. However, mine stops downloading randomly in a hour or so. As a result, I was able to download my library in 2 days after constant reconnecting the wifi

thanks for confirming all this, seems i am not the only one.
and really, it should be like this:

1. start dowloads in tidal (no matter if 1 or 10.000 songs)
2. download is finished after last song!

i don`t like the sentence but it really is no rocket science :)

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #84 of 333
Firmware 2.1.94
Factory reset has been done after firmware upgrade.

Some suggestions/issues:
(i'm an android app developer, i you need any help for you app i can help you for free)
(sorry from my english, i'm from Italy)

* USB Dac mode doesn't work: the sound is completely distorted when i try to play music from my computer.
* When i play music on a Bluetooth device, only 44khz files are working. when i try to play a file with a higher rate the app is stopping playback or is going forward a few seconds in the song randomly
* Volume adjustment via the wheel is too slow (a lot too slow), to solve this you could:
    - Make the wheel sensitivity higher
    - Make the wheel change sound more rapidly when turned rapidly (it's easy to do, all you have to do is check the wheel speed and increase the volume change when turning above a determined speed)
    - ideally let's set the sensitivity in settings
    - add a volume slider on the player main screen to allow quick and easy change
* the "volume animation" is blocking all the player view: it should be possible to make it disappear sooner or disable it (seeing the volume in the app bar is enough for me and it doesn't block access to the app)
* When a song is playing and we click on the add to playlist button, it should be possible to click on a "Add to new list" button. It's too long to have to swipe right, navigate to the playlist management tab and create a new list from there. 
* all the playlists the current song belong to should be highlighted or ticked
* It should be possible to add the song to many lists at once: you could do this by using long click: when the user long click on a playlist, the app enters in multi selection mode and you can click on more playlists
* In the playlist management tab:
    - The "add new list" should be on top (once you have many list it's very long to go to the end of the list) or you could add a floating button
    - When you try to add a new list, if you don't click exactly on the "Playlist Name" text but on the dialog background it closes the dialog
    - When you don't enter a description, the playlist list shows "null" instead of blank text
* We should be able to display song name/artist/album just above the time seek line.

* I think rows height in all the app lists should be smaller (could be a setting), browsing songs, albums, playlists... would be a lot faster
* Adding a notation feature is missing, being able to set a notation from 0 to 5 stars is very important to be able to quickly mark songs we want to hear back later or not.
* You should add a search feature
* Is it possible to disable Digital filter ? if i'm not wrong we can only choose between the 7 filters but we can't disable them completely
* it would be nice to have a landscape view with the songs list on the left and current play info on the right
* When playing a song we should be able to "show album" of "show albums of artist"
* locked screen widget should be bigger and have music control buttons
* setting lock screen to none doesn't work
* you should let the user set the screen timout time and allow to make it stay on and add an option that let screen on if the player is connected to charger
* it should be possible to save to eq user presets and ideally have separated left/right eq
* a great feature you could add that would make your device unique: a calibration feature. Here is how to can make this very easily:
play a tone at each eq band starting a very low volume until the user hear the tone.
Once it's done you know the user sensitivity differences for all frequencies and compensate them with the eq.
You can let the user save the profile for him and for each headphone he is using.
(i can make this for you if you want, i would send you the code to add to your app) 

This is all for now :)

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #86 of 333
i have started to work on an android app that let's you check your ears sensibility and i have discovered (i knew something was wrong) that my left ear is really deficient for trebles.

This mean i would really benefit from a separated eq for left and right. Do you think you could make this possible ?

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #87 of 333
I don't know whether this is a firmware bug or not, but is anyone having problems with the optical output?

When the DX200 is connected to my Mojo, the sound intermittently cuts out, and the sample rate light flickers different colours. 24 bit files, especially those at higher sample rates are the worst affected, sometimes with alarmingly loud cracks when skipping tracks.

Upon disconnecting the DAC, the DX200 does a mini reboot before the screen returns to whatever album was playing pre Mojo. Without music playing soft clicks can be heard if the volume knob is operated.

I've tried rebooting, updating, resetting and lengthy periods of creative swearing, but surprisingly the problem persists.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #88 of 333
  i am experiencing this too...

when i get back to the player while charging it says,launcher 3 has crashed.

Hey @Paul - iBasso

please help me

I don't know whether this is a firmware bug or not, but is anyone having problems with the optical output?

When the DX200 is connected to my Mojo, the sound intermittently cuts out, and the sample rate light flickers different colours. 24 bit files, especially those at higher sample rates are the worst affected, sometimes with alarmingly loud cracks when skipping tracks.

Upon disconnecting the DAC, the DX200 does a mini reboot before the screen returns to whatever album was playing pre Mojo. Without music playing soft clicks can be heard if the volume knob is operated.

I've tried rebooting, updating, resetting and lengthy periods of creative swearing, but surprisingly the problem persists.

I will report these issues to the software team and have them work on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back